ADVERTISEMENT

We might have an issue

Danny et al just have to be honest and tell us the full story of exactly what they intend to do, and why.

I think that is largely the same request the players had in their statement. Except it included some unreasonable demands that both the media and readers focused on and used it to make the entire statement absurd.

Not to be shelfish but I will be. My biggest concern is what happens to the money we paid into our season tickets for 7 home games. I have 4 seats. It's not insignificant money. Will UCF do what Penn State did and only return to you the portion of that money directly associated with your ticket price but keep the other portion considered a donation (the baked-in part for seat fees and parking passes)?

I see both sides of the coin. You paid for a product and now you're not getting it so why shouldn't you get all your money back. I also understand that portion is used to fund scholarships and support the athletic programs. On the other hand I've never cared what the impact is if that portion is not kept by the university. Now because of this I want to know exactly what those funds are used for.

Danny et al just have to be honest and tell us the full story of exactly what they intend to do, and why.

SMU kept all the $$$ when the game was snowed out back in 2013. Not sure how this situation is much different. Athletic department still has expenses. Maybe since your a season ticket holder they will treat you differently, or appy this years GKC points to next year.

SMU kept all the $$$ when the game was snowed out back in 2013. Not sure how this situation is much different. Athletic department still has expenses. Maybe since your a season ticket holder they will treat you differently, or appy this years GKC points to next year.

There is going to be reduced expenses, athletic departments are going to be cutting payroll significantly, halting projects. The employees with the lion share of payroll has no where to go, as even if a team plays this year, revenue will still be substantially lower.

If professional and college sports are being cancelled, why are youth sports still taking place? Last week a giant softball tournament was held at Soliders Creek Park. Lacrosse tournaments are taking place. People are gathering at parks to play soccer. Not sure the vast majority want sports cancelled....

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
I hear my little nephews football league is playing. He's a little small but he's really excited about playing tackle football this year.

Lol it’s not hard to follow
Recreational Youth Football: Active
Florida High School Sports: postponed in many counties
AAU Basketball: Active
College Football: postponed for many conferences
NFL: Most likely returning on time
NBA: in a bubble
MLB: struggling
President: Tweeting
Beruit: Exploded
Frost: nailing press conferences
Huepel: Hueped
Danny White: We Trust

Talked to a youth sports parent and she did have to sign a waiver unique for COVID so that her daughter could play little league-level softball. NCAA invalidated/revoked any COVID waivers for the time being.

Knightline podcast says that this is lead by a suspicious 3rd party that has influenced parents of players. Believe the report of a player lead holdout is overblown and mistaken.

anyone see another insider that’s reporting something similar?

Players are smart, no point in breaking a sweat when the season will be cancelled or a Cat 4 will delay games till October

source.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT