ADVERTISEMENT

Water Pipes Leaking, SOS

ProAttitude

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
“This Place”, UCF Sports
Mrs. Pro noticed baseboard around kitchen sink has discolored and possible leaking pipes behind wall.

Any expert care to make post an assessment and offer guidance?

Should I call a plumber, file an insurance claim, or get an insurance appraiser to handle the incident?

Address the leak with a plumber and then contact insurance. Get photos. Have the plumber indicate that it was a sudden event rather than gradual leak if it is major damage and you want to file a claim. If it’s relatively minor I wouldn’t involve insurance.

Reactions: Ucfmikes and UCFBS
Address the leak with a plumber and then contact insurance. Get photos. Have the plumber indicate that it was a sudden event rather than gradual leak if it is major damage and you want to file a claim. If it’s relatively minor I wouldn’t involve insurance.
^^^ This

You're usually on-the-hook to address the immediate issue once you notice it with most insurance companies (just like a leaking roof after a hurricane or other storm), so get a plumber to do that. Then contact insurance based on what the plumber states.

I would verify this is actually a leaking water pipe. (under pressure). Could it be a leak from the roof in the wall? Since this is around the kitchen sink-- make sure your garbage disposal and drain pipes are not leaking. (easy fix). Over the years, I've had to deal with all of the above....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT