ADVERTISEMENT

Week 12 Coaches who should be fired.....

First 4 games 10 total TDS. Next 6 games 3 total TDS.

How many of the next 6 did Milton start in? Anyway after the first 2 that he didnt play/start in (was it Holman who was starting?), Milton threw 10 TDs in the next 9 games he played in including the Cure Bowl.

Last edited:
They stopped assuming that they were lining up against the best and that leads to a lot of letdowns. It's gotta be more than going 1-0. You have to believe that your next game is going to be your greatest challenge of the season. They got caught up in all the online chatter (noise). It happens a lot and again they don't have a KZ or defensive star who can will (make) a game winning TD. For this team to win 10 games at this point is going to take tremendous focus on details.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/LXBU...7a97cabe9cd95323259cc34f3cf74c60&rid=200.webp
200.webp

In 2016 the team just looked gassed the last 3 games, including the bowl game. I don't think it mattered who they played. The new tempo, workouts, diet, conditioning, etc....wore on kids that the season before had probably let themselves go some, both physically and mentally, and they hit a wall. That wasn't a problem in year 2 or 3, or this year. The difference this year is just execution. The conditioning seems fine.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Looks like he overall started moving his legs a little more and laid off the pass maybe (minus the last 2)? Just at a quick glance on those stats.
Maybe that's foreshadowing for DG too?
We can hope.

We blew both those teams out last year. Blew them off the field. Pretty much beat them in every way. I don’t believe that they have the same talent and I don’t rely 100% on recruiting rankings

The biggest variable this year is the QB situation. It may be the only variable. We could have made up for that with better playcalling and gameplanning IMO
Turnovers will bite you in any game. We win at Cincinnati with no turnovers. :sunglasses:

I agree. I don't care if he was 22 of 25 in that game. It didn't look like our offense was being run with him out there. After one drive with Gabriel out there, it looked like our offense again. There was no option to play Wimbush any longer (unless DG got hurt).

Reminds me of 2014 where Dinovo was going to be our fix but once he got out there it just wasn't right. As soon as Holman played it looked like our offense again.
People are lying to themselves on Wimbush, and don't realize Mack won't be 100%.

Had Mack not been injured, their arguments have merit. And I'm not against using Mack in the redzone as he gives us more short yardage options. But people literally need to 'wake up' to reality, just like those complaining about not seeing Holman did in 2016.

I'm tired of people blaming DG and Heupel for circumstances beyond their control.

People are lying to themselves on Wimbush, and don't realize Mack won't be 100%.

Had Mack not been injured, their arguments have merit. And I'm not against using Mack in the redzone as he gives us more short yardage options. But people literally need to 'wake up' to reality, just like those complaining about not seeing Holman did in 2016.

I'm tired of people blaming DG and Heupel for circumstances beyond their control.
Are you saying everything is beyond their control?

It should be another banner week for finding out which coaches are great, and which ones can't do much more than sit in a chair and drool on themselves. Here's some games to keep on eye on:
Florida @South Carolina
Oregon @Washington
Temple @SMU
Baylor @Oklahoma State
Arizona State @Utah
Michigan @Penn State
Boise State @BYU

I'm going with the home team in all games except South Carolina, SMU and BYU.

Last edited:
I am not offended. I just think much of the complaining is simplistic and unreasonable. I think many fans have an over inflated view of the value of our program and unreasonable expectations. That is not defeatist, it is reality. One of the reasons that Scott Frost had a hard time leaving was because UCF is a place where a coach has freedom to try new things, with expectations of winning but without the unreasonable expectations of programs that expect to have perennial NC expectations every year. As well as we have done, it was going to end. Yet, two losses and people are jumping on JH. It has no basis in reality and is unwarranted. It comes across as whiny and entitled and now thanks to social media the players have to respond. I don't believe this attitude is at all in line with who UCF is. We have been proud without being arrogant and demanding.

I didnt feel entitled but I am worried about a coach who has the potential to have a 5-7 win season after two undefeated regular seasons. A coach who hasn't wowed me yet in recruiting. And especially a coach that we unnecessarily extended early. It could be we found a diamond in the rough but it also could be that going down the USF route of paying coaches too much to be rid of them.

Reactions: GoKnights2003
I didnt feel entitled but I am worried about a coach who has the potential to have a 5-7 win season after two undefeated regular seasons. A coach who hasn't wowed me yet in recruiting. And especially a coach that we unnecessarily extended early. It could be we found a diamond in the rough but it also could be that going down the USF route of paying coaches too much to be rid of them.
I tend to agree.

No clue but the problem was definitely not their offense who use to be #14 (last) in the SEC and were turned into the #1 Offense (first).

Team went 2-6 and QB had a 55% completion percentage.

And are you selectively forgetting that he was fired as OC at oklahoma.

Last edited:
Team went 2-6 and QB had a 55% completion percentage.

And are you selectively forgetting that he was fired as OC at oklahoma.
Honestly, his offense wasn’t that great at Utah State, but people don’t even know that

people just don’t do their research and try to fool knowledgeable fans with superficial stats

Last edited:
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2015-team-offense.html

64th in the nation. They went 6-7 and had 14 and 17 points vs PAC-12 teams

They were 82nd the year before and went from 26.9 points to 29 points. Not sure why he left

I’m assuming his Oklahoma ties were attractive to Missouri. More it’s “who you know.”

Bet you not a lot of people know this

Last edited:
Missouri 2017 Strength of Schedule Ranking #53. Padded stats against UConn, Idaho, Missouri State, Arkansas. Blowout losses to ranked Auburn and Georgia.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Hey.., what do we know, we don’t make 2 million dollars a year, so we should STFU

Oh by the way UCF's 2017 SOS #54, and beat Auburn, plus everybody else.
Josh Heupel was saying how scary good Auburn was prior to that game from what I remember

Sure they were Heup. For Missouri and your offense :joy: Not the team you’re taking over
Don’t screw it up

I mean, what am I stating that isn’t factual???

I really don’t care who the coach or QB is. Just win games

Last edited:
Reactions: Yaes
ADVERTISEMENT