ADVERTISEMENT

Week 12 Coaches who should be fired.....

Don’t forget about Indiana @ NGEbraska

A UCF noon game will leave room for another classically humorous thread if they lose
That ground was well fertilized for a future crop of humor. The harvest is bountiful :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ucfmikes
Exactly how you look saying you want a QB that can run.
Stop being a dick. You’re like one of the only people who’s saying this. Go talk to Lebby and Heupel if you have a problem with it The UCF offense is built to have a QB who has to run it sometimes or have at least a viable threat to run it. We need to have DG make plays with his feet or the offense is too one dimensional

Did you even watch the Cincinnati game?
Missouri in 2017?
UCF last year?

Stop being a dick. You’re like one of the only people who’s saying this. Go talk to Lebby and Heupel if you have a problem with it The UCF offense is built to have a QB who has to run it sometimes or have at least a viable threat to run it. We need to have DG make plays with his feet or the offense is too one dimensional

Did you even watch the Cincinnati game?
Missouri in 2017?
UCF last year?
There are 2 ways of moving the ball. Running and passing. Neither one is better. 25 yards are 25 yards. It’s easier to pass for 25 though.

There are 2 ways of moving the ball. Running and passing. Neither one is better. 25 yards are 25 yards. It’s easier to pass for 25 though.
I agree, but when they shut it down, then what?
It’s a red zone weapon
Additionally, it extends drives and runs the clock

Alright....time to break down this week and see additional coaches that can't gameplan, can't make adjustments and just can't get the kids motivated enough. It's only week 8 and we're quickly running out of coaches left that are worth a d@mn:

Brian Kelly....I'm calling this one early. Hope I don't jinx it. Thanks for giving Harbaugh that top 10 victory that has been eluding him. Harbaugh is singing in the rain right now because you probably just saved his job.

Lincoln Riley.....You lost to KState. You were down 48-23 in the 4th quarter You got dominated. Enough said.

Tom Herman....I let you slide with the Oklahoma loss but your shortcomings can no longer be overlooked. Losing to a 3-3 team is just embarassing. I mean, if Ehlinger is throwing picks why don't you adjust and just run the ball.....duh.

Last edited:
When a QB runs, an RB can become an extra blocker. But when a RB runs, a QB rarely becomes an (effective) extra blocker.

Not to mention defenses key in on RBs which is something that can allow a QB to execute a RPO play.

It matters who runs. Not just that a run happens. This is some of the simplest stuff.

When a QB runs, an RB can become an extra blocker. But when a RB runs, a QB rarely becomes an (effective) extra blocker.

Not to mention defenses key in on RBs which is something that can allow a QB to execute a RPO play.

It matters who runs. Not just that a run happens. This is some of the simplest stuff.
Like you said, doesn’t matter if you pass for 25 yards or run for 25 yards, it’s still moves the ball. You don’t get extra points for running it.

Like you said, doesn’t matter if you pass for 25 yards or run for 25 yards, it’s still moves the ball. You don’t get extra points for running it.
Sure if successful, it doesnt matter. But there's a better chance of success in runs if the QB can run well. Better than a RB running while the QB stands in the backfield.

Focus.....Focus.....

Alright....time to break down this week and see additional coaches that can't gameplan, can't make adjustments and just can't get the kids motivated enough. It's only week 8 and we're quickly running out of coaches left that are worth a d@mn:

Brian Kelly....I'm calling this one early. Hope I don't jinx it. Thanks for giving Harbaugh that top 10 victory that has been eluding him. Harbaugh is singing in the rain right now because you probably just saved his job.

Lincoln Riley.....You lost to KState. You were down 48-23 in the 4th quarter You got dominated. Enough said.

Tom Herman....I let you slide with the Oklahoma loss but your shortcomings can no longer be overlooked. Losing to a 3-3 team is just embarassing. I mean, if Ehlinger is throwing picks why don't you adjust and just run the ball.....duh.

