18. Michigan
19. Louisville
20. Iowa State
21. Clemson
22. Nebraska
23. Northern Illinois
24. Illinois
25. Texas A&M

Others receiving votes: Memphis 77, Boise St. 62, Syracuse 62, UNLV 54, Boston College 47, Washington St. 30, Arizona 15, Iowa 15, Indiana 13, California 11, Liberty 10, Toledo 9, UCF 6, South Carolina 3, North Carolina 3, Arizona St. 3, BYU 2, Pitt 1

Dropped from rankings: Arizona 20, Boston College 24

FBS COACHES POLL - WEEK 4

1. Georgia (42)
2. Texas (10)
3. Ohio State (3)
4. Alabama
5. Ole Miss
6. Oregon
7. Tennessee
8(t). Missouri
8(t). Penn State
10. Utah
11. Miami
12. USC
13. Oklahoma
14. Kansas State
15. Oklahoma State
16. LSU
17. Michigan
18. Notre Dame
19. Clemson
20. Louisville
21. Iowa State
22. Nebraska
23. Memphis
24. Texas A&M
25. UNLV

Others receiving votes: Illinois 75, Washington State 38, Arizona 37, Northern Illinois 34, Syracuse 32, UCF 27, Iowa 17, Pittsburgh 17, Boise State 17, Arizona State 15, North Carolina 14, NC State 12, California 10, Indiana 7, Liberty 6, Michigan State 6, Boston College 6, BYU 3, Washington 2, Toledo 1, James Madison 1, South Florida 1, San José State 1

Dropped from rankings: Arizona 18, Washington 22

AP Poll - Week 4

1. Texas (35)
2. Georgia (23)
3. Ohio State (5)
4. Alabama
5. Ole Miss
6. Tennessee
7. Missouri
8. Miami FL
9. Oregon
10. Penn State
11. USC
12. Utah
13. Kansas State
14. Oklahoma State
15. Oklahoma
16. LSU
17. Notre Dame
18. Michigan
19. Louisville
20. Iowa State
21. Clemson
22. Nebraska
23. Northern Illinois
24. Illinois
25. Texas A&M

Others receiving votes: Memphis 77, Boise St. 62, Syracuse 62, UNLV 54, Boston College 47, Washington St. 30, Arizona 15, Iowa 15, Indiana 13, California 11, Liberty 10, Toledo 9, UCF 6, South Carolina 3, North Carolina 3, Arizona St. 3, BYU 2, Pitt 1

Dropped from rankings: Arizona 20, Boston College 24

FBS COACHES POLL - WEEK 4

1. Georgia (42)
2. Texas (10)
3. Ohio State (3)
4. Alabama
5. Ole Miss
6. Oregon
7. Tennessee
8(t). Missouri
8(t). Penn State
10. Utah
11. Miami
12. USC
13. Oklahoma
14. Kansas State
15. Oklahoma State
16. LSU
17. Michigan
18. Notre Dame
19. Clemson
20. Louisville
21. Iowa State
22. Nebraska
23. Memphis
24. Texas A&M
25. UNLV

Others receiving votes: Illinois 75, Washington State 38, Arizona 37, Northern Illinois 34, Syracuse 32, UCF 27, Iowa 17, Pittsburgh 17, Boise State 17, Arizona State 15, North Carolina 14, NC State 12, California 10, Indiana 7, Liberty 6, Michigan State 6, Boston College 6, BYU 3, Washington 2, Toledo 1, James Madison 1, South Florida 1, San José State 1

Dropped from rankings: Arizona 18, Washington 22
Alabama coach voted for South Florida.

People who worry about polls up before weeks 6-8 are the same kind of people who care about uniform combos and what color your fans are supposed to wear to the game.

This is not pointed at the OP. He just posted them.

Reactions: major.tom.foolery
People who worry about polls up before weeks 6-8 are the same kind of people who care about uniform combos and what color your fans are supposed to wear to the game.

In other words, people who watch football in the 21st century. (yes I don't care much about uniforms, except Space, or fan colors, but you have to get into the 20th century at least dude.)

Well, we gotta get in the top 12 eventually to make the CFP. These polls do have an affect on people's perceptions and TV/media coverage. Talking points. Polls do matter. I find it interesting that people keep disparaging polls. It's like been a part of College Football for over 100 years. Catch up people. Getting votes in both AP and Coach polls do matter. Especially coming up for the first CFP poll (the one that counts the most). Preseason polls get some things wrong for sure and the cream rises to the top eventually. Keep winning and get up there UCF!

BWU (Bye Week U) is probably gonna take our votes away from next week polls. :p :p :p

Reactions: Willie Knightime
Well, we gotta get in the top 12 eventually to make the CFP. These polls do have an affect on people's perceptions and TV/media coverage. Talking points. Polls do matter. I find it interesting that people keep disparaging polls. It's like been a part of College Football for over 100 years. Catch up people. Getting votes in both AP and Coach polls do matter. Especially coming up for the first CFP poll (the one that counts the most). Preseason polls get some things wrong for sure and the cream rises to the top eventually. Keep winning and get up there UCF!

BWU (Bye Week U) is probably gonna take our votes away from next week polls. :p :p :p
if we win the big12, polls do not matter. just win baby....

I have a feeling we are on the Dr. Pepper hype train...

Polls matter after week 6. I mean, the team FSU put on the field was never a top 10 team. By week 6, you can see where the teams are actually at. If UCF keeps winning, we will get numbers after our name. I can see 2 teams from our conference being in the Top 12 at the end of the season. Though I can hear the SEC bitching about 4 teams not being enough. It will be interesting to see if a G5 team is able to make it to the playoffs or perform well there!

It will be interesting to see if a G5 team is able to make it to the playoffs or perform well there!
With the 12 team format a G5 is guaranteed a spot a spot in the playoff. I think it says the 5 highest ranked conference champions plus the next 7 ranked teams. What I don’t know is if The PAC2 champion gets a bid.

And all of these are incredibly important! :) You'll come to the dark side eventually. And by week 6-8 those same fans are saying build the coach a statue if the winning continues. By the time the playoffs are here, if their team is in they're naming their kids after the coach. And if a Natty happens, they build a shrine to the coach in their home. Then in the offseason they donate lots of money to the program and buy an RV to up their tailgating game. Fanaticism at its finest. Let's not rain on their parade.

• Haha
Reactions: Central Floridave
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT