ADVERTISEMENT

Week 12 Coaches who should be fired.....

I hope everyone remembers I was against Dino, and looking more at Richt (being defense-loving). But the second Frost was hired, I was like, "If we're going offense, Frost is so much better than Dino!"

I really think people aren't giving Heupel a fair shake, and remember how they treated Frost-Milton in 2016, even after 8-9 games. Let's re-evaluate Heupel-Gabriel after 8-9 games.

What if ECU takes us to the wire, or heaven forbid wins the game. What then. Mayhem!!!

Lol you also said we would lose big to Memphis in the CCG after Milton went down and predicted Wimbush would be the starter. Now Nostradamus is predicting we will be a .500 team going forward? Sign me up for that bet.

Needs citation. I don't recall ever saying we'd lose big to anyone. In fact, I go into every game expecting us to win. All I said last year was Mack was not that good. We almost lost to ECU with him.

And um, Wimbush was the starter at the beginning of the season.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Needs citation. I don't recall ever saying we'd lose big to anyone. In fact, I go into every game expecting us to win. All I said last year was Mack was not that good. We almost lost to ECU with him.

And um, Wimbush was the starter at the beginning of the season.
UCF 37 ECU 10. It was 20-3 at halftime. Nothing close about that game. Yes, Mack was, as Jim Cramer would say, sub-optimal. We ran on them for more than 300 yards.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
UCF 37 ECU 10. It was 20-3 at halftime. Nothing close about that game. Yes, Mack was, as Jim Cramer would say, sub-optimal. We ran on them for more than 300 yards.
Mack ran all over them. Had like a 70 or 80 yarder called back as well

It was a bit closer. “Almost lost” is certainly not the case. It was 23-10 with 10 minutes to go and ECU was threatening to score. They had 3rd and goal and fumbled and UCF returned it for a score. Then we added another touchdown later.

ECU has a new head coach that knows how to win, 83-28 record. Fortunately he's in rebuilding mode right now.

As was already replied, that game was a lot closer than the final score shows. We got saved there when things were rolling their direction. I know many Knight fans had some clenched sphincters going into the drive where ECU was about to score again...

Reactions: Poolside Knight
As was already replied, that game was a lot closer than the final score shows. We got saved there when things were rolling their direction. I know many Knight fans had some clenched sphincters going into the drive where ECU was about to score again...
Couple inches and ball security away from a 6 point game with single digit minutes left.

EZU collapsed after that fumble 98/99 yard scoop n score

I was being sarcastic....I was saying all those other great coaches should get fired as well because they don't win every game. I always believe a coaching change necessitates at least one 4 year cycle (a full class going through the program) before you pull the plug, I mean, unless they demonstrate futility.
Gotcha. I’ve been out of it all days and I’m already not the best at detecting sarcasm online, lol. Just don’t want to be like us and have seven head coaches in five years! [jumpingsmile]

Interesting take. Heupel had much more experience as an assistant than Frost coming in. You mention “wondering after losing KZ” and that he doesn’t look like the answer when except for some tough breaks the team is 6-0. Also funny since Frost hasn’t exactly been killing it without Milton and his coaching blunders late In games have cost Nebraska a handful of times already (as they did at UCF in 2016).
I am not sure the losses can be attributed to only "some tough breaks." Or is that going to be the excuse whenever we lose a game?

Ummm ... I think Heupel had more credentials than Frost for a HC job. I also remember the mud slung at Frost in 2016 as well ... especially over the QB nod and playbook.

Especially as he was turning the ball over even more than DG.
Perhaps I am mistaken. What great credentials did Heupel have that Frost didn't?

ucfsports where debate is not allowed. If we had a road game at Tuscaloosa or Athens as 8+ point dogs and just lost bc we are outmanned is one thing, the last 2 losses were not that case and there are several non UCF fans like Bill C that agree

and with that who has called for his firing here?
UCFsports where people get bent out of shape when their ridiculous opinions get called out. Where spoiled UCF fans talk like they deserve better; where fans without concept of how awesome the program currently is keep looking over the imaginary fence to see greener grass. Where 2 losses in 16 games get people bent out of shape. Get grip people.

Reactions: Nyght Shadow
I am not sure the losses can be attributed to only "some tough breaks." Or is that going to be the excuse whenever we lose a game?
It doesn’t apply for every loss. There are losses that aren’t close, that don’t come down to a few plays and where you can’t pinpoint mistakes that are unusual that directly led to the loss. Certainly those types of losses exist.

Perhaps I am mistaken. What great credentials did Heupel have that Frost didn't?

For starters: Unlike Frost, Heupel took the worst offense in a P5 Conf and turned them into the #1 Offense in their P5 Conf.

Next question?

I agree. He's new to being head coach. I just hope he's willing to learn, and isn't stubborn.

Not like another old head coach we had. Hopefully Huepel is young enough to learn from his mistakes instead of only blaming his players. Sometimes you have to look inward and that gets harder for older people because they become extremely vested over time in their beliefs and values.

UCFsports where people get bent out of shape when their ridiculous opinions get called out. Where spoiled UCF fans talk like they deserve better; where fans without concept of how awesome the program currently is keep looking over the imaginary fence to see greener grass. Where 2 losses in 16 games get people bent out of shape. Get grip people.
I was a fan during 0-12 and GOL mediocrity .

Last edited:
For starters: Unlike Frost, Heupel took the worst offense in a P5 Conf and turned them into the #1 Offense in their P5 Conf.

Next question?

Come on. Do you really want to compare credentials and pedigrees? If you do, I believe Heupel loses hands down. Your argument is Heupel took the worst offense in a P5 Conf and turned them into the #1 Offense in their P5 Conf. Well Frost took a 0 - 12 team and in three years went undefeated for two years and won the 2018 Peach Bowl defeating 7th ranked Auburn. Heupel inherited a National Championship team, and lost the 2019 Fiesta Bowl to 11th ranked LSU. He has since lost to Pitt and Cincinnati. What success Heupel has had is due in large part to the players Frost recruited and trained and in Heupel’s first year being smart enough to continue using Frost’s system. If you want to go farther you can compare Frost’s 6 years in the NFL after being drafted in the 3rd round and Heupel’s two years of unsuccessfully trying to make an NFL roster after being drafted in the 6th round. Not making it in the NFL he turned to coaching. Finally Frost’s record with Oregon is far more impressive than Heupel’s at Missouri. In Frost’s three seasons as the Ducks' offensive coordinator, Oregon recorded a 33–7 record and finished every year among the nation's top six teams in terms of both scoring offense and total offense. And please, don’t tell me Missouri even comes close in comparison to the Ducks.

Next comment.

Come on. Do you really want to compare credentials and pedigrees? If you do, I believe Heupel loses hands down. Your argument is Heupel took the worst offense in a P5 Conf and turned them into the #1 Offense in their P5 Conf. Well Frost took a 0 - 12 team and in three years went undefeated for two years and won the 2018 Peach Bowl defeating 7th ranked Auburn. Heupel inherited a National Championship team, and lost the 2019 Fiesta Bowl to 11th ranked LSU. He has since lost to Pitt and Cincinnati. What success Heupel has had is due in large part to the players Frost recruited and trained and in Heupel’s first year being smart enough to continue using Frost’s system. If you want to go farther you can compare Frost’s 6 years in the NFL after being drafted in the 3rd round and Heupel’s two years of unsuccessfully trying to make an NFL roster after being drafted in the 6th round. Not making it in the NFL he turned to coaching. Finally Frost’s record with Oregon is far more impressive than Heupel’s at Missouri. In Frost’s three seasons as the Ducks' offensive coordinator, Oregon recorded a 33–7 record and finished every year among the nation's top six teams in terms of both scoring offense and total offense. And please, don’t tell me Missouri even comes close in comparison to the Ducks.

Next comment.
[thumb2]

I’m not sure message boards are for you

Everyone of your statements are not statements made by a winner. It’s a loser, inferiority complex mentality

Go back to eating hamburger, since your not constantly craving steak

When @SCKnight started following UCF, they barely had helmets, so stop being so ungrateful you spoiled pussies :joy:

we can go back and forth but if you want the most objective view on Heupel or Frost go look at how your conference peers and Rivals view them. I think there are objective views here but everyone automatically assumes there is an agenda or bias behind it.

Come on. Do you really want to compare credentials and pedigrees?

All I did was answer your question about what credentials did Heupel have that Frost didn't.

That's all...sorry someone like me dared to answer it.

Next time...just pay closer attention...as I never noted which one was better or who might be a better overall HC. All I did was answer with a fact that Heupel had that Frost didn't. Nothing more...nothing less...yet for some reason, that put your panties in a bunch for no apparent reason.

Reactions: hemightbejeremy
All I did was answer your question about what credentials did Heupel have that Frost didn't.

Next time...just pay closer attention...as I never noted which one was better or who might be a better overall HC. All I did was answer with a fact that Heupel had that Frost didn't. Nothing more...nothing less...yet for some reason, that put your panties in a bunch for no apparent reason.
Look, we lost 2 games and they were winnable. I actually pegged these games as possible losses and pretty much chalked up Cincinnati as a loss. Tulane is possibly the third loss. I thought bad luck would be the reason you can’t win them all. Like Gabe Davis slipping, the Pitt Special or a missed field goal

That being said, after the season unfolded, all 3 games became more than winnable and we have lost 2, because we let teams get off to a good start or hang around due to coaching issues

As a fan, I would like to see better from the coaching staff. Plain and simple

Reactions: Yaes

Isn't that the same as saying Heupel has better credentials than Frost? Giving only one fact doesn't tell us anything. And just between you and me, i don't wear panties but some people do get my shorts in a wad. LOL

I’m not sure message boards are for you

Everyone of your statements are not statements made by a winner. It’s a loser, inferiority complex mentality

Go back to eating hamburger, since your not constantly craving steak

Good for you to have your visions of grandeur. Since you are such a "winner" you should be somewhere more important. But there is a reason you are here on a message board rather than on the sidelines. Name calling is the first line of defense of the weak minded. Good job

When @SCKnight started following UCF, they barely had helmets, so stop being so ungrateful you spoiled pussies :joy:

Yup. Was here well before you and obviously have more understanding of reality than you, as well as manners. You are the poster child for bad logic and internet insults. But what can you expect from a fan who really has nothing from which to understand perspective. When you grow up a little you will look back at your statements and cringe. Until then I guess you can go ahead and throw a tantrum every time the coach makes a mistake.

Good for you to have your visions of grandeur. Since you are such a "winner" you should be somewhere more important. But there is a reason you are here on a message board rather than on the sidelines. Name calling is the first line of defense of the weak minded. Good job
Once again, you have a loser mentality.

Stop deflecting. Your posts are filled with nothing but namecalling and innuendos

I know that YOU WOULD NEVER be on the sidelines. There’s no room in college football for people with no ambition and who are content with mediocrity and only occasional, but not sustained success

Yup. Was here well before you and obviously have more understanding of reality than you, as well as manners. You are the poster child for bad logic and internet insults. But what can you expect from a fan who really has nothing from which to understand perspective. When you grow up a little you will look back at your statements and cringe. Until then I guess you can go ahead and throw a tantrum every time the coach makes a mistake.
Nobody here gives a crap that you’re a “get off my lawn” grouchy old man who’s been following UCF football since they played Russia. It means nothing here when you’re content with mediocrity and never question anything because it will put a weed in your perfect little garden in Neverneverland

I’m a winner and I like to win. I’m not alone here

Some are ok with a few losses, but you’re OK with mediocrity. That’s unacceptable

Reactions: Yaes
Nobody here gives a crap that you’re a “get off my lawn” grouchy old man who’s been following UCF football since they played Russia. It means nothing here when you’re content with mediocrity and never question anything because it will put a weed in your perfect little garden in Neverneverland

Ahh... youth... so full of all knowledge, wisdom and arrogance; the world so black and white; knowing everything. I remember when I thought this way. I guess you just can't help yourself.

Ahh... youth... so full of all knowledge, wisdom and arrogance; the world so black and white; knowing everything. I remember when I thought this way. I guess you just can't help yourself.
Why do you continue to get offended by fans who want to win every game that’s winnable?
What is wrong with that? I paid my dues as a loyal fan for long enough. I’m not going anywhere else ever

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Why do you continue to get offended by fans who want to win every game that’s winnable?
What is wrong with that? I paid my dues as a loyal fan for long enough. I’m not going anywhere else ever
I am not offended. I just think much of the complaining is simplistic and unreasonable. I think many fans have an over inflated view of the value of our program and unreasonable expectations. That is not defeatist, it is reality. One of the reasons that Scott Frost had a hard time leaving was because UCF is a place where a coach has freedom to try new things, with expectations of winning but without the unreasonable expectations of programs that expect to have perennial NC expectations every year. As well as we have done, it was going to end. Yet, two losses and people are jumping on JH. It has no basis in reality and is unwarranted. It comes across as whiny and entitled and now thanks to social media the players have to respond. I don't believe this attitude is at all in line with who UCF is. We have been proud without being arrogant and demanding.

Reactions: UCFBS and Ucfmikes
ADVERTISEMENT