• Leavitt

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 16 35.6%

• Total voters

U C to the F

Silver Knight
Feb 15, 2021
Alright, supposedly chatter of a new HC on Monday. Lots of HC openings, more to come. Who you all think?

I feel like they may have missed their opportunity to lock in a solid available coach. All these jobs opening up, gotta think they keep getting lower and lower on the desirability factor.

The Statue comes out of retirement to lead USF on a 10 year ride to C-USA 2 champions.

I think Tulane would be smart to hire Herman, knows local recruiting and the conference.

rumor is Chadwell has a Cow offer but may be waiting to see if Georgia Tech(interviewed) or West Virginia offer. West Virginia hasn’t fired their coach yet but they may hire the Coastal Carolina AD.

Has anyone been following their thread over in the pen today? Oh my god, good stuff, so is Twitter. All these people having “sources” to Deion and how it’s basically a done deal. Then it almost seems like it’s possible he was purposefully leaking it all and totally was using them, never intending to go there lol 😂. Of course, what is the truth, who knows, but if that all ain’t usf man…

Has anyone been following their thread over in the pen today? Oh my god, good stuff, so is Twitter. All these people having “sources” to Deion and how it’s basically a done deal. Then it almost seems like it’s possible he was purposefully leaking it all and totally was using them, never intending to go there lol 😂. Of course, what is the truth, who knows, but if that all ain’t usf man…
They apparently think they are still hiring Deion at $5 million per year w an assistant coaching pool that is more than every other Power 5 School in this State

Reactions: Knight Strength
My guess would be the Coastal Carolina coach. His pay would be in the same ball park and would receive a bump in pay from his current gig - maybe not much.

I did find it interesting that USF has to pay 2 coaches at all times which was why they extended Scott's contract and then fired him 4 weeks later. I think that is their curse - they have to have 2 coaches on payroll at all times.

• Haha
Reactions: Central Floridave
Where is all this money coming from though lol? They gonna pay a top 25 salary, with a few thousand ppl attending games where they only get a cut? They cray bruh…
Maybe Elon Musk is secretly a bulls donor? 🤷‍♂️ Seriously though their football coaches budget would be > the entire AAC TV contract.

if we were still in the AAC i would be concerned.
Did you come across something to make to you think it’s happening?

Nope, just a gut feeling. No source or anything behind it.

Although they aren't in our conference, they are in our recruiting neighborhood. With UCF's selling pitch being based around us being "swaggy" and the "cool brand", we are now putting Malzahn up against Deion Sanders trying to be cool.

Let me ask you this, if it was super simplified and you got to choose from scratch, would you rather have Malzahn or Prime as our HC?

Although they aren't in our conference, they are in our recruiting neighborhood. With UCF's selling pitch being based around us being "swaggy" and the "cool brand", we are now putting Malzahn up against Deion Sanders trying to be cool.

Let me ask you this, if it was super simplified and you got to choose from scratch, would you rather have Malzahn or Prime as our HC?
Malzahn and I have been critical. Prime has proved nothing yet at the D1 level and has zero experience coaching big time college football

Reactions: Knight59

prime because what i like most about gus is his focus on recruiting and prime would do it better. i also love that prime is all in on the CEO head coach (how it use to be). gus' insistence on running the offense drives me crazy.

Reactions: beelit47
Prime is in bad shape health wise. He can barely walk and sits in a golf cart for practices. He can recruit but his immobility makes him look like hes 70 years old. If not older. Gus will be at UCF longer than Prime will be at next stop.

Deion hasn’t coached big time Football
I don't think he looks to actually coach, just recruit, and surround himself with good assistants/coordinators that actually should be driving the play for both sides of the ball.

He wants to be the face of a program, which is not a bad thing if you hire the right staff.

Regardless, if he pans out or not. He will disrupt the recruiting environment for a few years which actually would be more impactful to UCF then if USF hired a great gameday coach that can make the most of diamonds in the rough.

I’m remember the same fear mongering when they hired Jeff Scott. I am not saying Deion wouldn’t recruit well but some of our fans really let their off season attention seeking campaign every few years get to them

they played us close(which I predicted bc our players never match the hate energy) but our Programs are light years apart right now. They are about to have conference home games vs Charlotte

I’m remember the same fear mongering when they hired Jeff Scott. I am not saying Deion wouldn’t recruit well but some of our fans really let their off season attention seeking campaign every few years get to them

they played us close(which I predicted bc our players never match the hate energy) but our Programs are light years apart right now. They are about to have conference home games vs Charlotte
How they play is completely irrelevant because of different conferences. But having more good recruiters locally does impact UCF and their ability to succeed. UF, FSU, Miami would be happy to have GOL back at UCF spending his recruiting days in NY and having little to none relationships with Florida High Schools.

ADVERTISEMENT