ADVERTISEMENT

Was it just me or did Gameday suck?

I think everyone mentions true points above of the whole Gameday program. There were positives and then also some not too flattering aspects.

The biggest letdown for me was not showing the overall beauty of the campus in any quality "flyover" type footage. The best I feel was the positive energy of the fans.

To stir in all in together and give it a grade, I would say that for the UCF brand overall, it wasnt perfect, but it was great!

Prior to it starting, the overhead plane did a really cool take of the campus, starting with the crowd and then panning out to show the entire campus and then turning to downtown Orlando. I was hoping they'd do something similar during the show.

I will say this, ESPN is gonna come back to UCF for another Gameday the next chance they get. That was the most electric crowd with the most drama they’ve had at a Gameday in a long time.
UCF might get Amazon's version of GameDay after the AAC's contract with ESPN expires. Amazon is currently bidding for Fox Sports regional networks for more sports content. Maybe a bidding war between ESPN and Amazon is just what the AAC needs. I think 20M per team is a good starting point.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/20/ama...tworks-including-yes-network-sources-say.html

Last edited:
Reactions: PowerEye101
UCF might get Amazon's version of GameDay after the AAC's contract with ESPN expires. Amazon is currently bidding for Fox Sports regional networks for more sports content. Maybe a bidding war between ESPN and Amazon is just what the AAC needs. I think 20M per team is a good starting point.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/20/ama...tworks-including-yes-network-sources-say.html
That would be cool. Definitely think we need to invest in the AAC as long as were in it. Having one foot out the door makes us look like a bad investment to any media company or conference who's looking to spend more or expand.

Reactions: PowerEye101
I don't think the flyover, fan cam and aerial shots were any different than any other College Gameday so your expectations may not have been realistic.....
They have to be different than from other College Gamedays, because every campus is different. Some are beautiful and scenic and some are not so pleasing to the eye. As someone who has visited dozens of campuses, I would say that UCF has one of the more attractive campuses in the nation.

In terms of whether what has been done for other Gameday shows, the fact that something is unprecedented does not make it unrealistic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT