ADVERTISEMENT

Update Postponed (COVID): UCF Hoops Hosts Memphis this Tues, Jan 5th at 9 PM

Knight_Light

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Memphis is 2-1 in conf play this season...as they beat Tulane (80-74) and cow u (58-57) while losing to Tulsa (56-49).

Memphis has played 10 games this season but they only played ONE road game (at Tulane).

Tigers have struggled scoring their last 2 games (49 in loss to Tulsa and just 58 vs cow u).

Memphis has a DEEP bench...as they have been playing 9-10 guys per conf game, so they normally never have to worry about foul trouble.

Like many Tiger teams...the athletic young guns struggle from 3 (30%) and also struggle at the FT line (55%) but they usually dominate the boards....but they move the ball quickly around the floor, which leads to some easy buckets....as they are averaging 15 assists per conf game.

UCF will have to play solid D and like in any game...UCF leaders can't afford 2 fouls in first half...as that will put them on the bench in foul trouble...a bench that is already very short.

Are we the only school in the American that can execute a Covid bubble? This is ridiculous.

Are we the only school in the American that can execute a Covid bubble? This is ridiculous.
The tweet I saw said it was an issue with us this time. I would agree, though, whatever we are doing worked well for football. I don't know about every other sport, though. A while back I was like, "Shouldn't FSU's AD be calling a program like ours to see why we play all our games and they had rampant issues with games needing to be moved or cancelled?"

Reactions: Knight Strength
If that's the case, how do you have a "Covid Issue" for Tulane on the 30th, have no issue for USF on the 2nd, and then go back to having a "Covid Issue" again on the 5th?

If that's the case, how do you have a "Covid Issue" for Tulane on the 30th, have no issue for USF on the 2nd, and then go back to having a "Covid Issue" again on the 5th?
I am glad you asked that question.

If the Covid issues are limited, in UCF's case a walk-on and an assistant tested positive before the Tulane game according to a source, the game can still happen if both teams are willing to play the game as scheduled.

Tulane was not willing to play. USF was willing to play since UCF didn't have any more positive results.

I don't know if Memphis was unwilling to play tonight or if UCF postponed the game.

I am glad you asked that question.

If the Covid issues are limited, in UCF's case a walk-on and an assistant tested positive before the Tulane game according to a source, the game can still happen if both teams are willing to play the game as scheduled.

Tulane was not willing to play. USF was willing to play since UCF didn't have any more positive results.

I don't know if Memphis was unwilling to play tonight or if UCF postponed the game.
Thanks for clarifying

Reactions: Russ Wood
IRVING, Texas – The American Athletic Conference has announced changes to two men’s basketball games.

The game between UCF and Tulsa scheduled for Jan. 9 has been postponed due to contact tracing of the student-athletes at UCF. Rescheduling information is yet to be determined.

The American Athletic Conference has announced that the men's basketball game between Memphis and UCF originally scheduled for Jan. 5 in Orlando has been rescheduled for Feb. 1 in Memphis, Tenn.

The game time is set for 8 p.m. Eastern/7 p.m. Central and the network designation will be announced at a later date.

The teams will then play the second game of the series on Feb. 3 in Memphis, at the originally scheduled time of 8 p.m. Eastern/7 p.m. Central and will air on ESPN+.

Any word on if the game with Temple will happen this week?
I’m pretty sure we have issues and a lot of our games will be postponed. Not sure why Basketball can’t get it together. Less of them but more have Covid than football did.

If Temple has not officially been suspended at this point that should be good news the Knights will be back on the court

ADVERTISEMENT