ADVERTISEMENT

Week 12 Coaches who should be fired.....

Anyone going to throw up the week 7 list? Start with Bronco Mendenhall.
Yep. No adjustments. No creativity. Totally pooutcoached. As well as every other complaint made against Heupel......or maybe it is just tough to win on the road.

Babers from last night. Couldn't motivate his team. Totally outcoached.....or maybe it is just tough to win on the road.

Last edited:
Don’t understand why people act so surprised at losses and claim we have superior talent and shouldn’t lose. Why would our talent be far superior to Pitt’s talent and Cincy’s talent? The recruiting by the 3 teams has been very similar in recent years...so one would expect the quality of the teams and the on field results to be very similar as well. It’s not like we’re losing to the FAMU’s of the world. In the rare times we’ve lost, it’s been to teams that have recruited as well or better than we have. It’s football. It happens. The correlation between recruiting and performance should be very strong...and that’s the case the vast majority of the time. Put two evenly matched teams on the field together and one has to lose. Doesn’t mean a coach needs to be fired because of it.

Don’t understand why people act so surprised at losses and claim we have superior talent and shouldn’t lose. Why would our talent be far superior to Pitt’s talent and Cincy’s talent? The recruiting by the 3 teams has been very similar in recent years...so one would expect the quality of the teams and the on field results to be very similar as well. The correlation between recruiting and performance should be very strong...and that’s the case the vast majority of the time.
We blew both those teams out last year. Blew them off the field. Pretty much beat them in every way. I don’t believe that they have the same talent and I don’t rely 100% on recruiting rankings

The biggest variable this year is the QB situation. It may be the only variable. We could have made up for that with better playcalling and gameplanning IMO

Don’t understand why people act so surprised at losses and claim we have superior talent and shouldn’t lose. Why would our talent be far superior to Pitt’s talent and Cincy’s talent? The recruiting by the 3 teams has been very similar in recent years...so one would expect the quality of the teams and the on field results to be very similar as well. It’s not like we’re losing to the FAMU’s of the world. In the rare times we’ve lost, it’s been to teams that have recruited as well or better than we have. It’s football. It happens. The correlation between recruiting and performance should be very strong...and that’s the case the vast majority of the time. Put two evenly matched teams on the field together and one has to lose. Doesn’t mean a coach needs to be fired because of it.
I think there lines are equal or better, but I don’t think that their skill position players are in the same class as UCF. That’s what we didn’t exploit

A perfect example is AK. He DESTROYED both Cincinnati AND Pittsburgh last year

Neither team has a player like him

THAT right there is the difference. He was basically nonexistent this year

Last edited:
Yep. No adjustments. No creativity. Totally pooutcoached. As well as every other complaint made against Heupel......or maybe it is just tough to win on the road.

Babers from last night. Couldn't motivate his team. Totally outcoached.....or maybe it is just tough to win on the road.
0/6 red zone TDs and 9 points against a team that allowed 40+ to Virginia Tech. They need an overhaul.

Interesting. Higher than national average. Same as undefeated year.
Yeah I think the higher tempo offenses generally have more success due to tiring out the defense or defense unprepared (like the TD vs Pitt where Davis was left uncovered). Also why you see some fake injuries after long plays to get in the red zone giving the defense time to regroup.

We are 15/23 (65.2%) on the season.
Last year were 51/70 (72.8%).
2017 we were 23/35 (65.7%).
It is crazy that we had twice as many appearances in the red zone in ‘18 vs ‘17! Definitely didn’t feel that way.

Thanks for pulling the numbers.

It is crazy that we had twice as many appearances in the red zone in ‘18 vs ‘17! Definitely didn’t feel that way.

Thanks for pulling the numbers.
We scored a lot more long touchdowns ala Killins “he gone” or Trequan and Snelson hitting big plays. Also Hughes alone had at least 4 return touchdowns. We scored more offensive touchdowns in general last year than 2017.

We scored a lot more long touchdowns ala Killins “he gone” or Trequan and Snelson hitting big plays. Also Hughes alone had at least 4 return touchdowns. We scored more offensive touchdowns in general last year than 2017.
Tre'Quan left after 2017.

Kirby Smart obviously has no idea what he is doing. He should be fired. That was an unmotivated team that got beat by a 2-3 at home, with the other team playing a backup QB for like half the game. I guess they couldn’t adjust to the backup. It has nothing to do with kids having to properly execute plays, or the other team making plays.

Reactions: Knight_Light
I would put Mark Dantonio on the list. He is coming up shorter every year for a fan base that expects a whole lot more Sparty has been on a downward spiral since Narduzzi left them for Pitt. Narduzzi (spelling?) will be the next MSU coach. Heard it here first. Or not. Not to mention all the rape rape rape and rape stuff he knows nothing about.

In case Frost wasn’t added each of the past 3 weeks yet, I’ll add him against. 20 points in a span of 12 quarters.

Bronco Mendenhall.....you can't beat a 2-3 team who's only prior wins were Bethune Cookman and a 17-12 win over the Chippewas??? Garbage.

Jimbo Fischer...It's a rebuild. You can't expect me to turn the corner until at least year 5, especially since you gave me a 10 year contract. Hey, we beat Texas State, Lamar, and Arkansas (all at home).

Kirby Smart...we overlooked this game. We started focusing on Kentucky far too early. South Carolina is a "quality loss", they were 2-3 and have beat Charleston Southern and Kentucky (both at home).

Whoever coaches Wake Forest....you never know what can happen playing a home game against a 3-2 team. They own Kentucky. They beat Eastern Kentucky and Western Kentucky. BC is no slouch either, and Loserville had won only games at home.

Norvell.....In the post game he said he will be removing the plays that resulted in 4 turnovers from the playbook....he patted his own chest and said "That's on me." He also alluded that playing road games might be tough.

Kudos to the following coaches, who even in losing showed the program might not need to go in a new direction for at least another week. They are definitely on the hot seat....

Dan Mullen...regardless of what I think of the Gator's I've always thought he was a very good coach. The best thing that happened to the Gator's football season was Frank's getting hurt. If he was healthy they would have 3 losses by now. Makes you wonder, though, why a coach sits one QB even though it is completely obvious after watching them play for 5 minutes, about which one should be playing.

Ferentz...tight game. Yeah, it's a home loss. Two losses in a row to Michigan and Penn State. His only saving grace right now is a 18-17 win at Iowa State, or you could say he barely knows what he is doing. I don't think beating Miami (OH), Rutgers, and Middle Tennessee (all at home) counts for much. Good thing he coaches in the Big 10 West.

Tom Herman....the guy is 2-1 in conference play with a home game, away game, and neutral site game, on top of playing LSU at home. Let's see how they finish.

Last edited:
In case Frost wasn’t added each of the past 3 weeks yet, I’ll add him against. 20 points in a span of 12 quarters.
Frost was added the day he took that gig. We all knew that was a bad decision for him, whether he felt the calling or not. It wasn't just because of what took place at UCF, either. He needed speed, speed, speed, in Oregon as well, for their offense to work. I just don't see him getting enough weapons to go there, and their OL looks like garbage....worse than last year.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
NGEbraska is not beating Iowa or Wisconsin. Even at home

They need to win 2 out of the other 3 games just to be 6-6 and Bowl eligible

@Purdue, @Maryland, and home against Indiana

The writing is on the wall dude. There are those of us that saw the way the wind was blowing last season, so this is no surprise. As has been stated numerous times, KZ could make any coach look good. When CJH made a stupid call, KZ would find a way to make it work. Now that we don't have him, we are being routinely outcoached. Unless Heupel learns, he's only going to be a .500 coach.
Yup the hairline cracks were there last season, I think with all that we had happen though last season we either missed them or just kept it on the back burner and didn't say much. Undeafeted CHAMPIONS, , FROSTY skanking all the coaches and leaving, New coach to figure out, KZ going down, et.

Reactions: Yaes
I hope everyone remembers I was against Dino, and looking more at Richt (being defense-loving). But the second Frost was hired, I was like, "If we're going offense, Frost is so much better than Dino!"

I really think people aren't giving Heupel a fair shake, and remember how they treated Frost-Milton in 2016, even after 8-9 games. Let's re-evaluate Heupel-Gabriel after 8-9 games.
Definitely a case to be made for that argument. Do I think it will pan out though. NO. I sincerely hope he pulls it together, but I think he has shown to have some of these same issues in the past and just doesn't seem to be able to adjust. The frost-KZ combo in 16 was showing Improvement. JH? I'm not seeing it yet. Either way he's what we have and I support him. But I think if this continues we will be looking elsewhere fairly soon.

And I still think having Mack (dual threat) in would have won us those games at Pitt/Cincy. Our offense becomes fairly predictable when you realize DG ain't going anywhere.
FIFY

Unfortunately, Mack wasn't available for Pitt, and he's not going to be 100% until well after this season is over. We are stuck with Gabriel because Wimbush is not a good QB, and our dual threat QB designed for our original, 2018-2019 playbook was not available for the first 4 games, and won't be 100% until after this season is over.

That's why Heupel was forced to throw the QB#3 coming out of camp into the spotlight, including changing the offense to work around him. That is a lot to ask of a true freshman, and he's still the best pocket passing, true freshman QB we've ever had in my book.

Wimbush was never an option after his FAMU performance. Even he knew it.

FIFY

Unfortunately, Mack wasn't available for Pitt, and he's not going to be 100% until well after this season is over. We are stuck with Gabriel because Wimbush is not a good QB, and our dual threat QB designed for our original, 2018-2019 playbook was not available for the first 4 games, and won't be 100% until after this season is over.

That's why Heupel was forced to throw the QB#3 coming out of camp into the spotlight, including changing the offense to work around him. That is a lot to ask of a true freshman, and he's still the best pocket passing, true freshman QB we've ever had in my book.

Wimbush was never an option after his FAMU performance. Even he knew it.
I agree. I don't care if he was 22 of 25 in that game. It didn't look like our offense was being run with him out there. After one drive with Gabriel out there, it looked like our offense again. There was no option to play Wimbush any longer (unless DG got hurt).

Reminds me of 2014 where Dinovo was going to be our fix but once he got out there it just wasn't right. As soon as Holman played it looked like our offense again.

Reactions: UCFBS and Yaes
Definitely a case to be made for that argument. Do I think it will pan out though. NO. I sincerely hope he pulls it together, but I think he has shown to have some of these same issues in the past and just doesn't seem to be able to adjust. The frost-KZ combo in 16 was showing Improvement. JH? I'm not seeing it yet. Either way he's what we have and I support him. But I think if this continues we will be looking elsewhere fairly soon.
Frost KZ in 16 steadily got worse as season progressed. Competition didn’t get progressively better either.

ADVERTISEMENT