ADVERTISEMENT

Update on transfer Kamari Stephens, former UCF target

AuburnLegacy_1

Silver Knight
Feb 4, 2022
I have been wondering what became of Stephens and whether the former FAMU Rattler could have helped this UCF team. He ended up at Jacksonville State after unreconcilable differences at FAMU made his continued stay there untenable.

“Things just got very hard for me over the summer at FAMU," Stephens said. "I went to talk to [head coach Willie Simmons] and there was just nothing that could be done. So, I had to do what was best for me and ended up at Jacksonville State. I liked what they had to offer. It's a totally different culture from Tallahassee and I just felt like that's what I needed.”

He is listed at 6-3, 250 on the Jacksonville State roster.

He has played in 11 games, made 10 tackles, including 5.5 for losses, 3.5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, and one pass deflection. His tackles alone would rank 24th on the team.

Needless to say, he would have been far more productive than Isaiah Paul.

Did the Georgia LB transfer do anything either? That guy had solid SEC experience. Never understood the Paul thing.

Did the Georgia LB transfer do anything either? That guy had solid SEC experience. Never understood the Paul thing.
Unfortunately, no. I remember him playing early in the year and he looked slow and played poorly. Total bummer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT