ADVERTISEMENT

Week 12 Coaches who should be fired.....

My point is that he has made a habit of beating up on bad teams and running into a wall vs most teams with an pulse and certainly post Milton. The jury is out and you have nothing to dispute that point

Additionally, he has inherited 2 of the best college QBs in 2017 and 2018
You are describing 75-85% of teams every season. Beat up on chumps. That should get you to 6 wins. 3 more against good opponents. Usually 3 tough games every year.

That is why Missouri was an average team while he was there, instead of good or great. They were 7-6 and 8-5. In 2016 they were 4-8. In 2015 they were 5-7. You could just as easily argue he was part of making them an average team instead of a bad team.

Last edited:
My point is that he has made a habit of beating up on bad teams and running into a wall vs most teams with an pulse and certainly post Milton. The jury is out and you have nothing to dispute that point

Additionally, he has inherited 2 of the best college QBs in 2017 and 2018
He has also never been a head coach. Since when do we start pinning wins and losses on coordinators instead of head coaches? We'll have a well informed sense of who he is after next season. There are two other phases of the game a coordinator is not responsible for.

Time to get back to the topic at hand. Which coaches are potentially on this weeks chopping block if they fail to beat a good team on the road this week?

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Time to get back to the topic at hand. Which coaches are potentially on this weeks chopping block if they fail to beat a good team on the road this week?
It should be another banner week for finding out which coaches are great, and which ones can't do much more than sit in a chair and drool on themselves. Here's some games to keep on eye on:
Florida @South Carolina
Oregon @Washington
Temple @SMU
Baylor @Oklahoma State
Arizona State @Utah
Michigan @Penn State
Boise State @BYU

I'm going with the home team in all games except South Carolina, SMU and BYU.

A lot of coaches. I don’t know what the heck that guy is. He couldn’t even win them all with Flowers who was handed to him
The point is, the grass is always greener and we could just have easily ended up with a coach that screwed everything up last season. Instead we ended up with another perfect season.

He has also never been a head coach. Since when do we start pinning wins and losses on coordinators instead of head coaches? We'll have a well informed sense of who he is after next season. There are two other phases of the game a coordinator is not responsible for.
That is very true. A good point. I’m strictly wanting to talk about offense

oh well..., back to the OP

Last edited:
The point is, the grass is always greener and we could just have easily ended up with a coach that screwed everything up last season. Instead we ended up with another perfect season.
Other than some things that we would have liked to see differently vs LSU, I think that any criticism is basically about this year’s OFFENSE

Charlie Strong? 14 point dog to Navy in Annapolis.
My intent was to keep the discussions on this thread to top 25 teams, because as we all know, if you're not in the top 25 and winning every single game your coach is already a bum.
images

Last edited:
Reactions: hemightbejeremy
I've been trying to keep the discussions on this thread to top 25 teams, because as we all know, if your not in the top 25 and winning every single game your coach is already a bum.
images
I’m glad that you finally have come around

Took long enough [cheers]

That's true, you've got to give him that much credit. But by his own admission, didn't he say that he pretty much kept what Frost was doing and this year was the year to start putting in his offense?

That's true, you've got to give him that much credit. But by his own admission, didn't he say that he pretty much kept what Frost was doing and this year was the year to start putting in his offense?
No, he didn’t say that and didn’t do that last year. I recall something about using the same terminology for certain plays that players were already familiar with to ease the transition though.

No, he didn’t say that and didn’t do that last year. I recall something about using the same terminology for certain plays that players were already familiar with to ease the transition though.
Perhaps I misunderstood. Thanks for trying to clarify.

Perhaps I misunderstood. Thanks for trying to clarify.
Yep. No problem. Perhaps this is the story you are referencing.

http://es.pn/2GwhHC7

“In other areas, player input has kept a few things unchanged. Take the offensive playbook, for example. Heupel and Frost share enough offensive concepts that the new staff has adopted the terminology that players already know on the plays they have in common. So in theory, that should allow the offense to hit spring practice, which started Tuesday, with much more familiarity than another program that has completely changed over its staff.”

Paul Chryst......garbage. You can't take your top 10 team and beat a 2-4 (0-3) team. Funny. I thought only our coach couldn't motivate his players. What....no in-game adjustments?

The players have nothing to do with having to execute their offense against the #99 ranked defense.

Last edited:
All these coaches should be freed up so we will have plenty of options when we run Heupel out of town*

playbooks are the same for every team based off of personnel packages. Only thing that changes is terminology. Pretty much 10 routes in the route tree.
That's how we ended up with JH. For better or worse.
its a hand me up. HC is higher than Coordinator.

playbooks are the same for every team based off of personnel packages. Only thing that changes is terminology. Pretty much 10 routes in the route tree.

its a hand me up. HC is higher than Coordinator.
Gosh. Stop blabbering over JH and open your eyes man.

We get it. You hate Heupel and Gabriel. You may as well just go root for a different school until they leave.
No. And no. I am 100 percent behind DG, and Heup for that matter. But be objective. Why dont you go root for OK and put up pictures of JH from 2000 in your basement.

I enjoy pulling your chain.

No. And no. I am 100 percent behind DG, and Heup for that matter. But be objective. Why dont you go root for OK and put up pictures of JH from 2000 in your basement.

I enjoy pulling your chain.
Probably because I’m not an Oklahoma fan. Or Nebraska fan. When they leave us I want them
To be shitty.

Garbage:
Jim Harbaugh: "No more needs to be said than the phrase "record in games that matter"."

Herm Edwards: "C'mon man! You can't beat a top 15 team on the road. I guess you have no idea what you are doing."

Tom Herman: "Even though you won, you had to kick a FG with a couple seconds left to beat Kansas.....at home, after they put up 42 on you. I guess he has no idea how to motivate his players. If they don't drop in the polls it's a travesty."

Barry Odom: "Just let this sink in. You lost to Vandy who was 1-5 coming into this game. Last week UNLV punked Vandy by 24. You shouldn't be allowed to coach at the collegiate level. "

Waiting in the wings........Boise State's coach. We'll have to wait and see how this game finishes. I mean, I'm sitting here waiting for game adjustments to happen. It's so easy to do and the players will instinctively execute any changes flawlessly.....I'm sure of it.

Last edited:
Boise coach soon to be added. I’m sure their keyboard fans will be purchasing the fireharsin domain soon. Or they probably already had it since they haven’t been blowing teams out.m every game.

Good news is 75% of college football coaches are criticized every week. 50% for losing a game and another 25% who didn’t win impressively enough.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Bryan Harsin: "Completely futile. All you had to do was make some adjustments in gameplaning for your backup QB. It should be a piece of cake to beat a 2-4 team on the road using their 3rd string QB."

None of these coaches know what they are doing. Is there just one out there, for the love of God!!!

Reactions: GoKnights2003
Bryan Harsin: "Completely futile. All you had to do was make some adjustments in gameplaning for your backup QB. It should be a piece of cake to beat a 2-4 team on the road using their 3rd string QB."

None of these coaches know what they are doing. Is there just one out there, for the love of God!!!
The sad thing is we can’t even accept any of these “retreads”. Only bright up and comers who have never failed at any stop but also aren’t being sought after by blue bloods.

Not a whole lot going on this week. Most coaches like Paul Chryst and Gus Malzhan that have already been deemed worthless are likely to lose again but there are still several more coaches waiting to prove they don't know how to coach or win.

Here's some games to keep on eye on:
Penn State @Sparty
OK State @Iowa State
Notre Dame @Michigan

I'm going with the away team in the first two games. Notre Dame has struggled at Michigan and Michigan outplayed Penn State in almost every aspect, except the one that matters, the score board.

Don’t forget about Indiana @ NGEbraska

A UCF noon game will leave room for another classically humorous thread if they lose

ADVERTISEMENT