ADVERTISEMENT

USF inks home and home with Boise

SCKnight

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2001
This wold be a fun matchup. Would love to visit the smurf turf

It would be fun but I can't see this ever happening with our current trajectory. We are a direct competitor to Boise State for the NY6 game. I've never known of Boise State to duck opponents, though. It does seem like they like the visits to FL....probably want to recruit here. Heck, even a couple of players from down here might help them. They play FSU but that is a major pay day and there is no downside for them. USF is very beatable....but who knows what anybody is going to be like in 2025 and 2027.

Reactions: Knight Strength
It would be fun but I can't see this ever happening with our current trajectory. We are a direct competitor to Boise State for the NY6 game. I've never known of Boise State to duck opponents, though. It does seem like they like the visits to FL....probably want to recruit here. Heck, even a couple of players from down here might help them. They play FSU but that is a major pay day and there is no downside for them. USF is very beatable....but who knows what anybody is going to be like in 2025 and 2027.
Good grief, 2025 and 2027 is such
a long ways away. There could be
some conference realignment before
then.

I wouldn’t schedule Boise right now
due to us being on a nice run but
I wouldn’t mind having them on the schedule in 2025 or beyond.

And I’m not for playing then in neutral site build up of top so called best of G5. Don’t want that label when we are clearly a P5 program without the conference.

Reactions: mattropolis
We don’t need to schedule any home and away OOC G5 games. They do nothing for us
We need conference games and 4 P5 games

This year, we have 2.

FAU is close and another Florida School

Florida A & M was only scheduled because we have to fill out our home schedule with a one and done

Ideally, 8 conference games and 4 P5 games.

Boise doesn’t do anything for us.

A win would be nice, but a tough road loss would be devastating

We don’t need to schedule any home and away OOC G5 games. They do nothing for us

This year, we have 2.

Florida A & M was only scheduled because we have to fill out our home schedule with a one and done

I have to disagree with you here chief.

Anytime you can add a home and home with a team of the caliber of BS, you take it....especially with our scheduling problems.

I have to disagree with you here chief.

Anytime you can add a home and home with a team of the caliber of BS, you take it....especially with our scheduling problems.
Nobody cares about Boise nationally. The CFP committee laughs at Boise. If we lose to them on the road, which is very possible (tough place to play), then we go to the Bluecocky Bowl or the Bobs Big Bad Boy Mowers Bowl.

We win, and it’s not as good as beating Stanford and probably not even a Pittsburgh

According to the CFP committee all G5 schools suck except for MAYBE UCF

Doubt many people understand all the difficulties and implications around scheduling for us. I see half witted debates going on in comment sections and on twitter.

I believe DW has a long term plan. If that plan requires us to play an in-state FCS and G4 team every year in order to keep home game revenue up with the forcasted revenues going to projects that will bring us great success, I'm on board with that plan.

It doesn't matter. There is no way any human, besides Dennis Rodman, survives 2023.
The Disney/Amazon/ATT/Google
(DisMaGoo) conglomerate will have us replaced by A.I. designed to consume more efficiently. There will be no souls left to watch this game.

It doesn't matter. There is no way any human, besides Dennis Rodman, survives 2023.
The Disney/Amazon/ATT/Google
(DisMaGoo) conglomerate will have us replaced by A.I. designed to consume more efficiently. There will be no souls left to watch this game.
At least that bazillion year TV deal doesn’t seem so long anymore

Reactions: Happy Hands
A big deal

Boise= not a big deal

Which excites YOU MORE?
I disagree. Boise is like having a BYU on the schedule and considered a quality opponent IMO. They have a winning tradition and they often find their way in the top 25. Having them on the schedule even 10yrs out is a good thing.

I disagree. Boise is like having a BYU on the schedule and considered a quality opponent IMO. They have a winning tradition and they often find their way in the top 25. Having them on the schedule even 10yrs out is a good thing.
If the goal is the a NY6 Bowl game CFP playoffs, then Boise will not do a thing for us.

This is not the Boise of 10 years ago

In the last 4 years, they have had 3 or more losses 4 times and have been unranked 2 times. Highest ranking has been 22.

We need to play better teams. The CFP committee doesn’t think Boise is. They are on be down swing. Oklahoma State spanked them

A loss to them would basically knock us out of NY6 contention.

Anyway, they aren’t on our radar. A P5 invite is, so that would make a game with them even more irrelevant

One FSU or a Virginia Tech is better than a Boise, FCS school and FAU combined in the eyes of the college football world

Danny White probably didn’t even pursue a deal with them

This year, we have 2.

Dont need 4 "P5"s the strength of schedule is a scam to keep UCFs of the world away from the money. Even if we had 4 and beat them all by 30 they would just say the 4 were not any good, that year.

Only way to get in is to have a predetermined criteria and meet it. Right now we have a "P5" committee awarding itself money to pick "P5" teams. They will always find a flaw and move to bar all while enriching themselves.

Dont need 4 "P5"s the strength of schedule is a scam to keep UCFs of the world away from the money. Even if we had 4 and beat them all by 30 they would just say the 4 were not any good, that year.

Only way to get in is to have a predetermined criteria and meet it. Right now we have a "P5" committee awarding itself money to pick "P5" teams. They will always find a flaw and move to bar all while enriching themselves.
I don’t believe in conspiracy theories. The NCAA would lose that lawsuit worth tens of millions of dollars

The “P5 CFP committee” only cares if you beat their schools. Maybe

Fact of the matter is our SOS isn’t good enough in the AAC. You probably need some decent P5 schools and not Boise. We beat them and they are not ranked anyway.

