ADVERTISEMENT

USPS

Crazyhole

Todd's Tiki Bar
Jun 4, 2004
I have a high school friend who works for the post office and he is constantly bringing up how terrible it is that the government is trying to destroy the USPS. He is a Bernie supporter.

So tonight he posted on Facebook yet another article about how the trump administration is trying to destroy the USPS. Personally, I do think that the USPS should be preserved and that the government really put the screws to them back in the early 2000s, requiring all retirement packages be funded 60 years in advance. That being said, doesn't this illustrate how dysfunctional the government is when they get involved? And if not, and the USPS financial difficulties are based on the free market choosing a better service then shouldn't that be a really good indicator that the market still works?

To that end, why would anyone be mad about how the government screwed up the USPS and then still want the government to administer healthcare?

I have a high school friend who works for the post office and he is constantly bringing up how terrible it is that the government is trying to destroy the USPS. He is a Bernie supporter.

So tonight he posted on Facebook yet another article about how the trump administration is trying to destroy the USPS. Personally, I do think that the USPS should be preserved and that the government really put the screws to them back in the early 2000s, requiring all retirement packages be funded 60 years in advance. That being said, doesn't this illustrate how dysfunctional the government is when they get involved? And if not, and the USPS financial difficulties are based on the free market choosing a better service then shouldn't that be a really good indicator that the market still works?

To that end, why would anyone be mad about how the government screwed up the USPS and then still want the government to administer healthcare?
The other day i was riding a big high, the braves had pulled ahead by 6 games on the phillies and i had just been promoted. I thought to myself “i need something to bring me down a bit” so i went to USPS to ship something and quickly checked myself with inept government employees. I can only hope these guys could fix healthcare someday

Reactions: UCFWayne
USPS should stop delivering to individual houses. Deliver to boxes every mile or so. No more delivery to rural homes. You need to go to the Post office.

Please explain why the US Government needs to be in the package delivery business.

ADVERTISEMENT