Basically, there are only 11 coaches left worthy of actual consideration as college coaches. The rest are just a bunch of hacks. The focus is going to just be on these guys the rest of the way:
Saban
Orgeron
Day
Dabo
Franklin
Wittingham
Rhule
Sonny Dykes
PJ Fleck
Luke Fickel
Eliah Drinkwitz
****Remember, once you've been proven to be junk, you can never redeem yourself as a coach****

Last edited:
Dino is not doing well in Syracuse. To think at one time we thought UCF would be a good fit. Anyone still think that. Is it just impossible to win in Syracuse? :sunglasses:

Dino is not doing well in Syracuse. To think at one time we thought UCF would be a good fit. Anyone still think that. Is it just impossible to win in Syracuse? :sunglasses:
I didn't want him as our head coach. I don't think it's impossible to win anywhere but you do have to have a sliding scale for different programs. I'm not saying they need to be winning the ACC title every season but so far:
4-8 (2-6).....Colgate, UConn, VaTech, BC
4-8 (2-6).....Central Connecticut, Central Michigan, Pitt, Clemson
10-3 (6-2)...Western Michigan, Wagner, FSU, UConn, UNC, NC State, Wake, Loserville, West Virginia,
3-5 (0-4).....Liberty, Western Michigan, Holy Cross

In your 4th season, I think you would want to see at worst 7 wins, and expect better than that in other seasons, even in conferences where you have several dominant teams, and right now the ACC only has one dominant team. If your program is any good 7 wins a season is not a high bar to meet. That's 2 junk wins, going 1-1 in your other two OOC games, and then going 4-4 in conference play. That would be building a steady program. Right now the only thing steady there is losing. He had one good season so far and 2019 is looking really ugly.

He's 21-24 overall and 10-18 in conference play. I don't think a P5 coach should be held in high regard for going 10-18 in conference play, and half your overall wins from beating junk schools in OOC play.

Reactions: knight_tracker
Focus.....Focus.....

Basically, there are only 11 coaches left worthy of actual consideration as college coaches. The rest are just a bunch of hacks. The focus is going to just be on these guys the rest of the way:
Saban
Orgeron
Day
Dabo
Franklin
Wittingham
Rhule
Sonny Dykes
PJ Fleck
Luke Fickel
Eliah Drinkwitz
****Remember, once you've been proven to be junk, you can never redeem yourself as a coach****
But the original list had Heup? Maybe I'm mistaken.

But the original list had Heup? Maybe I'm mistaken.
Heup was considered a waste of humanity after first loss. He can't coach. He can't motivate. He can't adjust. The kids have nothing to do with execution. Isn't it obvious?????? We're in a downward spiral of epic proportions.

Heup was considered a waste of humanity after first loss. He can't coach. He can't motivate. He can't adjust. The kids have nothing to do with execution. Isn't it obvious?????? We're in a downward spiral of epic proportions.

Why is being critical viewed so terribly. No one asked for his firing aside from the two sarcastic threads, this being one. In every case I seen, fans were specific in what they thought was wrong, not a blanket statement of he is terrible. That's usually the case of fans that watch the game closely and is invested in program. The other option is indifferent fans, that simply stop caring. Which is also occurring and a much bigger concern.

I would rather be a critical fan than be the fan in mid/late September of 2015 using the excuse of injuries and young players and supporting a Key/GOL combo going forward.

Why is being critical viewed so terribly. No one asked for his firing aside from the two sarcastic threads, this being one. In every case I seen, fans were specific in what they thought was wrong, not a blanket statement of he is terrible. That's usually the case of fans that watch the game closely and is invested in program. The other option is indifferent fans, that simply stop caring. Which is also occurring and a much bigger concern.

I would rather be a critical fan than be the fan in mid/late September of 2015 using the excuse of injuries and young players and supporting a Key/GOL combo going forward.
This! Additionally, no one is calling for Mack over DG or DG to be benched

Just wanted CJH to call for less bombs and more running. Maybe some Mack packages

Done

This! Additionally, no one is calling for Mack over DG or DG to be benched

Just wanted CJH to call for less bombs and more running. Maybe some Mack packages

Done
I think this is more to raise the ire of those that think our program has hit a dead end and is going to go into the gutter after losing two games, on the road, while breaking in a true freshman QB (and graduating like 20 players from last seasons 2-deep). If you haven’t kept up on this thread, there is one constant.....college teams lose a lot on the road! When there are upsets it is likely a true road game.

For example, the top 7 teams in our league, in conference play, are 7-6 on the road but 14-1 at home.

I don’t mind criticism of the team or staff at all. I just have to laugh at people thinking because we lost a couple games, they essentially, “the coach sucks and our program is in shambles”, when our situation is nothing like that.

I just have to laugh at people thinking because we lost a couple games, they essentially, “the coach sucks and our program is in shambles”, when our situation is nothing like that.
I agree, but you just don’t know that. Both of those games were winnable and there were questionable coaching decisions. Additionally, they were very close together and we still could lose 1-2 more. That trend has still not been COMPLETELY put to rest.

who would be happy with 8-4? Not me.

Last edited:
Alright....time to break down this week and see additional coaches that can't gameplan, can't make adjustments and just can't get the kids motivated enough:
Saban: Off
Orgeron: Off
Day: Off
Dabo: Basically Off (FCS opponent)
Franklin: Off
Wittingham: @Washington (Upset Alert!)
Rhule: West Virginia
Sonny Dykes: @Memphis (Upset Alert!)
PJ Fleck: Off
Luke Fickel: @ECU
Eliah Drinkwitz: Georgia Southern

2 more coaches could find there way to the scrap heap this week.

I agree, but you just don’t know that. Both of those games were winnable and there were questionable coaching decisions. Additionally, they were very close together and we still could lose 1-2 more. That trend has still not been COMPLETELY put to rest.

who would be happy with 8-4? Not me.
When you win, nobody questions the coaching decisions. When you lose, they do. It’s that simple.

Reactions: Knight Strength
When you win, nobody questions the coaching decisions. When you lose, they do. It’s that simple.
It sure is! Look how quiet things are this week on here? Lots of threads. Very few critical ones. I thoroughly enjoyed myself last weekend. That’s how things were supposed to go FOR THE MOST PART. Any criticism from coach Heupel of the team last week (which wasn’t much) was definitely the same as the fanbase. Missing on some passes, penalties, etc.

Unfortunately or fortunately, ultimately you do have to please the fans.

If I had to guess Sonny Dykes should be updating his resume this week.
I wouldn’t get the resume ready yet. He’s still got games @Memphis and @Navy. Plus Beuchele has one more year left (unless he goes pro). Although I think Dykes has a good offensive mind his teams just haven’t done much. He even had Jared Goff for 3 seasons and only managed one season above .500, finishing 8-5 (4-5). Not saying he can’t make a lateral move but I certainly don't see any major program looking at him. Maybe a “beatdown” P5 program collecting checks to lose games might snag him up....Rutgers comes to mind.

Drinkwitz....Complete loser. You can’t beat a 4-3 team at home who has completed 1 of 4 passes for 16 yards. Kids don’t have any part of making plays and doing their jobs. it’s all on the coaches. Obviously no adjustments made by the staff.

Here’s the thing. Coaches make mistakes and it hard to win on the road. I get that

That being said, I don’t think there’s a fanbase in the country who really cares about other teams losing because of their coach

I personally only care about how CJH does (good or bad), and although this thread is obviously sarcastic and cute, other coaches can screw up all day and no matter how good or proven they are, I only care about what our coaches do.

Whether the grass is greener or not at other colleges, I only care about the grass at UCF. How other coaches perform to lose games, doesn’t say a thing about our coaches. It doesn’t necessarily give them an out. It depends on that particular game and circumstances that lead to the loss. There are too many variables.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoKnights2003
Saban: Off
Orgeron: Off
Day: Off
Dabo: Basically Off (FCS opponent)
Franklin: Off
Wittingham: @Washington (Upset Alert!)
Rhule: West Virginia
PJ Fleck: Off
Luke Fickel: @ECU

Drinkwitz and Sonny Dykes bite the dust. Just can’t game plan. No adjustments. Players executing and weather be damned. We all know it all comes down to the coach.

Wittingham, Rhule and Fickel survive another week.

ADVERTISEMENT