ADVERTISEMENT

Wal Mart paying people more, extending benefits thanks to Tax Law

i loved all those people freaking out about it. i promptly showed them how to give more of their money back to the government. they said they wouldnt do it because their small portion wouldnt make a difference.

nothing like standing by your convictions.

i loved all those people freaking out about it. i promptly showed them how to give more of their money back to the government. they said they wouldnt do it because their small portion wouldnt make a difference.

nothing like standing by your convictions.

The narrative on this entire law has been controlled by the media and the Democrats. They've done everything possible to convince people that keeping more of the money they earn is a truly terrible thing.

The ultimate irony is that the ultra high tax blue states are now whining, because their ultra rich citizens are getting a small hit due to the cap on State deductions. I guess the desire to tax wealthy people more is their priority, up until their own wealthy piggy banks in their own states are the ones getting hit.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Nothing has changed since then. These are the layoffs that we're already going to happen.

Obama was shipping jobs offshore faster than he raised the debt. It's going to take time to turn it around. Trump isn't going to save every job.

Reactions: UCFKnightfan08
Nothing has changed since then. These are the layoffs that we're already going to happen.

Obama was shipping jobs offshore faster than he raised the debt. It's going to take time to turn it around. Trump isn't going to save every job.
So Carrier got a tax incentive and is still laying people off. Sounds like a good deal and rather familiar.

These are businesses not charities. Maybe one day you'll know the difference.
I'm wondering what percentage would be considered a reasonable profit for any business. 1% sounds more than fair. It should be legislated.

You two dopes didnt learn anything in history class, did you?

The sole purpose of a business is to make the shareholders money.
No, Bob. Their purpose is not to create a nation of servants at the behest of their shareholders. Learn from history, Bob. We've been down this road already.

No, Bob. Their purpose is not to create a nation of servants at the behest of their shareholders. Learn from history, Bob. We've been down this road already.

Yes it is. People take risks starting businesses or investing in them to make money, not provide jobs. You're right though, we have been down this road and it worked pretty damn well. Entrepreneurship, businesses and innovation built this country into the greatest and richest in the world.

Reactions: fabknight
Yes it is. People take risks starting businesses or investing in them to make money, not provide jobs. You're right though, we have been down this road and it worked pretty damn well. Entrepreneurship, businesses and innovation built this country into the greatest and richest in the world.

We have the largest economy in the history of mankind.

Capitalism is a total failure .

3rd world shitholes with no jobs are way better.

Reactions: UCFWayne
I guess the humanitarian thing would be for Wal Mart to release these poor souls working there and go to all automated systems.

Cashiers are gone; replaced by self checkouts
Fitting rooms are automated
Shelves are stocked by robots

These people will be so liberated when told they don’t have a job!

This thread started to talk up Wal-Mart's wage increases from tax cut savings and were not allowed to bring up the fact that they used tax cut savings to buy back stock while laying off employees and cutting stores?

You were trying to justify the government taking in less revenue because of how much it would benefit the American worker but if you point out that it only primarially has benefited the ownership of Wal-Mart you reply "Wal-Mart is not a charity" well the American government is not a charity. We have exploded the national deficit under this tax plan. We've essentially borrowed so Wal-Mart can buy back stock.

This doesn't help you or me or republicans or democrats. It specifically helps Wal-Mart ownership and proves you'll suck trumps droopy orange nutsack as he ****s you from behind.

The bad thing is the Govt collected record taxes in Jan. while actually running a surplus.
I'm wondering what percentage would be considered a reasonable profit for any business. 1% sounds more than fair. It should be legislated.
I can see you have run a few small businesses in your lifetime. I am a one man business, for me to make 30k per year, $15 per hour which many want as minimum wage, at % profit I need to spray 3 mil per year worth of lawns. If I worked 6 days a week, 8 hours a day on route, no breakdowns, no getting sick, no bad weather, accidents, traffic hang ups, I would have the 7th day to do maintence on equipment, paperwork, take required yearly classes ect, At best, I could do 320k per year in revenue. which by your math means i get to work 7 days per week, 8 plus hours per day, 52 weeks per year for a net profit of $3200.

I'm glad my point was once again made in this thread. The first 4 posts are just 85 and Bob being sarcastic pricks and circle jerking each other.

This thread started to talk up Wal-Mart's wage increases from tax cut savings and were not allowed to bring up the fact that they used tax cut savings to buy back stock while laying off employees and cutting stores?

You were trying to justify the government taking in less revenue because of how much it would benefit the American worker but if you point out that it only primarially has benefited the ownership of Wal-Mart you reply "Wal-Mart is not a charity" well the American government is not a charity. We have exploded the national deficit under this tax plan. We've essentially borrowed so Wal-Mart can buy back stock.

This doesn't help you or me or republicans or democrats. It specifically helps Wal-Mart ownership and proves you'll suck trumps droopy orange nutsack as he ****s you from behind.

It is benefiting Wal Mart workers. They are hiring more, giving bonuses and raises, and investing in their business. Whether or not this level of investment meets whatever arbitrary "threshold" you have in your head, which is surely completely skewed, is irrelevant.

They're buying back stock. Who cares?? Do you know who benefits from that? People holding Wal Mart stock. Do you know who owns Wal Mart stock? Millions upon millions of people in this country, many of whom are middle class and have it in their 410K. Do you think they're against Wal Mart buying back stock to generate wealth in their stock positions?

Your last point, as of today, is a total lie. The deficit is NOT exploding because of this tax plan; in fact the government just ran a monthly surplus despite most all withholding tables being adjusted already. You are once again using projections that fit your narrative instead of using facts.

Your last sentence is.......well, tells us all we need to know about you. You're a hyper partisan that suffers from Trump Hatred Disorder. Sad!

The bad thing is the Govt collected record taxes in Jan. while actually running a surplus.

I can see you have run a few small businesses in your lifetime. I am a one man business, for me to make 30k per year, $15 per hour which many want as minimum wage, at % profit I need to spray 3 mil per year worth of lawns. If I worked 6 days a week, 8 hours a day on route, no breakdowns, no getting sick, no bad weather, accidents, traffic hang ups, I would have the 7th day to do maintence on equipment, paperwork, take required yearly classes ect, At best, I could do 320k per year in revenue. which by your math means i get to work 7 days per week, 8 plus hours per day, 52 weeks per year for a net profit of $3200.

Yes, I ran a small business (5-10 employees) while I was going to school. I was being very sarcastic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT