ADVERTISEMENT

Update: All charges dropped against UCF's Raymond Cutts

3rd degree will probably be reduced to a fine and maybe probation if a first time offender. The gun charge could me more serious if it was on his person. As opposed to under his seat in car. If was going to see the field next year I don’t see them dismissing him from team. Probably a suspension of some fashion.

3rd degree will probably be reduced to a fine and maybe probation if a first time offender. The gun charge could me more serious if it was on his person. As opposed to under his seat in car. If was going to see the field next year I don’t see them dismissing him from team. Probably a suspension of some fashion.
Hope he has a good lawyer

As you allude to, we don't yet know the determinative facts. Whether he was actually "involved," or whether he was, for instance, just catching a ride to the neighborhood 7-Eleven with an acquaintance who was driving the car and had a weapon under the seat that Cutts had no knowledge of. Just too many possibilities to speculate at this point.

Shows you how big being a part of the program/on campus is for some of these guys.....the “brotherhood” accountability, guidance/structure, and regular meals. I hope he can find a way to turn this around and grow from this

Shows you how big being a part of the program/on campus is for some of these guys.....the “brotherhood” accountability, guidance/structure, and regular meals. I hope he can find a way to turn this around and grow from this

Good point. Structure is huge and it is breaking down in a lot of aspects for folks during this crisis.

Well, if he's off the team, there's probably 200 or more FBS/FCS teams that will take him. It's just getting to be another way to enter the transfer portal (just sarcasm not serious).

Reactions: Knight Strength
He was charged, not convicted. I hold out hope that this promising young man will somehow successfully navigate beyond this.
Well I’m interested to hear why Cutts was the suspect in the theft of the handgun from the Walmart parking lot. Sounds like there’s some evidence from when the gun was stolen a week ago

The news was not even reported on the homepage of this site. Brandon knows his subs only want to read positive news and hype.

You made your own post on the subject, I came to this one to avoid you, sadly you can’t stay in one place and need to come to this thread for the attention.

Should never have been off. A game suspension at most. Plus wait until the facts come out. Even if they would have evidence, he would have pled to much lesser counts.
Right. He was probably in the "dog house" but was never actually off the team. From what I've seen in these situations the team waits until the legal or administrative stuff plays out before kicking anyone off the team.

Right. He was probably in the "dog house" but was never actually off the team. From what I've seen in these situations the team waits until the legal or administrative stuff plays out before kicking anyone off the team.
At UF they actually bump kids up the depth chart for misdemeanors, and if a starter commits a felony they get bumped up to team captain.

You gotta build a "culture of success" if you really want to be big time in NCAA FB.

At UF they actually bump kids up the depth chart for misdemeanors, and if a starter commits a felony they get bumped up to team captain.

You gotta build a "culture of success" if you really want to be big time in NCAA FB.
They do that at UF too? I thought that was only at Ohio State

ADVERTISEMENT