ADVERTISEMENT

Week 12 Coaches who should be fired.....

Well, it seems to me nobody is worth their pay these days because they can't win every single game put in front of them. With that said, no program should ever consider hiring Saban or Franklin. What were those Universities thinking?

Saban: Must have forgot they had a game this week because that first half was god awful as they stood around watching LSU do whatever they wanted to do on offense. Players were sleep-walking. I think I got it figured out, though. They just weren't motivated for that game, especially knowing that even if they lost they probably still make the CFI. Personally, I think that was the game plan all along. I mean, why put all that stress and strain on players to play in the SEC Title game when you can simply skip it and give yourself a chance to reach your goals anyways. Smart Nick.....smart! I see what you are doing there, wink, wink.

Franklin: You lost to this team: Last conference title of any kind (shared in this case) was 1969. Wow, you lost to that. Let that sink in. "It doesn't matter what your name is!", says The Rock.

Orgeron: Great win.
Day: Off (it was Maryland so they had another bye week. Don't feel bad for Maryland, though, as the Big 10 Media deal alone paid them over 3 million dollars to play in that game.)
Dabo: Total domination of opponent.
Wittingham: Off
Rhule: Triple OT win at 4-4 TCU....slippin' man, you're slippin'. This guy is on the hot seat with Texas and Oklahoma still to play. ****I've been pondering whether to remove this guy anyways. I mean, the NCAA did say the refs totally F'ed up the Texas Tech game and Baylor probably should have lost it (Tech scored a TD in the related OT possession). You'd think the pollsters would act accordingly but they are sheep.****
PJ Fleck: Statement win at home for the Golden Gophers. One win does not make a season, though. Now you have to win games that have become "games that matter" @Iowa and Wisconsin.
Luke Fickel: Off (it was UConn so they had another bye week)

And so we are down to The Magnificant 7. These are Week 12 games of note:
Minnesota @Iowa
Oklahoma @Baylor

Last edited:
....and then there was 4.

Orgeron: Dominant victory.
Day: Dominant victory.
Dabo: Dominant victory.
Wittingham: Dominant victory.
Rhule: Up 31-10 at half, this guy proceeds to start the victory lap early. What he didn't realize is his team was out of gas and they'll never finish the lap. How does this happen? Easy. The guy doesn't understand his players. It's obvious. Any one of a dozen adjustments and they win but he couldn't even find one thing to make a difference. A coach who can't change is never going to accomplish anything. Baylor might as well cut bait now and move on.
PJ Fleck: Tough road game.....loss. Overrated! Overrated! Overrated!
Luke Fickel: Surviving because the other team is even more inept than you are. USF misses 4 FGs. Even one would have put the game to OT. He made some good halftime adjustments but a real coach would have made adjustents real-time in the first half, or even before the game began. The nerve of these so-called great coaches.

Next week has some tough match ups and one ring-dinger:
Orgeron: Arkansas at home. No problem.
Day: vs Penn State. Everything is on the line for the Buckeyes.
Dabo: Off
Luke Fickel: Temple. Lets hope they choke.

Last edited:
I got rid of Wittingham. Yeah, you lose to what is now a 7-4 team you can’t possibly be CFI material. Cristobal is gone because they lost the first game of the season to a team playing a true freshman QB, while you are playing potentially the #1 pick.

Skippy Holtz was getting it done at LA Tech until he lost to Marsha. Current record 8-2 Remind why the Bulls dumped him.:sunglasses:

I am posting to one of the most ridiculous threads just to add to the stupidity of the topic.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
I agree with you. But I want a Offense Coordinator for UCF.. .we need to add to our system and I hope our coaching staff sees this.
I am firmly against the head coach solely calling plays. Never hurts. Look what Taafe did for UCF. Never hurts to have an additional knowledgeable coach. CJH and even CSF now need to be involved more in the entire program

I am posting to one of the most ridiculous threads just to add to the stupidity of the topic.
...and yet there are still 2-3 weeks of games and Bowl season to prove that the final 4 coaches are also a bunch of worthless hacks. At the end of they day, my guess is Day and Orgeron will be the only guys in college football who know what they are doing. Every other program might as well just throw in the towel and move on from their current coaches.

