ADVERTISEMENT

US media immigration imagery since late May ... the greatest fraud ever

UCFBS

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2001
USA
First off, I was against Trump's April 9th change in enforcement. Keeping families together is always cheaper, even if not families -- there is an 'adult' in the room with the child (which quickly exposes if they are related or not). And yes, Flores was an issue, but I thought it was the wrong way to address it. Now that said ...

For the first six (6) weeks, the US media tried to report the stories, and most people didn't care. It didn't sell. So, by late May, the US media changed the narrative ... "cages."

For those of us who have colleagues who are federal agents, such as CBP and ICE, the Trump administration has put the money in to properly detain those who try to cross outside of the ports-of-entry. The Trump administration has actually built open areas out of everything they can acquire, from land to Walmarts. The "cages" are long gone.

As the crossings skyrocketed beyond 50K/month during the Obama administration 2013+, and organized crime was 'gaming' at a rate of 1-5%, the Obama administration had the same issues. And that's where the photos of "cages" came from. But for some reason, the US media decided to commit the greatest fraud ever by misappropriating images not then, but now, during the Trump administration.

Let's go through them ...
  • 2014-2015 Obama-era ICE detention centers, before Obama cut oft the media
  • Misappropriating a CBP 'port-of-entry,' which is little different than a port or airport, as a ICE detention center -- representing chain link fences and rooms as cages
  • Pictures of known, non-government facilities, such as example protester 'cages,' cropped as 'useful' by the US media
This is the supermajority of the pictures in the media. Over the last 2 weeks, I've had 4-5 of my friends unfriend me because they refused to believe the facts, and would rather believe the US media. This is our country. Even worse?

The Time cover is probably the greatest. The photographer and Time originally said it 'represented the state of immigration.' Really? Then tell me ...
  • Was this woman escaping violence?
  • Was she seeking asylum?
  • Was she ever separated from her child?
No, no and ..., oh yeah, nope. Truth?
  • She had a great family life
  • She just wanted a better job
  • She never let go of her child more than 2 minutes
The US media constantly reported otherwise. It's hard to play the "bleeding heart" BS when you make someone a literal "poster child" and it is not actually about escaping violence or political asylum. The "bleeding lie" is really getting old to everyone.

And ... it wasn't until the UK Daily Mail -- yes, the UK media -- that the truth finally came out. The US media resisted ... until the CBP finally released a statement, and it was independent verified by the family, not just via the UK media.

And this is the supermajority of photos about immigration -- all total misappropriation! Even the Associated Press had to yank photos from a June 18th article that had been debunked back on May 29th, and then they finally yanked the article itself a few days later.

It's a total credibility issue at this point. Because Americans blindly believe those photos are Trump's ICE detention centers.

Even if you're anti-Trump, this level of fraud on the American people is really hurting the US media's case. It's a total abuse of the 1st Amendment. For what? Oh, that's right, ratings for advertising dollars.

Here's how I see it ...

The US media now a Professional Troll for Advertising Dollars industry. I staunchly believe in the 1st Amendment, and will defend the US media's right to be total trolls. But right now they are utterly losing a lot of moderates and even true liberals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT