ADVERTISEMENT

We are a basketball school:

Well Prof says we have the most dominant center since his old buddy Lou Alcindor. So yes.
He's exactly my age. Best games I saw blowouts against Elvin Hayes (revenge win for the Astrodome loss) and when Alcindor's frosh team beat the defending national champion varsity squad. Also saw O.J. Simpson (also same age) for USC at the Coliseum beat Oregon's Bobby Moore (now Ahmad Rashad, married to Felicia, the TV wife of Bill Cosby). So a philosopher, murderer, and rapist.

As I'd hoped, attendance tonight topped even Saturday's previous best (5,765 vs. 5,489). Before these two games, we'd been averaging more than 2,000 fewer in attendance (3738) at home. This could be the start of a new wave of fan interest! If we manage somehow to win at Memphis on Sunday, could we perhaps draw 7,000+ to next Wednesday's SMU games.

Just remember we're talking about rarified air: we've never beaten SMU, Cincy, UConn, or Memphis in 3 previous years of conference play: like a combined 0-20). Dawkins will have to convince BJ, Matt, Chad, AD, and Tank who've watched these teams humiliate us each time.

Speaking of Dawkins, Brian Schmitz does a fine piece for the Sentinel and Sun Sentinel about our coach and his plans for the Knights' future accolades on his walls. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/ucf-knights/os-sp-ucf-usf-basketball-brian-schmitz-0118-20170117-column.html

Last edited:
Reactions: UCFhonors
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT