ADVERTISEMENT

Us embassy in iraq

It’s an easy solution, just send Iran pallets of money in unmarked planes. They will love us then...

It bothers me that the media is calling them “protester.” They are mostly wearing fatigues, those are not protestors, they are military. Also, how does the Iraqi government keep out tens of thousands of protesters into the green zone during the real protests but these mutants walk right to the embassy? It’s an easy answer, the entire region is corrupt.

Damn. That thing cost a ton of money. Could have domed Spectrum stadium with that money.

Clearly Trump garners zero respect. They know the US will do diddily-squat.

Incredible. Iranian militia are ordered to go attack our diplomats and troops, who are under attack as we speak, and this sack of shit is still obsessively attacking Trump and making this a partisan issue

No wonder this country is going into the shitter

Clearly Trump garners zero respect. They know the US will do diddily-squat.
Clearly he should have killed more than 25 of them. That way they know he will do more than diddly squat.

Think about your statement. They killed one of ours, we killed 25 of theirs. And you're saying he won't do diddly squat? It seems to me that his response was too strong, not too weak.

Guess we'll have to wait and see what kind of response we'll see from Trump for attacking our embassy.

No we don’t. We already know what your delusional ass is going to say. You’ll bitch and whine about Trump while probably secretly cheerleading the Iranians since you think they hurt Trump or whatever

I’m sure you can’t wait for Trump to start another military action so you can list that in your endless rankings of all things anti-Trump, real or imagined.
Didn't we punt and turn the Middle East over to Russia and Turkey? What happened to Trump's "bring 'em home" mantra?

What the hell are we still doing there?

Didn't we punt and turn the Middle East over to Russia and Turkey? What happened to Trump's "bring 'em home" mantra?

What the hell are we still doing there?

Is that what you want? Bring them home and mind our own business?

It would help if we have a reference point for your opinions so it doesn't just seem like your standard position is just "trump bad". Honestly, what do you want regardless of who is in the White House?

Reactions: UCFWayne
This is an incredible tweet thread from a guy who has been monitoring the Iranian militia in Iraq. They’ve been attacking our contractors and personnel for months. People there to work lawfully in Iraq, being attacked by Iranian trained fighters. And lefties still blame Trump.

Thank God we now have a Commander in Chief who takes these attacks seriously and doesn’t try to brush them off as protests over a video, or ignore the pleas of Ambassadors for troops to protect personnel

Not at all. The media is still pushing the lie that they’re mourners or protestors.

This is going to be a tough one to spin if the media is honest. The most likely scenario is that they generally ignore it.

Trump is in a catch 22 here. If he pulls out of the region, he will be accused of opening the door for Russia to dominate the region. If he increases or maintains our troop presence he will be accused of being an imperialist hell bent on middle-east war. That's why I would love for our board leftists to say what they want to see done, that way it will be clear ahead of time whether they approve or disapprove of how he handles this.

This is going to be a tough one to spin if the media is honest. The most likely scenario is that they generally ignore it.

Trump is in a catch 22 here. If he pulls out of the region, he will be accused of opening the door for Russia to dominate the region. If he increases or maintains our troop presence he will be accused of being an imperialist hell bent on middle-east war. That's why I would love for our board leftists to say what they want to see done, that way it will be clear ahead of time whether they approve or disapprove of how he handles this.
I just hope we keep pardoning war criminals like Eddie Gallagher.

Reactions: NinjaKnight

I'm not going to take a position on that case because Gallagher definitely seems like a monster but the whole process was so convoluted that I have no idea what to believe. He's definitely not someone who should be a part of our armed forces regardless, but so many things happened in that case its hard to say what the correct end result should have been.

I'm not going to take a position on that case because Gallagher definitely seems like a monster but the whole process was so convoluted that I have no idea what to believe. He's definitely not someone who should be a part of our armed forces regardless, but so many things happened in that case its hard to say what the correct end result should have been.
We want Gallagher on that wall, we need Gallagher on that wall!!!!

I love how your 2 entries in this thread make it clear that you give no shits that our Embassy was attacked or that we had a contractor killed and troops wounded.

I love how your 2 entries in this thread make it clear that you give no shits that our Embassy was attacked or that we had a contractor killed and troops wounded.

You don't actually give a shit either, the only narrative you are capable of pathetically pushing is how all Democrats are evil.

The only reason you are here is some insane GOP spin.

Reactions: DaShuckster

Eventually a president is gonna have to do it, its a matter of who wants to take the fall. Being in the middle east forever isnt sustainable.

I would love for our board leftists to say what they want to see done, that way it will be clear ahead of time whether they approve or disapprove of how he handles this.
Yeah, those "leftists" are so hard to predict. They could turn around and play this either way, right? At least Conservatives are consistent.

When President Obama followed through on GWB's pledge to draw down in Iraq, Conservatives were spitting nails about it. So everyone knew exactly what to expect when Trump announced he was withdrawing our troops from Syria and -- drum roll -- sending them home.

Oh wait, now that I think of it, those guys applauded Trump's withdrawal that led to the Turks invasion of northern Syria because "we've been at war in the Middle East long enough."

Oh wait, now that I think of it, Trump DIDN'T send our troops home after all. Our 'friend' the Saudi Prince needed somebody to protect his oil fields -- and was willing to pay us for it!!!

Yeah, those "leftists" are so hard to predict. They could turn around and play this either way, right? At least Conservatives are consistent.

When President Obama followed through on GWB's pledge to draw down in Iraq, Conservatives were spitting nails about it. So everyone knew exactly what to expect when Trump announced he was withdrawing our troops from Syria and -- drum roll -- sending them home.

Oh wait, now that I think of it, those guys applauded Trump's withdrawal that led to the Turks invasion of northern Syria because "we've been at war in the Middle East long enough."

Oh wait, now that I think of it, Trump DIDN'T send our troops home after all. Our 'friend' the Saudi Prince needed somebody to protect his oil fields -- and was willing to pay us for it!!!
All of that and you didn’t state your preferred action.

You didnt give anyone a history lesson they didnt already know. Stop dodging and just go on record what you think the right course of action is. We all know the background and there is plenty of blame to go around but it nobody wants to rehash where mistakes were made. Just lay it out: what should we do?

Reactions: UCFWayne
Eventually a president is gonna have to do it, its a matter of who wants to take the fall. Being in the middle east forever isnt sustainable.
This x 1000%. Its going to take a president who actually has enough conviction to change course, public criticism be damned. Not going into whether I wholeheartedly agree with either one, but I actually do think that Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich would have had the balls to go against public perception and make a change. Unfortunately anti-politicians never get elected so it's just going to be business as usual no matter who is it the White House.

You didnt give anyone a history lesson they didnt already know. Stop dodging and just go on record what you think the right course of action is. We all know the background and there is plenty of blame to go around but it nobody wants to rehash where mistakes were made. Just lay it out: what should we do?
Stop dodging???!? Really Crazy?

You people are acting like there is an actual plan for our Middle East involvement. What the hell is it?

You told me it was to finally get our troops home, even if it meant ending our "war on ISIS" and abandoning our Kurdish allies. Once upon a time I supported President Obama bringing most of the troops home from Iraq and was told that our absence led to the growth of ISIS. Given the atrocities that ISIS committed, I reconsidered my position and decided we did need to stay involved.

But weird thing is, the same people who blasted Obama supported Trump for his eleventh-hour withdrawal from Syria, abandoning our ISIS prisoners and our Kurdish allies. Then, on top of all that, the reason we were withdrawing turned out to be Trump bullsh*t. The troops didn't go home.

So you guys tell me what are we still doing there? Is this now a war on Iran? Playing mercenaries for Saudi Arabia? Kickstarting a new war on ISIS? All of the above???!?

Nobody directly involved has a frickin' clue what we're still doing in the region in the first place and you ask me, with what I assume is a straight face, to "quit dodging." Please tell me what the F we're doing there and then I'll give you an answer.

Stop dodging???!? Really Crazy?

You people are acting like there is an actual plan for our Middle East involvement. What the hell is it?

You told me it was to finally get our troops home, even if it meant ending our "war on ISIS" and abandoning our Kurdish allies. Once upon a time I supported President Obama bringing most of the troops home from Iraq and was told that our absence led to the growth of ISIS. Given the atrocities that ISIS committed, I reconsidered my position and decided we did need to stay involved.

But weird thing is, the same people who blasted Obama supported Trump for his eleventh-hour withdrawal from Syria, abandoning our ISIS prisoners and our Kurdish allies. Then, on top of all that, the reason we were withdrawing turned out to be Trump bullsh*t. The troops didn't go home.

So you guys tell me what are we still doing there? Is this now a war on Iran? Playing mercenaries for Saudi Arabia? Kickstarting a new war on ISIS? All of the above???!?

Nobody directly involved has a frickin' clue what we're still doing in the region in the first place and you ask me, with what I assume is a straight face, to "quit dodging." Please tell me what the F we're doing there and then I'll give you an answer.

You just did the same thing. Just answer the question of what you feel the correct course of action is in regards to the middle east. I dont care what you thought 5 years ago or what has possibly changed your opinion, just state what you think we should do.

You just did the same thing. Just answer the question of what you feel the correct course of action is in regards to the middle east. I dont care what you thought 5 years ago or what has possibly changed your opinion, just state what you think we should do.
At this point, just get the hell out of Dodge. If there was a reason for keeping our military in the region, Trump's recent decisions trashed it.

Any comments about fighting that terrorist regime in Iran is just more Trump bullsh*t. We're there to be lap dogs for the Saudis who despise Iran, period.

At this point, just get the hell out of Dodge. If there was a reason for keeping our military in the region, Trump's recent decisions trashed it.

Any comments about fighting that terrorist regime in Iran is just more Trump bullsh*t. We're there to be lap dogs for the Saudis who despise Iran, period.

Ok. So are you on the record saying that we should leave and the best response is no response in regards to these protestors?

Thank God we have a Commander in Chief with the balls to protect our Embassies

Don't put words in my mouth.
There's a question mark there for a reason. I was asking a question that you seemingly are refusing to answer. Nobody has a frigging clue how to put words in your mouth because you keep refusing to take a position other than whatever trump does you dont like. Just cut through the BS and stake a position on this that isn't dependent on what someone else does or says.

ADVERTISEMENT