ADVERTISEMENT

Vedral transferring

It’s also a dumb move though too. He’s one injury away from playing on a team that looks headed to another January bowl. My guess he is going to Nebraska where they aren’t going to compete for anything meaningful until after he’s gone, IF he even wins the job there.

Reactions: GoKnights2003
I never saw Vedral as a starting QB anyways. Maybe he's a Frost prodigy on the coaching end.

Reactions: Mikesi
IF he even wins the job there.
This. If he wins the job there which he probably won’t, it means that Nebraska’s more talented QB recruits have failed and they aren’t or won’t be winning big games. He should go to a weaker FBS school or FCS.
I team like FIU for example would be good for him if he likes Florida

It’s also a dumb move though too. He’s one injury away from playing on a team that looks headed to another January bowl. My guess he is going to Nebraska where they aren’t going to compete for anything meaningful until after he’s gone, IF he even wins the job there.

Certainly possible but he'll be in the same position at Nebraska (a back up) - behind Adrian Martinez.

Didn't get a chance to watch him in practice but he must have been watching his competition and decided he didn't like his chances. I wish him the best and hope he picks a lower level program that will allow him to play/start immediately. Great kid, great fieldsmanship (as GOL would say), arm strength a little lower than what you would want for your starter. Besides competing against #10 and #8, you know Heupel going to recruit his QB either this year or next which will lock Vedral out of starting position.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Maybe not. Frost wanted to redshirt Milton. He went with Holman at first. Vedral is one of HIS guys, so I’d bet he has a very good chance of starting there..at least initially.

I see him possibly starting next year. It depends on how quickly Martinez learns Frost's system, and if I remember he enrolled in Jan. I think this is a good move for Vedral. I wish him well. :sunglasses: Just as I thought about this statement he has to sit out a year, so maybe not.

He average to good at best. We need more than that as we are UCF. Haha. We have Milton for 2 years then let’s see what Mack can do for 1-2 more
Don't get me wrong, I like Milton but I don't think Mack is going to settle for number 2 at QB. He's going to push for starting position these next 2 seasons. Vedral couldn't beat out Milton for starting position.

Reactions: Mikesi
Most people expected Vedral to follow Scott Frost and his staff to Nebraska, but multiple sources tell Knights247 that UCF has blocked a transfer to any American Athletic Conference school and Nebraska. Vedral, however, can walk-on to any school, including Nebraska.

I see him possibly starting next year. It depends on how quickly Martinez learns Frost's system, and if I remember he enrolled in Jan. I think this is a good move for Vedral. I wish him well. :sunglasses: Just as I thought about this statement he has to sit out a year, so maybe not.

That’s right. Yeah, Nebraska would be a dumb move. Martinez is starting in year 2 no matter what.

Love having an additional scholarship to work with. No hurt feelings losing him for sure, didn't show anything.....and Frost was to blame. Even if you're ahead you have to let a backup throw the damn ball.

this is where Frost being so private about practice reports sucks

I'm curious how Mack looked in practices and if the redshirt was looking long term or was Vedral that much better than him

Frees up a spot to get Heup's hand picked signal calling successor on the roster and getting reps behind Milton and Mack.

Was wondering why people were saying he’d start a year then have Martinez take over. Vedral has to sit. He’s not starting anywhere except FCS next year. But he can signal plays in for Nebraska for four more years.

Reactions: JAFFX2
Mack is not beating out Milton. No way.
How can we know this? It's like the CFP determination of the 4 playoff teams :)

Milton has a lot going for him but Mack appears to be a stud. Not complaining if Milton remains the starter but who knows; this will be a healthy competition and good for our team and both QBs. Everybody has been putting SF down for red-shirting people but I'm thankful he red-shirted Mack. I'm sure he liked what he saw in Mack.

Reactions: 90Knight
this is where a non guaranteed Football decision/gamble overrides just being a college student, heard Vedral really enjoys UCF and was seen around the social scene a lot more than Milton.
Just 2 days ago
DS-5LNCWsAAOb2e.jpg

Mack is in a position where he may have to consider transferring too.
That would be stupid. A lot of good programs have QBs wait or year or 2 before starting, see Clemson.

Also take into account that Milton is still 180 pounds at best and his durability can be a concern. I'm glad he got through all 13 games but all it takes is 1 bad hit for Mack to be in meaningful snaps.

Last edited:
Reactions: UCFhonors
Why? He's 2 years behind Milton and once he learns the offense will have 2 years to start.

That would be stupid. A lot of good programs have QBs wait or year or 2 before starting, see Clemson.

Also take into account that Milton is still 180 pounds at best and his durability can be a concern. I'm glad he got through all 13 games but all it takes is 1 bad hit for Mack to be in meaningful snaps.

Milton may have the benefit of being the key guy in leading UCF to a 13-0 record with leverage in the transition but Mack doesn't. Sure Mack will see time by hook or by crook, but Heup is going to recruits QBs too. The kind of QB Heup wants versus what Mack si maybe enough for him to seek a transfer next year.

Based on the film I saw I don't see him as a contributor to at Nebraska. Martinez looks electric plus they redshirted Gebbia who looked really good and is athletic, just needed to add on some lbs.

It hurts depth but long term might be better

There is absolutely no way that Miton isn’t going to be our starter for 2 years unless he’s injured or completely craps the bed. The guy was stellar this year. #2 in the nation and owns almost every UCF single season passing record. Additionally, he’s the returning leader of the National Champions.

Reactions: JAFFX2
How can we know this? It's like the CFP determination of the 4 playoff teams :)

Milton has a lot going for him but Mack appears to be a stud. Not complaining if Milton remains the starter but who knows; this will be a healthy competition and good for our team and both QBs. Everybody has been putting SF down for red-shirting people but I'm thankful he red-shirted Mack. I'm sure he liked what he saw in Mack.

How can we know this? Uh, one just went 13-0 and was 8th in Heisman voting. The other’s last game was in high school. Mack doesn’t have any appearance at this point. He hasn’t played in a single college game and we haven’t heard anything about his practice performance other than he wasn’t named the back-up.

Good luck at Nebraska

But he also needs to sit out a year. Will he still have a leg up a year from now?
oops brain fart by me..yeah now that I think of it this might be a wasted move if he never wins a starting job but he grew up there so maybe he doesn't care

UCF has blocked his transfer as a scholar-athlete to Nebraska, he would have to walk on.
That means he has to sit out a year, correct?
Can he transfer and play right away not on scholarship? That wouldn’t be a good move.

ADVERTISEMENT