#19 Liberty
#20 Illinois
#21 UCF
#22 Kansas State
#23 Washington
#24 Kentucky
#25 Notre Dame​

Others receiving votes:
Coastal Carolina 77; Cincinnati 70; Wake Forest 53; Oklahoma State 53; Baylor 46; Florida State 22; Syracuse 20; Kansas 12; Mississippi State 11; Troy 10; Louisville 9; Texas-San Antonio 6; Pittsburgh 4; Minnesota 4; South Carolina 3; Oregon State 3; Maryland 3; Boise State 1.

AP Week 11
1. Georgia (9-0), 1574 points (62 first-place votes)
2. Ohio State (9-0), 1500 (1)
3. Michigan (9-0), 1455
4. TCU (9-0), 1361
5. Tennessee (8-1), 1339
6. Oregon (8-1), 1258
7. LSU (7-2), 1132
8. USC (8-1), 1061
9. UCLA (8-1), 1040
10. Alabama (7-2), 1009
11. Ole Miss (8-1), 962
12. Clemson (8-1), 938
13. Utah (7-2), 881
14. Penn State (7-2), 735
15. North Carolina (8-1), 676
16. Tulane (8-1), 607
17. North Carolina State (7-2), 547
18. Texas (6-3), 399
19. Liberty (8-1), 358
20. Notre Dame (6-3), 316
21. Illinois (7-2), 262
22. UCF (7-2), 257
23. Kansas State (6-3), 247
24. Washington (7-2), 187
25. Florida State (6-3), 78
Others Receiving Votes: Cincinnati 74, Kentucky 61, Coastal Carolina 46, Wake Forest 34, Oklahoma State 21, Baylor 19, Kansas 10, Mississippi State 8, South Carolina 6, Troy 5, UTSA 5, Louisville 3, Oregon State 3, San Jose State 1

I'll give you Liberty is doing well, but can you name the ranked team they've beaten? I can name the ranked team they LOST. I guess they're best win is against a middle of the road SEC.

Liberty is still independent this year right? Doesn't that disqualify them from taking the spot of the highest ranked G5 "champion?"
Correct. The only way they can make a NY6 bowl is by getting an at-large bid which means they have to be around top 10.

That also means that they would play in the Cotton Bowl vs the G5 bid

No wins over ranked opponents either. We would have at least 2
Cincy is not ranked. They had a ranking when we beat them, but now they aren't, which means they were overrated, not to be insulting, but by the definition of the words. Maybe they'll end up ranked though.

I don't get "they were ranked when we played them" as evidence of schedule strength. Should the teams that beat "ranked" Miami brag about them as a win over a ranked team?

I'm sure this will be unpopular, but I think we have to be consistent in our logic.

Cincy is not ranked. They had a ranking when we beat them, but now they aren't, which means they were overrated, not to be insulting, but by the definition of the words. Maybe they'll end up ranked though.

I don't get "they were ranked when we played them" as evidence of schedule strength. Should the teams that beat "ranked" Miami brag about them as a win over a ranked team?

I'm sure this will be unpopular, but I think we have to be consistent in our logic.
I think that’s the problem with rankings. Certain conferences get inflated preseason rankings. It takes them several losses to get bumped out & only a few more wins to get ranked again. They get more opportunities to have ranked games.

The few AAC ranked teams are typically in the high teens/low twenties and if the lose, they typically are never ranked again.

Reactions: OtterKnight

Unfortunately you are wrong the statistic matters for at the time of kickoff. Not where the team really end in the rankings.

I think that’s the problem with rankings. Certain conferences get inflated preseason rankings. It takes them several losses to get bumped out & only a few more wins to get ranked again. They get more opportunities to have ranked games.

The few AAC ranked teams are typically in the high teens/low twenties and if the lose, they typically are never ranked again.
SEC Chutes and ladders. Lose and drop 2 places win and jump the team you beat. Keeps 6+ teams ranked in the conference. No one does it better.

Unfortunately you are wrong the statistic matters for at the time of kickoff. Not where the team really end in the rankings.
When you say "the statistic" you mean when people say it as though it matters. Yes people say it. That's not the point.

I'm saying it doesn't matter. It's a ridiculous way to measure a team. Again, does it really matter for those teams that beat "ranked" Miami? If Cincy had a win over ranked Miami, we'd be laughing about it on this forum, talking about how it's meaningless.

When you say "the statistic" you mean when people say it as though it matters. Yes people say it. That's not the point.

I'm saying it doesn't matter. It's a ridiculous way to measure a team. Again, does it really matter for those teams that beat "ranked" Miami? If Cincy had a win over ranked Miami, we'd be laughing about it on this forum, talking about how it's meaningless.
No there is a stat on your record vs "Polls" AP and coaches top 25. Go to espn look at our confrence standings and scroll to the right.

3 loss Texas and ND with the leap frog rankings into the top 20! Good thing Miami didn't win because the pollers would have found another way overrated team to add in the rankings this week as well!

If you beat a team ranked that deep into the season, it’s a good win. Period. If Cincy had beaten us instead they would be ranked top 15. Its the same team. And they will be back in next week.

I agree with you, but that’s usually not how it’s perceived, which is super annoying especially for the nonsense preseason rankings

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT