ADVERTISEMENT

Use of N-words: Bill Maher v. John Schnatter (Papa Johns)

UCFBS

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2001
USA
I'm staying completely out of this, and am going passive politically for awhile.

I'm more interested in the charges, comparisons, defenses, excuses and other commentary from different people.

Although I'd appreciate it if people would focus on what each actually said and in what context. That seems to get lost these days, with the 'analysts.'

Begin ...

Context only matters when you want it to. I personally couldnt care less in either example but some people have to have a boogeyman.

Reactions: Knight_Light
We went through this. The opinion from lefties was much like this one - and fried chicken stating "who gives a shit?". With Papa John it was grounds to have every remnant of his work at Papa John's erased and to be thrown from every single position that he holds. Justice had to be served!

With Maher it was "meh, it was offensive but he's a good leftie so who cares?"

Come on. I get what you’re saying, but it’s a little more nuanced than that. I don’t like Bill Maher, but what he did was make a poorly thought out albeit racist joke. Totally inappropriate and he got a suspension, but it was obvious he doesn’t truly harbor those racist beliefs deep down. The same cannot be said about Roseanne. She has a history of this. ABC knew the risk when they hired her. They deserve some blame in this.

Context only matters when you want it to. I personally couldnt care less in either example but some people have to have a boogeyman.
That's why I merely said "I'd appreciate it," but that was just my 'suggestion,' not a requirement. I'm staying out of this. I'm just interested in the discussion ... no matter where it goes.

Ones a comic doing comedy

Ones chairman of a company that employs 10s of thousands of people of all races.

If you can't see the difference in acceptability of racism in their different roles you're not being honest or you're and idiot.

Ones chairman of a company that employs 10s of thousands of people of all races.

If you can't see the difference in acceptability of racism in their different roles you're not being honest or you're and idiot.

As I said. Perfect example. Lefties are cool with racist whities dropping the N bomb so long as they're good little useful lefties

As I said. Perfect example. Lefties are cool with racist whities dropping the N bomb so long as they're good little useful lefties

What about a comedian not even using the N-word?

And what about the context of and fact that the chairman who used it, used it in a phrase to criticize another chairman, to make a point that other business people were far more racist, than him merely supporting the NFL?

Again, I'm looking for discussion, not to push my views on anyone.

The audience is who decides if you get away with it our not, just like with everything in life. Maher's audience gave him a pass, Schnatter's did not.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
The audience is who decides if you get away with it our not, just like with everything in life. Maher's audience gave him a pass, Schnatter's did not.
Who's 'audience' though? And how does that work out for Barr, a comedian who didn't even use the N word?

Maher at times is a POS so wouldnt have mind him getting fired for that....even after he apologized. Right wingers should like him because he sides with the comedians against the college students.

Racism is racism . You are showing what a complete tool you are with this post

It’s ok if you use racial slurs guys , just say you were joking

These same absolute clowns are the people always screaming about white privledge. Yet here they are, defending a white wealthy man using the N word simply because he shares their political views.

How pathetic

Racists are so unaware of what racism is that they think it's a word that makes you a racist.

Bill Maher made a joke containing a common historical phrase of house n**** when asked to come work in the fields in Nebraska. Implying he doesn't like manual labor.

Papa John was basically complaining that people were no longer allowed to call blacks n******. Talked about growing up in Indiana where they would drag blacks by their feet with pickup trucks.

So call it unfair if you want but the word itself doesn't make a statement racist. Should Maher have said that. No.

Should Papa John have said what he said? Absolutely no freaking way in hell.

The mental gymnastics that SJWs will perform to explain their inconsistent and often hypocritical positions is truly fascinating. Their brains have to twist like a pretzel to support one of their own doing the same or worse conduct as a meaney conservative. But oh well .. at least they are tolerant.

The mental gymnastics that SJWs will perform to explain their inconsistent and often hypocritical positions is truly fascinating. Their brains have to twist like a pretzel to support one of their own doing the same or worse conduct as a meaney conservative. But oh well .. at least they are tolerant.

It’s pathetic

Bill Maher made a joke containing a common historical phrase of house n**** when asked to come work in the fields in Nebraska. Implying he doesn't like manual labor.
I'll put this aside for the moment, given this ...

Papa John was basically complaining that people were no longer allowed to call blacks n******. Talked about growing up in Indiana where they would drag blacks by their feet with pickup trucks.
^^^ This is all news to me. It's not that I don't believe you, but do you have a transcript of the call? Or other reference?

I'm being sincere, because I've been trying to find the full transcript, and all I have are select statements. All I knew prior is that Schnatter has been under a lot of scrutiny for supporting the NFL, and even complaining about the ACA when it was first passed -- basically that he was just being 'labeled' as a 'conservative' because he supported the NFL and didn't like some laws under Obama.

So all this is news to me. Has he been making racist statements in general?

EDIT: Again, it does not sound like he was 'complaining' that people 'were no longer allowed' but more like saying he's quite different than the alleged racists of his youth.
If you have anything that refutes this story, and showcases how Schnatter, as you said, was 'complaining' that he wishes he could ... then I'm all ears.

Last edited:
That’s what you came up with ? The best you had was that by is pathetic taking up for 85. It’s like a bot posts for you .

Good to see that people I’ve had on ignore for 4 months are still obsessing over what I say. Lol

I'll put this aside for the moment, given this ...

^^^ This is all news to me. It's not that I don't believe you, but do you have a transcript of the call? Or other reference?

I'm being sincere, because I've been trying to find the full transcript, and all I have are select statements. All I knew prior is that Schnatter has been under a lot of scrutiny for supporting the NFL, and even complaining about the ACA when it was first passed -- basically that he was just being 'labeled' as a 'conservative' because he supported the NFL and didn't like some laws under Obama.

So all this is news to me. Has he been making racist statements in general?
In general he's a drunk and was likely hammered but what I briefly saw on it was that there was a lot more said. Not that he himself personally wanted to do any of this stuff or approved of it.

Yeah I thought I’d fill you in on what you’ve been missing . That covered the last 1000 posts

Funny, same thing can be said for you. 85 tells people to kill themselves: BT - crickets.gif
85 straight up insanely lies multiple times: BT - nothing

It's been a shame to see you throw away your morals to defend disgusting people like 85 and Trump.

In general he's a drunk and was likely hammered but what I briefly saw on it was that there was a lot more said. Not that he himself personally wanted to do any of this stuff or approved of it.
Again, I'm looking for that type of info.

All I have is the Forbes article, which most of the other outlets have quoted.
It suggested a far different set of statements and views. So I'm looking for more of what you're reporting.

We went through this. The opinion from lefties was much like this one - and fried chicken stating "who gives a shit?". With Papa John it was grounds to have every remnant of his work at Papa John's erased and to be thrown from every single position that he holds. Justice had to be served!

With Maher it was "meh, it was offensive but he's a good leftie so who cares?"
Maher isn't going anywhere, for now... He's a BIG Israel-firster and toes the NWO line... He'll survive as long as his ratings do; if they don't, he's gone.

This is a lot like the "little monkey" comment Howard Cosell made in 1983 on national TV, during an ABC Monday night football game between the Washington Redskins and the Dallas Cowboys... He caught flak about it, but ultimately, his manhattan support and liberalism excused him from the faux pas.

It’s ok if you use racial slurs guys , just say you were joking
Amazing that we live in a world where we can't say "house-nger" (or even write it).
Good grief.
When is it going to be called racist to say "white boy" or "white girl" in conversation?

Last edited:
Reminder: FC views white men using the N word as perfectly acceptable, as long as its' done by a liberal and under the guise of "humor"

Maher and the production company are being sued by a former black employee over the use of the word.

Guess she didn't find it funny....only chicken and ninja giggled

Reactions: UCFWayne
Maher and the production company are being sued by a former black employee over the use of the word.

Meh. Our resident blowhard white men said it's ok for another white man to use the N word.

What does this black woman know anyways

What would her damages be for him using that word on his show?

ADVERTISEMENT