Additionally, the second goal is a NY6 bowl game and Boise doesn’t help you there. The proof of that is that we have made 3 already without scheduling them

What are we if we don’t make a NY6 game?? What are we if we would have beaten LSU???

We lose to Boise and then what?? We are nothing. Where do they help UCF?

Think big. Boise isn’t thinking big.

Last edited:
Does scheduling Boise help us make the playoffs? No

Does scheduling Boise help us make a NY6 Bowl game? No

Is it expensive for fans to travel there?? Extremely

Is it expensive for the UCF football team to travel there? Yes

Does it help us get more home games or schedule a potential 1 and done with a quality P5 school? No

It doesn’t help us anymore than FAU would have if they were to win last year. The only difference is that FAU is fairly local

That so many of you are fixated on the CFI is sad. By now if you have not figured out we are never going to be in the playoff then I don't know what to say. Having Boise on the schedule would be FUN, and I agree it is similar to having BYU on the schedule. Having local cupcakes on the schedule is boring. Our fans need to continue to embrace what it is to be a UCF fan. That is completely disrespected and underrated. We are the obnoxious underdog. Honestly that is one of the best things about being a UCF fan. As Corso put it...we don't give a S#!t. My opinion is stop the analysis of what the P5 thinks about our schedule and just win, and be vocal. Embrace the UCF twitter mafia mentality

Does scheduling Boise help us make the playoffs? No

Does scheduling Boise help us make a NY6 Bowl game? No

Is it expensive for fans to travel there?? Extremely

Is it expensive for the UCF football team to travel there? Yes

Does it help us get more home games or schedule a potential 1 and done with a quality P5 school? No

It doesn’t help us anymore than FAU would have if they were to win last year. The only difference is that FAU is fairly local

Beating Boise keeps Kirkstreit from saying that they are the best G5 team.

Beating Boise keeps Kirkstreit from saying that they are the best G5 team.
Then let’s schedule Fresno, Utah State, Buffalo, Boise State and some other G5 team flavor of the week

Was it Ball State last year until they got crushed?

Whopeeeee!

Last edited:
That so many of you are fixated on the CFI is sad. By now if you have not figured out we are never going to be in the playoff then I don't know what to say. Having Boise on the schedule would be FUN, and I agree it is similar to having BYU on the schedule. Having local cupcakes on the schedule is boring. Our fans need to continue to embrace what it is to be a UCF fan. That is completely disrespected and underrated. We are the obnoxious underdog. Honestly that is one of the best things about being a UCF fan. As Corso put it...we don't give a S#!t. My opinion is stop the analysis of what the P5 thinks about our schedule and just win, and be vocal. Embrace the UCF twitter mafia mentality
Keep thinking small. Can you pay for my airfare?

Sorry all you that fantasizing about Boise.

Not happening

Our AD knows better and is thinking bigger

That’s why he gets paid the big bucks

Kind of like the surprises with Frost and Heupel

Agree Boise is a bad move for us. We do need some strong P6 competition but I also want a couple of cupcakes to warm up our starters, get our young guys some experience, and get everyone some good rest.

Recruiting wise, we are not ready to play OU, Alabama, tOSU, and Clemson in our out of conference schedule.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Keep thinking small. Can you pay for my airfare?

Keep living the fantasy and obsessing over what people "think". Maybe one day the prom queen might agree to go out with you. Boise is a quality opponent and to down play a series with them is just pure hubris. With an attitude like that you will be sitting out a bunch of dances.

If you can't afford the flight, sorry. There would be more than enough UCF people who think that making the trip would be interesting enough.

Sorry all you that fantasizing about Boise.

Not happening

Our AD knows better and is thinking bigger

That’s why he gets paid the big bucks

Kind of like the surprises with Frost and Heupel

Nobody is fantasizing about Boise, but to say it would not be an improvement over most of our current OOC games is just BS. A series with them would be of national interest and it sure beats FAMU, Maine and Austin Peay.

I just have a weird feeling that Boise will come to Tampa and beat the breaks off of USF, and it will make us look bad too.

Reactions: ahabmw
Boise would be fun but wouldn’t benefit us. Honestly I’d rather beat Iowa or arkansas than Boise or any other good g5 honesty. We should just keep camping bottom tier p5 schools

Sure and I would like a date with Kate Upton, but at the moment that is not in the cards. I don't understand the idea that a match up with Boise does not help us? It would be a good match up and of national interest.

The bottom tier P5 is not getting us into the CFI. Nothing is so why not have fun

Reactions: KnightLife1
Well this just backs up the scheduling argument that all the major football programs have, why should anyone schedule a 1-1 with UCF, no benefit.

It may be a shock, but G5 opponents will always be on the schedule. Might as well play one of the best G5 programs that would get some national attention.

USF obviously has a different strategy than we do. However our two schools are in two very different places.
As others have said, playing Boise State has no up side. They only have 80K alumni, so outside casual fans the draw isn't there. I would definitely rather have a middle to lower tier P5 school that will bring the eyeballs and revenue with them.

We're stuck in scheduling purgatory until we change conferences or some other seismic shift in the CFB landscape.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Still waiting on the big announcement w/Duke, FSU, Wake, Virginia or VT. I may run to Tijuana Flats today and see what then official date will be.

While we're dreaming, USF is out executing and getting OOC games inked in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT