ADVERTISEMENT

usf chokes in OT

I know zip about BB, but one of the things that irritates me most about it is the seeming emphasis on show-boating slams, and the simplest, most predictable must-be-able-to-do shot- the FREE throw is the weakest. How any BB player is allowed on the court who can't make 95% of his/her free throws is beyond me. But that comes from an extremely casual BB watcher. Tho, I have to admit, I'd go to every game with the great arena UCF has (compared to the gym of the 80s.) Plus, how awesome is UCF compare to 80s UCF?

I know zip about BB, but one of the things that irritates me most about it is the seeming emphasis on show-boating slams, and the simplest, most predictable must-be-able-to-do shot- the FREE throw is the weakest. How any BB player is allowed on the court who can't make 95% of his/her free throws is beyond me. But that comes from an extremely casual BB watcher. Tho, I have to admit, I'd go to every game with the great arena UCF has (compared to the gym of the 80s.) Plus, how awesome is UCF compare to 80s UCF?
No basketball player in history has made 95% of free throws. So may as well cancel the sport.

what in the world. steph curry is the most accurate free throw shooter in history and his career percentage is 90.48.

Last edited:
Any player who doesn’t make 40-45% just isn’t obsessed with practicing enough. Totally inexcusable. It’s their job. Geez, you’re on scholarship or getting paid (NBA)

IMO, your number should be 60% or 70%. Not 95%. It’s not that easy.

Karl Malone started his career at 48%. He practiced like no other because he knew that he was going to get hacked throughout his career

He got as high as 80% and a career average of 74%, so we know it can be done.

In Tacko’s defense, he stated in his post game interview he’s just now getting his stroke back after his surgery and that he’s been working a lot with the coaches on his free throws.

Reactions: ahabmw
We keep getting the same announcer for our games on ESPN and he keeps saying Tacko should do the granny shot. It’s easier when you are tall.

There is a great podcast on the undershot by Malcom Gladwell. It’s scientifically better. If you shoot under 70%, then you should shoot under handed.

But Tacko shot well last Knight. 5-7 I believe.

There is a great podcast on the undershot by Malcom Gladwell. It’s scientifically better. If you shoot under 70%, then you should shoot under handed.

But Tacko shot well last Knight. 5-7 I believe.
Has anyone noticed his eyes before he shoots? It looks like they are all over the place and not focused on a single target.

Reactions: UCFhonors
ADVERTISEMENT