ADVERTISEMENT

Vanderbilt Football Is Home In The SEC, Stop The Swapping Talk

If I was a Vandy football fan I would 100% want to get out of the SEC. They will never be successful there.

The money in the SEC is great but I wouldn't want to trade our success for Vandys.

Not sure where, but I think I saw a "Sturday Down South" article saying Vandy and UCF should swap conferences. I guess this is in response to that article and others like it. Thanks for sharing this.

Reactions: UCFootball14
I know Tulane and GT were founding members as well. Why did they leave?
not sure, but their commitment to Vandy seems to have stood the test of time. Also Tulane(maybe) and GT do not have the academic prestige of Vanderbilt which is a school some refer to as the 'Harvard of the South'. A conference like the SEC that isn't seen as academically inclined has reason to keep a school like Vandy around.

If I was a Vandy football fan I would 100% want to get out of the SEC. They will never be successful there.

The money in the SEC is great but I wouldn't want to trade our success for Vandys.

Not sure where, but I think I saw a "Sturday Down South" article saying Vandy and UCF should swap conferences. I guess this is in response to that article and others like it. Thanks for sharing this.
I think Vandy is actually a perfect fit for the ACC, not the AAC. They fit right in with Duke, UNC, etc. both in terms of academic and athletic profiles.

For UCF, I think our best fits are Big 12 and SEC, for largely the same reasons.

Vandy Baseball is national champ contender annually legit. They just need that Whistler guy to show up for football games to annoy their opponents into surrender on the gridiron.

not sure, but their commitment to Vandy seems to have stood the test of time. Also Tulane(maybe) and GT do not have the academic prestige of Vanderbilt which is a school some refer to as the 'Harvard of the South'. A conference like the SEC that isn't seen as academically inclined has reason to keep a school like Vandy around.
Look, Vanderbilt is like that one smart guy on the team that doesn’t play. He’s a good teammate, has a successful future in business, and helps bring up the GPA average of the team.

UCF is a better fit for the ACC or the Big 12. The SEC is a bunch of Deep South country schools that don’t fit with UCF, in my opinion. I would much rather play UNC, Duke etc. in all sports that Mississippi State, Alabama, etc.

UCF is a better fit for the ACC or the Big 12. The SEC is a bunch of Deep South country schools that don’t fit with UCF, in my opinion. I would much rather play UNC, Duke etc. in all sports that Mississippi State, Alabama, etc.
I don't know if our MBB program fits as well in the ACC. I think we could be competitive in MBB in the SEC with some more money, but we would likely be an ACC bottom feeder in MBB.

I agree the ACC has way better locations. The Big 12 is just as bumpkin as the SEC IMO, it's just mostly Texas bumpkin. Big 12 would be the best football fit for our style though.

Reactions: MckenzieMilton10
I don't know if our MBB program fits as well in the ACC. I think we could be competitive in MBB in the SEC with some more money, but we would likely be an ACC bottom feeder in MBB.

I agree the ACC has way better locations. The Big 12 is just as bumpkin as the SEC IMO, it's just mostly Texas bumpkin. Big 12 would be the best football fit for our style though.
If we went ACC our basketball recruiting would get a lot better.

Don’t have to win it to get in tourney. They get 6-9 teams in every year.

Doesn't mean they finish in those positions. Florida is not a basketball state, so you are not getting that quick boost like football. Unless they finish in the top 3rd consistently in AAC, there is no reason to believe going to ACC means they will suddenly be a tournament team playing a significantly more difficult schedule.

N
Doesn't mean they finish in those positions. Florida is not a basketball state, so you are not getting that quick boost like football. Unless they finish in the top 3rd consistently in AAC, there is no reason to believe going to ACC means they will suddenly be a tournament team playing a significantly more difficult schedule.
i didn’t say year 1. But even with our AAC recruiting we were an inch away from beating Duke in tourney. FSU and Miami have had good teams and Obviously so has UF. FGCU had a good team one year as well. There’s been quite a few NBA layers from Florida.

They are an original member school with ties that go beyond a winning record. Anyone that thinks they're going anywhere is smoking the finest weed

SEC Schools continue to be ticked off at Vandy for not investing their ANNUAL $45 Million plus Conf TV $$$ back into their football program.

As one former UCF Coach correctly noted...dozens of so called P5 programs like Vandy are just "cash checkers"...i.e. they never bring in football revenue for the conf.

Here's a past article to what many in the SEC continue to complain about Vandy just "cashing checks" and doing nothing with it for their football program.

NOTE: Vandy is already on their 3 Athletic Director sinceJan 2019.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sp...-david-williams-derek-mason-zeppos/886752002/

Reactions: Endeavor.
ADVERTISEMENT