ADVERTISEMENT

We can expect a flurry of RB transfers next season- Too much talent and not enough touches...

ReturnOf

Bronze Knight
Jan 6, 2008
will cause rifts. We have too much talent and most of them are Sophmores. This is a good problem to have, but we will lose guys.

Reactions: SADUCFKNIGHT
will cause rifts. We have too much talent and most of them are Sophmores. This is a good problem to have, but we will lose guys.
I have to agree. Just way too much young talent
We will have to keep the most talented guys happy.

This is an issue based upon the number of RBs that we have. However, with Taj a SR and AK a Junior, I think the underslassmen can see that staying put will lead to getting solid opportunities for more touches just as soon as transferring and sitting out a year.

It does appear that,this situation is why it was wise for us not to recruit any impact RBs this year, i.e. we already have more that we can currently feature in a usual rotation.

The lighter backs would have a harder time finding a home to play in good Div. I programs. That's why we are loaded with RBs, our offense.

Richardson and Hamilton could still decide to transfer and then we are one injury away from being light again at RB
If you are talking about 2018, if Richardson and Hamilton are out (which it seems Hamilton is out already), we have remaining:

1. Taj McGowan
2. AK
3. Otis Anderson
4. Greg McCrae
5. Bentavious Thompson

And of course, why would CR transfer. He got plenty of touches in the Spring Game and looks good for becoming a solid contributor for us with growing responsibility.

I think we are clearly well stocked at RB.

Reactions: Mikesi
If you are talking about 2018, if Richardson and Hamilton are out (which it seems Hamilton is out already), we have remaining:

1. Taj McGowan
2. AK
3. Otis Anderson
4. Greg McCrae
5. Bentavious Thompson

And of course, why would CR transfer. He got plenty of touches in the Spring Game and looks good for becoming a solid contributor for us with growing responsibility.

I think we are clearly well stocked at RB.
CR is really our only big back, however, he has to start breaking tackles and running people over. He needs to play big. If he can, he’s here to stay and will get as many touches as anyone. He can catch the ball out of the backfield which was nice to see. UCF was lucky to grab him if he can live up to his full potential

Reactions: KnightLife1
CR is really our only big back, however, he has to start breaking tackles and running people over.

That is the general perception but everything is relative. I was standing next to Thompson after the game and very surprised at how tall he is. After checking was surprised to find he is 6-1. Taj is also 6-1. CR is only 6-0 but obviously much beefier and should be the go to short yardage RB.....

Why is Hamilton out already? I'm behind, please catch me up.
I don’t think he’s even practicing with the team. He hasn’t sniffed the field since the Maryland game. He basically hasn’t played or practiced. There are just too many other great options. Especially if he’s having legal issues. He’s in limbo

So the clown car of talent are breaking up?
Not at all. You can only get 100 clowns in a Volkswagen. We have 110. Car MAYBE is too small. Clown number MAYBE is too large.
Just speculation. Probably nothing happening in the immediate future

Richardson and Hamilton could still decide to transfer and then we are one injury away from being light again at RB
this is what I'm worried about. Especially when this staff hasn't really recruited much skill positions yet, will feel better if we get to October & start seeing some talented reinforcements in the coming class

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
I don’t see anyone saying how great McCrae is and that’s before this past season. Not much in years past either.

If our fans treat Mack badly and ridicule his play as a freshmen on social media it will push him to transfer. I still believe Mack can be one hell of a quarterback if he works hard and continues to develop. He showed signs of potential and that is promising. There is no guarantee Milton will ever be the same quarterback so we need keep these boys wanting to be part of the UCF family. I believe the family environment these players and coaches have developed is one of the major components to our win streak. Tougher competition for playing time is better for all of their development. After all, you only need one good season to get a chance in the NFL.

Reactions: hendu1976fl
I don’t see anyone saying how great McCrae is and that’s before this past season. Not much in years past either.

https://ucf.forums.rivals.com/threads/greg-mccrae-the-new-kevin-smith.61891/

“Greg McCrae, scrimmage one and scrimmage two, the guy has been unbelievable,” said UCF quarterback McKenzie Milton. “He’s a walk-on but he’s running like a four-year veteran and I think he’s a redshirt junior. The guy is a stud, man, and he’s going to make a lot of big plays this year at running back.

McCrae will help fill out a deep group of tailbacks that includes Adrian Killins Jr., Taj McGowan, Cordarrian Richardson and Otis Anderson Jr.

are you seriously searching for and bumping every thread that mentions McCrae to pat yourself on the back if his performance in practice wasn't mentioned by anyone else?

giphy.gif

There was a ton of practice buzz surrounding running backs Greg McCrae and Jawon Hamilton as demonstrated in interviews by coaches, teammates like McKenzie Milton and others. Jawon Hamilton in 2016 and 2017 and Greg McCrae in 2017, but mostly in 2018.

Since fans don’t attend practices, we were left in the dark other than listening to or reading those interviews. Also, by attending or hearing about the spring game performances by McCrae

The practice buzz meant very little in Hamilton’s case, because Hamilton was just OK or slightly better than OK on the field in 2016, was injured in 2017 and then had some issues and transferred.

As far as McCrae, the practice buzz for a player unknown to fans, but not teammates was completely true as he is killing it in games.

The most perplexing thing of all is why @BlakNGoldAllDay continues to want to prove that he is right by going back through months of posts to prove a point that isn’t even exactly the argued point or way off topic from the OP, but was just briefly mentioned in that thread.

Last edited:
The most perplexing thing of all is why @BlakNGoldAllDay continues to want to prove that he is right by back through months of posts to prove a point that isn’t even exactly the argued point or way off topic from the OP, but was just briefly mentioned in that thread.

And if that fails respond with this.
That’s why you recruit. Opens doors for good guys to sit 1 year and take over.

There was a ton of practice buzz surrounding running backs Greg McCrae and Jawon Hamilton as demonstrated in interviews by coaches, teammates like McKenzie Milton and others. Jawon Hamilton in 2016 and 2017 and Greg McCrae in 2017, but mostly in 2018.

Since fans don’t attend practices, we were left in the dark other than listening to or reading those interviews. Also, by attending or hearing about the spring game performances by McCrae

The practice buzz meant very little in Hamilton’s case, because Hamilton was just OK or slightly better than OK on the field in 2016, was injured in 2017 and then had some issues and transferred.

As far as McCrae, the practice buzz for a player unknown to fans, but not teammates was completely true as he is killing it in games.

The most perplexing thing of all is why @BlakNGoldAllDay continues to want to prove that he is right by going back through months of posts to prove a point that isn’t even exactly the argued point or way off topic from the OP, but was just briefly mentioned in that thread.
You’re the one who said there were articles written about how good he was before he started playing at all. There wasn’t. After his first game against FIU he ran for 5.9 per carry but didn’t see field again until ECU where he had 8 or 9 per carry. A bunch of us were wondering why he wasn’t seeing the field more. Well before the articles.

You’re the one who said there were articles written about how good he was before he started playing at all. There wasn’t. After his first game against FIU he ran for 5.9 per carry but didn’t see field again until ECU where he had 8 or 9 per carry. A bunch of us were wondering why he wasn’t seeing the field more. Well before the articles.
Greg McCrae, scrimmage one and scrimmage two, the guy has been unbelievable,” said UCF quarterback McKenzie Milton. “He’s a walk-on but he’s running like a four-year veteran and I think he’s a redshirt junior. The guy is a stud, man, and he’s going to make a lot of big plays this year at running back.

McCrae will help fill out a deep group of tailbacks that includes Adrian Killins Jr., Taj McGowan, Cordarrian Richardson and Otis Anderson Jr.

Greg McCrae, scrimmage one and scrimmage two, the guy has been unbelievable,” said UCF quarterback McKenzie Milton. “He’s a walk-on but he’s running like a four-year veteran and I think he’s a redshirt junior. The guy is a stud, man, and he’s going to make a lot of big plays this year at running back.

This article was from 2018. He played games in 2017.

Yes and most of us wanted to give him more carries earlier in games. He was ripping runs from the get go.

The point is that he’s a guy who killed it in practice, was an unknown and it translated to success in actual meaningful games

Nothing more and nothing less

This whole thing reminds me of my kids arguing in the backseat over who saw a bird first. What’s the point? Whoever is older, just let it go... This whole thing is stupid and irrelevant.

i remember posting compliments about MCCrae in 2017 but those posts are gone. i remember discussing how the 4 star from Memphis didnt cause enough havoc at the line of scrimmage.

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
Bottom line, McCrae is a beast. He should get 20-25 touches a game.

But AK can score from anywhere on the field. If the play is blocked right, he has the speed to outrun just about anyone on the collegiate level.

ADVERTISEMENT