ADVERTISEMENT

Watch CFP committee put us at #5

No way. That would set the precedent that they would have to rank us even higher when we have a better year. Their ego and greed will not allow a G5 team to be higher than 10.

Their ego and greed will not allow a G5 team to be higher than 10.

Not greed or ego, but just plain common sense. Running the table in the AAC does not demonstrate that Central Florida can run with big dogs in the P5. Especially, the lack of any defense.

No, that would be a middle finger to other 5 teams that should be ahead of Central Florida.

AAC Champion<<< Power 5 conference championship losers.

AAC Champion ranks no higher than #10, especially with those crappy defenses.
Yes, our defense should look at Ohio Sate's D

Or Auburn's D

Typical P5 arrogance. UCF's defense is 22 spots higher than Oklahoma's defense.

That may change after today... our D was atrocious.
Specifically Tre Neal. I don't understand how he stays on the field. We don't have anybody better? Dudes nickname should be "Shands". He almost never wraps up....there were a few times he tried to tackle guys with, like, his forearm. A few times he just watched guys blow by him.

He did make that final pick to end it.

That he did!

He was also the guy in the USF that took a horrible angle on the first TD....and then late in the game stood there and watched the WR blow by Jasinski and score the TD. He should know that when a LB is lined up on a WR he should be backing that up, over the top; Jasinski was already yelling at him before the USF guy even scored.

I don't think we'll be that high, but I think they will put us at 8 or 9 this week so they can claim they're showing us respect.
No way we'd be top 8. That would be hindsight message board and talking head fodder for when the CFP eventually goes to an 8 team system. My guess is they'll want blood-free hands and get us just inside the top 10 to make themselves look oh-so-benevolent.

Reactions: Lurky
Not greed or ego, but just plain common sense. Running the table in the AAC does not demonstrate that Central Florida can run with big dogs in the P5. Especially, the lack of any defense.
Yeah, that's what Baylor said when they played us in the Fiesta Bowl a few years ago.

Specifically Tre Neal. I don't understand how he stays on the field. We don't have anybody better? Dudes nickname should be "Shands". He almost never wraps up....there were a few times he tried to tackle guys with, like, his forearm. A few times he just watched guys blow by him.
He made a huge open field tackle in the first half to save a td. He’s fine

Nevelle Clark seems to be getting picked on left and right and letting WRs by him.

Nearly 1000 yards in passing the last two weeks against the defense. One by who all accounts was having a mediocre if not weak year passing the ball. The only hope is that it was rest that was needed, otherwise that secondary is going to be torched again.

That he did!

He was also the guy in the USF that took a horrible angle on the first TD....and then late in the game stood there and watched the WR blow by Jasinski and score the TD. He should know that when a LB is lined up on a WR he should be backing that up, over the top; Jasinski was already yelling at him before the USF guy even scored.

Nevelle Clark seems to be getting picked on left and right and letting WRs by him.

Wait, I thought our secondary was really good! Isn't the point of the secondary to let the receiver catch the long pass and then chase them down?

I think we have some of the best receiver-chasers in the country.

Nearly 1000 yards in passing the last two weeks against the defense. One by who all accounts was having a mediocre if not weak year passing the ball. The only hope is that it was rest that was needed, otherwise that secondary is going to be torched again.

Never seen so many blown coverages. Almost like the defensive coordinator was scouting and recruiting for another team instead of fully preparing the defense. Rest and the full attention of the coordinator would be nice. This defense has a lot more potential than what we saw the last 2 weeks.

Reactions: SurfaceWarrior
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT