ADVERTISEMENT

Upcoming Schedule favors USF on Thanksgiving?

KnightsAreForReal

Two-Star Recruit
Sep 4, 2010
Was looking at our schedule vs UCF's in the weeks leading up to the Thanksgiving showdown. Do you think USF has an advantage?

We play UCONN at home this weekend, followed by Temple on 11/18 (noon game confirmed now).

USF meanwhile has a bye week this Saturday with a Thursday night home game against Tulsa (11/16). That gives them more than a week to prepare for us (and its only a short bus ride over, so not much of a home field travel advantage for us).

Basically, the bye week + a favorable travel schedule has me worried. Anyone else concerned?

I'm more concerned about Temple to be honest. I see it as another nailbiter the way SMU was and to an extent the Navy game. The kids will be incredibly hyped for the USF game and I expect them to be very focused and playing well. Both teams, for that matter. That matchup is as much a huge deal for them as it is for us as fans.

I'll worry about USF when they get here. The rest is on the coaches and team.

Was looking at our schedule vs UCF's in the weeks leading up to the Thanksgiving showdown. Do you think USF has an advantage?

We play UCONN at home this weekend, followed by Temple on 11/18 (noon game confirmed now).

USF meanwhile has a bye week this Saturday with a Thursday night home game against Tulsa (11/16). That gives them more than a week to prepare for us (and its only a short bus ride over, so not much of a home field travel advantage for us).

Basically, the bye week + a favorable travel schedule has me worried. Anyone else concerned?
Bus ride over might be short but it can be tricky

No bc their coaches suck

I assume if the score allows it that our coaches will rotate more RBs the next 2 games

Even if the UCF offense starts slow I know the Defense will play really well at home.

Also the sample size is small but Coach Frost has been very impressive vs other teams from the State of Florida.

Team has embarrassed FIU twice and last year USF game was still a 1 possession game early in the 4th quarter when UCF had no Oline, running game, and consistent QB play.

Reactions: Miltonian
More than a week still isn't enough time for them to prepare for us.

I've been watching their games throughout the season, and they always get off to slow starts and struggle to put away teams. It took them 3 quarters to finally start pulling away from UCONN this weekend. They still don't have any wins over FBS teams with a winning record. The one decent team they finally played (Houston) and they got exposed.

I think the biggest factors for us in that game are to get off to a quick start and to limit the turnovers. Also keep in mind that they're being coached by the genius who said "the best football team lost that game" when we busted his team's championship aspirations.

I'm more concerned about Temple to be honest. I see it as another nailbiter the way SMU was and to an extent the Navy game. The kids will be incredibly hyped for the USF game and I expect them to be very focused and playing well. Both teams, for that matter. That matchup is as much a huge deal for them as it is for us as fans.
I agree here on the temple game. Tough one.

No. The cows have no idea what it is like to play in front of a crowd and ours is going to be nuts.

Reactions: Lurky

no

Would UCF still be grateful to Fosty if he leaves without beating USF but he turned around the program?

The season will be a complete failure without a win on black friday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT