ADVERTISEMENT

War Zone Update

Well, if you really want to see something change then you'd be well advised to not use this situation in your rallying cry, because it immediately undermines the legitimacy of your argument. The guy in Minneapolis sitting in his car posing no threat to the cop who shot him would be a much better example of the problem. This guy was a thug, an idiot, or both and 98% of the population isn't going to get too upset with him being shot by police.
Actually, the guy was mentally ill, and he was still unarmed. While this situation is definitely a much more difficult situation for police to encounter, they are trained (poorly) and paid (poorly) to handle these types of situations. I stick by my comment: using a firearm to kill another human being should be an absolute last resort. There are no excuses for shooting and killing an unarmed person.

Actually, the guy was mentally ill, and he was still unarmed. While this situation is definitely a much more difficult situation for police to encounter, they are trained (poorly) and paid (poorly) to handle these types of situations. I stick by my comment: using a firearm to kill another human being should be an absolute last resort. There are no excuses for shooting and killing an unarmed person.

I won't argue that point, but if the guy is mentally ill then it would seem that the failure lies at the feet of the mental health care system then the police. I'm not speaking for you, but the insinuation that people come to when these types of situation are used for political fodder is that the expectation of police is to ignore what appears to be an imminent threat until it becomes a kinetic threat. That's unreasonable by all measures. It's am attempt to skew the line between aggression (unacceptable) and assertive (reasonable).

Did you know he was a Libertarian?

As a former Libertarian myself, he is following the Rules of Libertarianism perfectly.
Rule #1: Always tell people you're a Libertarian. (it is kinda the same as being Vegan)

I had no idea he was a libertarian, how did you figure that out?

Well, if you really want to see something change then you'd be well advised to not use this situation in your rallying cry, because it immediately undermines the legitimacy of your argument. The guy in Minneapolis sitting in his car posing no threat to the cop who shot him would be a much better example of the problem. This guy was a thug, an idiot, or both and 98% of the population isn't going to get too upset with him being shot by police.
As the USSCA nailed quite well and perfectly, and the NRA should take lessons from in how to respond regarding.

Did you know he was a Libertarian?
As a former Libertarian myself, he is following the Rules of Libertarianism perfectly.
Rule #1: Always tell people you're a Libertarian. (it is kinda the same as being Vegan)
Yes, but if you keep saying -- from ignorance -- a Vegan is wrong and won't get enough protein, then don't expect the Vegan to put up with you either. Same concept, if you keep spewing total BS like "rapid fire" about rifles, then don't be surprised when the Libertarian calls you out for being ignorant as well.

Gas system rifles are no more 'rapid fire' than blowback pistols, and usually slower when unrestricted -- no different when semi-auto, regardless. Anyone who says otherwise looks stupid to anyone who has a modicum of firearm knowledge. The problem is, most of the US is now full retard on firearm knowledge.

Actually, the guy was mentally ill, and he was still unarmed.
Unarmed ... yet took a 2-handed stance at police, imitating he had a gun and was aiming. He also took 1-handed stances and made non-locals shiver and run. Huge difference from being "just unarmed."

The locals are just as responsible from police from not keeping him from doing this before they arrived.

I won't argue that point, but if the guy is mentally ill then it would seem that the failure lies at the feet of the mental health care system then the police. I'm not speaking for you, but the insinuation that people come to when these types of situation are used for political fodder is that the expectation of police is to ignore what appears to be an imminent threat until it becomes a kinetic threat. That's unreasonable by all measures. It's am attempt to skew the line between aggression (unacceptable) and assertive (reasonable).
It is doubtful that the responding officers knew that the man was mentally ill but would that really change anything. Mentally ill people are just as, if not more, dangerous than sane people. You cannot judge unless you put yourself in any one of those officers’ shoes. They arrive on the scene of a person pointing an object that looks like a gun at people threateningly. You have to respond as if it is a gun. You show up and see the person with something that looks like a gun. You lawfully order him to drop the weapon and show hands or something similar. The man, who has been threatening people, ignores multiple lawful commands issued at gunpoint and turns and points what looks like a gun at you.

What the hell are you going to do? Are you going to hope it’s not a gun? What would your wife and kids prefer that you do?

Reactions: UCFWayne
It is doubtful that the responding officers knew that the man was mentally ill but would that really change anything. Mentally ill people are just as, if not more, dangerous than sane people. You cannot judge unless you put yourself in any one of those officers’ shoes. They arrive on the scene of a person pointing an object that looks like a gun at people threateningly. You have to respond as if it is a gun. You show up and see the person with something that looks like a gun. You lawfully order him to drop the weapon and show hands or something similar. The man, who has been threatening people, ignores multiple lawful commands issued at gunpoint and turns and points what looks like a gun at you.

What the hell are you going to do? Are you going to hope it’s not a gun? What would your wife and kids prefer that you do?

Exactly.

It is doubtful that the responding officers knew that the man was mentally ill but would that really change anything. Mentally ill people are just as, if not more, dangerous than sane people. You cannot judge unless you put yourself in any one of those officers’ shoes.
Again, I blame the locals as much as the police. Based on how non-locals were reacting, they should have put a stop to it before police arrived. Because the non-locals were calling the police.

Dude pointed a pipe at police in a manner that simulated a shooting attack. Doesn’t matter what race he was, he was going to get shot. Also, blunt objects kill people every day, so it is a straight up lie to say that he was unarmed.
He dindu nothing.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...-chicago-weekend-violence-20180409-story.html

from this past weekend: 2 dead 23 wounded

trump should be sending the national guard to chicago

#blacklivesmatter [roll][roll]

Who taught these thugs to shoot? I guess that kind of miss ratio comes from holding the gun sideways.

and they though Chicago was dangerous duirng Prohibition..
tongue.gif

So after the "racist" hockey team, the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup, how much murder and mayhem did whitey cause during the teams parade through Chicago..?

More killings and shooting than Israel/Palestine where there's a war going on. Congratulations Rahm Emanuel, you have a wonderful city.

Reactions: UCFBS
It was only a matter of time before the cartels started turning vacation spots into bloodbaths. If they want to hit the government where it hurts, deterring tourism with violence is arguably the best way. It generates so much revenue for Mexico.
^ This - I don't think people realize how much the various conglomerates exact their power on both sides of the border.

I first went to Cancun 20 plus years ago. It was sooooo separate from the mainland yet even off the beach, that area was still somewhat "charming". (Beach was sooooo nice and all the bars/restaurants we're a hoot).

Cancun is such a revenue generator but if that tourism spicket slows down to a trickle, that would cripple thstregion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT