ADVERTISEMENT

USF AD - This is funny!!

USF athletics, sorry to say, needs a lot of work. Not necessarily on the playing fields, but everywhere else.

It's funny to read that USF doesn't need to do any better on the field in order to get a better conference invite, but that what they really need is better facilities and perhaps an on-campus stadium. Yet UCF has done of all of that and way more on the field and still is told to show even more to be deserving of an invite. Tells you how far behind USF actually is.

Not sure what this guy says is correct. UCF tried the "who can make UCF relevant and raise money" route with Keith Tribble. He was hired because of his connections with the Big East, the Orange Bowl and big dollar donors. But was a waste he was. USF needs to focus inwardly first. They need a connection with their students and alumni, not Tampa. Tampa could care less unless the Cows are playing a big name like FSU. USF needs to get their house in order first. Once again having the OCS transformed the UCF football program. It created a new connection with the students and alumni.

we can only hope that manshaft is intimately involved in the hiring process. everyone, please pray to the football gods to make it so

I hope that she overrules the selection process and hires someone completely unqualified.

Personally, I like it when USF is stumbling. However, I want them to be a semi decent team if only so it boosts our strength of schedule. However, I would have no problem if we moved to a better conference and left them behind. If we did that, I can see us demanding a 2 for 1 in our favor to keep them on our schedule. We know they accept peanuts as payment if the team is expected to be good.

Personally, I like it when USF is stumbling. However, I want them to be a semi decent team if only so it boosts our strength of schedule. However, I would have no problem if we moved to a better conference and left them behind. If we did that, I can see us demanding a 2 for 1 in our favor to keep them on our schedule. We know they accept peanuts as payment if the team is expected to be good.
I don't even care if they are decent. cows be cows... Agree on conf move, would love B12 to add US and Houston and leave USF where it is.

I’d love to eventually schedule 2 for 1s with them and pay them in peanuts. After last year with being one of the top rivalry games, I would like to keep that cash with us and play in our stadium. They don’t attend or watch their games so it doesn’t affect them. They don’t have the same draw like they did in 2006 when they were ranked #2 for a week. That’s the last time they had over 20k people.

tumblr_mz8gf7414w1qc9ynro5_r1_1280.jpg

He'll right their ship :)

ADVERTISEMENT