Last edited:
...and yet there are still 2-3 weeks of games and Bowl season to prove that the final 4 coaches are also a bunch of worthless hacks. At the end of they day, my guess is Day and Orgeron will be the only guys in college football who knows what they are doing.
Your post absolutely takes out a bunch of variables. Apples and orange. It doesn’t at all address the manner of which losses occurred, talent discrepancyu, coaching adjustments, injuries, etc. It also is posted weekly and doesn’t address multiple losses

Fact is that UCF hasn’t been good against the spread this year and few are amused or agreeing with your thread, so what does that tell you??

I know that you’re trying to be cute, but I’ll be the one to say with all due respect that this post is a bit annoying. Especially, since FEW, IF ANY ARE EVEN ASKING FOR CJH TO BE FIRED.

Your post absolutely takes out a bunch of variables. Apples and orange. It doesn’t at all address the manner of which losses occurred, talent discrepancyu, coaching adjustments, injuries, etc. It also is posted weekly and doesn’t address multiple losses

Fact is that UCF hasn’t been good against the spread this year and few are amused or agreeing with your thread, so what does that tell you??

I know that you’re trying to be cute, but I’ll be the one to say with all due respect that this post is a bit annoying. Especially, since FEW, IF ANY ARE EVEN ASKING FOR CJH TO BE FIRED.
Easy solution. Then don't read it. I can't help myself when I see far too many people thinking we are Bama, Clemson or Ohio State, and we can just continue winning 11-12 games every season like it's just par for the course. We're not built like that. I'm not saying we need to regress back to what we were like until about 2009 either. An "off" year for us should hopefully be no worse than 8-9 wins. I'd be more than happy with that. I also expect this team to be better next season because primarily, there should be growth at the QB position.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
My guess is frost this week after losing to Maryland.
I started this focusing on coaches that are on ranked teams. Every other coach was already worthless because they couldn't even get their team ranked. I mean, you just make some simple in-game adjustments in each game, and voila, you win games.

Easy solution. Then don't read it. I can't help myself when I see far too many people thinking we are Bama, Clemson or Ohio State, and we can just continue winning 11-12 games every season like it's just par for the course. We're not built like that. I'm not saying we need to regress back to what we were like until about 2009 either. An "off" year for us should hopefully be no worse than 8-9 wins. I'd be more than happy with that. I also expect this team to be better next season because primarily, there should be growth at the QB position.
Then we simply disagree. I shouldn’t and won’t be more than happy with 8 wins anymore. Sure we can have 8, but I won’t accept that right now and I’m far from alone.

Reactions: GoKnights2003
I guess now we are comparing losses to Auburn and losses to Tulsa.

Fickle is Einhorn....and is thrown into the dumpster with the rest of the riff-raff. I mean Memphis was only 10-1 so for sure they aren’t that good, even at home. Jesus man, figure it out.

We’re down to three:
1. Orgeron
2. Day
3. Dabo

Tulsa plays in the AAC. 4 wins

Auburn plays in the SEC. 9 wins

Losses aren’t based on one play and all losses aren’t created equal.

When CJH wins a bunch of national championships, we will give him a break on 12 men on the field penalty.

In fairness there is probably a thread on the Bama message board about firing Saban at this very moment.

I wonder how many coaches will be plucked from the American?
TOP NAMES FOR COACHING POSITIONS
Outside of Norvell, Boise State’s Bryan Harsin and Cincinnati’s Luke Fickell, there aren’t a lot of hot candidates coming out of the Group of Five this year, although UAB’s Bill Clark, Louisiana-Lafayette’s Billy Napier and Hawaii’s Nick Rolovich are worth a look. Charlotte’s Will Healy and Appalachian State’s Eli Drinkwitz have both been impressive in their first seasons.

Among the assistants who will generate interest are LSU passing game coordinator Joe Brady, Clemson co-offensive coordinators Tony Elliott and Jeff Scott, Notre Dame offensive coordinator Chip Long, Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables, Georgia defensive coordinator Dan Lanning, Penn State defensive coordinator Brent Pry and Ohio State defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley.

This could also be a year where schools take a look at some retreads or coaches who have already been at the Power Five level and are working their way back up. Larry Fedora, Gene Chizik, Todd Graham, Bret Bielema and Schiano are all available and could get another shot. Alabama offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian, Ole Miss defensive coordinator Mike MacIntyre and Liberty coach Hugh Freeze have all won big in the past as head coaches, done credible jobs this year and could be attractive to the right program.
:sunglasses:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-move-five-questions-changes-loom/4307668002/

ADVERTISEMENT