ADVERTISEMENT

Week 12 Coaches who should be fired.....

mattropolis

Diamond Knight
Jan 7, 2002
For not being able to will their teams to victory, not making adjustments, not communicating properly, not being creative enough, not being Sigmund Freud, not being adaptable, not recruiting better, etc..., etc....

1) Josh Heupel
2) Mike D'Antonio
3) Gus Malzhan
4) Kirk Ferentz
5) Doug Pederson
6) Mike Gundy

I think I'll just keep adding to this each week, and maybe there is 1 or 2 decent coaches at the end of the year. The rest, well, they are just garbage...

Heupel is not on any to be fired list at this time

Not even close
ucfsports where debate is not allowed. If we had a road game at Tuscaloosa or Athens as 8+ point dogs and just lost bc we are outmanned is one thing, the last 2 losses were not that case and there are several non UCF fans like Bill C that agree

and with that who has called for his firing here?

Last edited:
For not being able to will their teams to victory, not making adjustments, not communicating properly, not being creative enough, not being Sigmund Freud, not being adaptable, not recruiting better, etc..., etc....

1) Josh Heupel
2) Mike D'Antonio
3) Gus Malzhan
4) Kirk Ferentz
5) Doug Pederson
6) Mike Gundy

I think I'll just keep adding to this each week, and maybe there is 1 or 2 decent coaches at the end of the year. The rest, well, they are just garbage...

Jeez man, this coaching staff is16-2 in regular season games, and only close losses to good teams
Away. Give it a rest.

Jeez man, this coaching staff is16-2 in regular season games, and only close losses to good teams
Away. Give it a rest.

The writing is on the wall dude. There are those of us that saw the way the wind was blowing last season, so this is no surprise. As has been stated numerous times, KZ could make any coach look good. When CJH made a stupid call, KZ would find a way to make it work. Now that we don't have him, we are being routinely outcoached. Unless Heupel learns, he's only going to be a .500 coach.

The writing is on the wall dude. There are those of us that saw the way the wind was blowing last season, so this is no surprise. As has been stated numerous times, KZ could make any coach look good. When CJH made a stupid call, KZ would find a way to make it work. Now that we don't have him, we are being routinely outcoached. Unless Heupel learns, he's only going to be a .500 coach.
He basically has to be given a chance to learn from his mistakes. Additionally, it’s not even being considered by DW. It’s way too soon and he has a huge buyout

Its not even an option if he lost EVERY game this year

1) Josh Heupel
2) Mike D'Antonio
3) Gus Malzhan
4) Kirk Ferentz
5) Doug Pederson
6) Mike Gundy

Willie T. Should be #1-6 on this list.

Curious, where the line is between being a good coach and getting beaten and being a bad coach and getting beaten?

It's my observation if you want to be a head coach you have to have a bit of an ego and stubbornness. It's your show and these guys are often former players and the ones who were QBs seem to have big egos, Harbough, Spurrier, Frost and I guess Heuple. It's who these guys are, they are just wired this way.

I have seen over the years where coaches have their system and don't have the players to run it, but damn the torpedos it's their system and they don't find the key players to run it. Then you have coaches who seem to adapt the player and system and are flexible with it. Heuple last year seemed more flexible and should adapt. You either adapt or die in life. Coaches keep their jobs if they win. It's win or die. It's up the Heuple here.

Should his job be on the line today? Nope. If he goes 10&2, I would call it success. If he drops 2 more, the burner will be turned on to at least summer.

Reactions: mattropolis
Coaches keep their jobs if they win. It's win or die. It's up the Heuple here.

Should his job be on the line today? Nope. If he goes 10&2, I would call it success. If he drops 2 more, the burner will be turned on to at least summer.
Agreed. It’s all up to him. He’s got the weapons, but he has to figure out how to use them more effectively

If he losses 2 more AND a bowl game, then you are correct IMO

3 All Conference players on the Oline with experience were not ready to play on the road
What cracks me up is that UF has like one returning starter on the offensive line and they moved the ball against arguably one the best defensive lines in college football in Auburn

We are returning 3 at least and we are using that as an excuse against Cincinnati

I do not believe this should even be a consideration. I have been critical of the way things have gone but more to point out that coach most adapt and utilize our guys better, rather than be stuck in his ways. If he doesn’t adapt and takes a my way or highway approach it will tick me off. Blowing out teams that you have better talent than will get old if we fold against equal competition or better. I am willing to give him some time. However he was giving keys to a nice car and I don’t want to see him wreck it. These guys a mercenaries, hoping for a better job. Me, I am not going anywhere as it is my school and has been in my life for 25-years now. So, it isn’t to much to ask to not sacrifice a season in which we should be better. If the o-line isn’t doing their job, that is still on coach. If they can’t do what he needs them to do against LSU, Pitt, Cincy then he needs to notice and make changes. If not, I can criticize him, because without guys like me and the rest of you who go to the games, donate, etc. he isn’t making near $2 million a year. So I do expect him to answer tough questions from the media, let us know what is going on, etc.

1) Josh Heupel
2) Mike D'Antonio
3) Gus Malzhan
4) Kirk Ferentz
5) Doug Pederson
6) Mike Gundy

Mods please ban

What cracks me up is that UF has like one returning starter on the offensive line and they moved the ball against arguably one the best defensive lines in college football in Auburn
Let's see how UF's offense moves the ball on the road this weekend. Playing at home is a lot different than away. Playing against a proven RS Senior is a lot harder than playing a true freshman at home. Auburn may have a good defensive line but their offense is not running at a high level with Nix playing QB, and with all the talent that surrounds him....they have to live with his growing pains just like we do. My guess is they still have 3 losses in waiting (@LSU, Georgia, Bama...although 2 of them are at home, plus a couple of other road games). Nix should grow into a good or great QB in the next few years.

UF:
Their offense put up 300 on Miami (neutral site), a Miami team that is 2-3 (Only wins against Bethune Cookman and Central Michigan...both wins at home.).
Their offense put up a big number on Tennessee-Martin....FCS
Their offense put up 438 @Kentucky, a Kentucky team that is 2-3 (Only wins against Toledo and Eastern Michigan...both wins at home).
Their offense put up 441 on Tennessee, a Tennessee team that is 1-3 (Only win against Tennessee-Chattanoga....at home)
Their offense put up a big number on Towson....FCS
Their offense put up 400 on Auburn, a good Auburn team that is 5-1 despite their true freshman QB playing sub-par in most wins...eventually that true freshman QB is going to catch up with you on road games: (Against Oregon on neutral site 13-31 for 177 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs; @Texas A&M 12-20 for 100 yds and 1 TD; Against Miss State at home 16/21 for 335 yards and 2 TDs (Miss States wins are against Louisiana, Southern Miss and Kentucky...all at home. Kentucky is now 0-3 in SEC play and will continue to lose most SEC games); @Florida 11/27 for 145 yards, 1 TD, 3 INTs)

Florida's offense is ranked #54 even though they have played 2 FCS opponents. Florida's defense is ranked #17.

Auburn's offense is ranked #36, and defense is ranked #33.

LSU's offense is ranked #3, and their defense is ranked #32.

Seems to me so far UF's offense is pretty consistent in putting up ~400 yards, whether it be 5-1 Auburn or 1-3 Tennessee.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Knight_Light
Never thought I'd see the day where we beat 1 out of 2 P5s, lose to a (now ranked) team in-conference, and will have a 8+, if not 9-10 win, season ... and people would want our Coach fired.

Reactions: Knight Strength
If we're gonna lose easily winnable games, I can't support this.

Everyone should realize my post is incredibly sarcastic about anybody being fired....but I will keep updating it each week with all the new coaches that aren't very good because they don't win every game they coach in. This is kind of where I thought we'd be at this point. I said 8-10 wins this season after looking at the first depth chart. We're a pretty young, inexperienced team overall.

Let's hope our program is getting to a point where this is considered a rebuilding year...8-10+ wins. That would be a positive. Only time will tell.

Last edited:
Reactions: Finance2000Knight
Everyone realizes my post is incredibly sarcastic about anybody being fired....but I will keep updating it each week with all the new coaches that aren't very good because they don't win every game they coach in. This is kind of where I thought we'd be at this point. I said 8-10 wins this season after looking at the first depth chart. We're a pretty young, inexperienced team overall.

While you are being sarcastic, I'm registering web domains. :angry::fire::fire::fire:

Did you see how the wind was blowing after Cure Bowl?

Reactions: UCFBS

1) Josh Heupel
2) Mike D'Antonio
3) Gus Malzhan
4) Kirk Ferentz
5) Doug Pederson
6) Mike Gundy

Matt, take it from a Pitt fan. If you fire Heupel after two seasons and maybe two-three losses, regardless of the program’s trajectory, the job will instantly become much less attractive. No one would want to walk into that buzzsaw. You guys will be fine.

He will absolutely never....... beyond a shadow of a doubt be a .500 coach at UCF, period..........

Last edited:
Everyone should realize my post is incredibly sarcastic about anybody being fired....

You gotta be careful around here because there are too many that can't tell the difference between what is reality and what is not.......that has turned into a ginormous unfounded leap that half this board wants CJH fired.......

I knew Frost was legit before we even hired him. Never doubted his ability to achieve greatness here.

Heupel, I've had doubts since the beginning. If I were him, I'd study what Frost did here, and copy that.
I agree. Frost had proved himself and was ready to be a HC and was legit. I've had doubts also about the Heup. When a team and coaching staff doesn't mind losing him you have to wonder and after losing KZ he's not looking like he's the answer to losing Frost. Still want to believe but it's more and more difficult. Does anyone know is he coaching QBs or is J. Lebby?

Matt, take it from a Pitt fan. If you fire Heupel after two seasons and maybe two-three losses, regardless of the program’s trajectory, the job will instantly become much less attractive. No one would want to walk into that buzzsaw. You guys will be fine.
I was being sarcastic....I was saying all those other great coaches should get fired as well because they don't win every game. I always believe a coaching change necessitates at least one 4 year cycle (a full class going through the program) before you pull the plug, I mean, unless they demonstrate futility.

I agree. Frost had proved himself and was ready to be a HC and was legit. I've had doubts also about the Heup. When a team and coaching staff doesn't mind losing him you have to wonder and after losing KZ he's not looking like he's the answer to losing Frost. Still want to believe but it's more and more difficult. Does anyone know is he coaching QBs or is J. Lebby?
Ummm ... I think Heupel had more credentials than Frost for a HC job. I also remember the mud slung at Frost in 2016 as well ... especially over the QB nod and playbook.

Especially as he was turning the ball over even more than DG.

Interesting take. Heupel had much more experience as an assistant than Frost coming in. You mention “wondering after losing KZ” and that he doesn’t look like the answer when except for some tough breaks the team is 6-0. Also funny since Frost hasn’t exactly been killing it without Milton and his coaching blunders late In games have cost Nebraska a handful of times already (as they did at UCF in 2016).

Lol you also said we would lose big to Memphis in the CCG after Milton went down and predicted Wimbush would be the starter. Now Nostradamus is predicting we will be a .500 team going forward? Sign me up for that bet.

I knew Frost was legit before we even hired him. Never doubted his ability to achieve greatness here.

Heupel, I've had doubts since the beginning. If I were him, I'd study what Frost did here, and copy that.
A lot of CFB media thought UCF outkicked it’s coverage and hit a home run with the Frost hire. Also remember how many jobs were open during that coaching carousel and it was even more impressive.

A lot of CFB media thought UCF outkicked it’s coverage and hit a home run with the Frost hire. Also remember how many jobs were open during that coaching carousel and it was even more impressive.
I do agree with this take. Frost was a great hire. Especially coming off of a winless season. I’m sure he saw the potential of a team that had won a fiesta bowl only 2 years prior and had advantages over other AAC conference foes with regards to ability to recruit Florida speed.

ADVERTISEMENT