ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome to the Trump Shutdown

Boo hoo hooo! The "government" shuts down for a week and it's the end of the world. What pathetic child's play. Try a real shut down like the ones that last years, Belgium, Ireland. What a joke.

Reactions: footnfan1
The best line of the argument was Pelosi saying we will have the most transparent congress ever than crying out to get behind closed doors out of sight to discuss Wall/shut down.

Reactions: UCFWayne
LOL My little toadie is nipping at my ankles again. :)

I'm just wondering when you'll come into the thread where you ignorantly called someone a racist, lied about why you did, then ran away when confronted.

You have time to create worthless new threads but not time to answer for being a lying coward.

Reactions: fabknight
I'm just wondering when you'll come into the thread where you ignorantly called someone a racist, lied about why you did, then ran away when confronted.

You have time to create worthless new threads but not time to answer for being a lying coward.
im sure a simple apology would do but then hed go back on it a few days later anyway since hes already stated he still thinks fab is a racist against hispanics even though hes married to one.

how much did we give to iran for essentially nothing? we cant spare some money for a needed wall?

As long as he gets some money for the wall I am all for it. Why does the gov't even have non essential personnel?

As long as he gets some money for the wall I am all for it. Why does the gov't even have non essential personnel?
There are a ton of non-essential personnel in the DoD that administer contracts that go on a paid vacation during “shutdowns.” It’s a joke. It’s not like shutdowns save any money when they pay the employees for it as if they worked. The people that get hurt by the show are the contractors that can’t work during a shutdown and the people who need government services that aren’t provided. The government sure as hell takes care of its own though.

A week from Friday is the deadline. Hopefully Mexico will pay for the Wall before then as Trump promised us. :)

as of this post, its at $5.9m dollars in just 3 days. people want the wall.

oh and trump just said he wouldnt sign the bill unless there is money for the wall.

as of this post, its at $5.9m dollars in just 3 days. people want the wall.

Yeah boy, you're almost to 1% of your billion dollar goal!!!

Only thing is:
1) the wall will cost 25 billion dollars without the 150 million dollars a year maintenance; and
2) I could have sworn Trump promised his voters that Mexico would pay for it.

Let Trump double-down by shutting down the Government and we'll see what happens.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Yeah boy, you're almost to 1% of your billion dollar goal!!!

Only thing is:
1) the wall will cost 25 billion dollars without the 150 million dollars a year maintenance; and
2) I could have sworn Trump promised his voters that Mexico would pay for it.

Let Trump double-down by shutting down the Government and we'll see what happens.
since i made that post its up to $7.4m

1. pretty much every where im reading it will be $5b and yes im ok with maintenance costs
2. anyone with a brain realized that statement was just a politician being a politician.
2a. i would actually be ok with taking all the aid money we send to central america and using it to build it.

are you even aware how much money illegal immigrants cost this country each year?

besides ive already stated im more than happy the gov will shut down. the longer the better.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :)

pretty much every where im reading it will be $5b and yes im ok with maintenance costs
Do a quick GOOGLE search and see if the various figures you come up with are in my ballpark or yours.
anyone with a brain realized that statement was just a politician being a politician.
Mexico paying for the wall? ABSOLUTELY. But Joe Sixpack bought Trump's BS hook, line, and sinker.

Reactions: NinjaKnight

1. pretty much every where im reading it will be $5b and yes im ok with maintenance costs
2. anyone with a brain realized that statement was just a politician being a politician.
2a. i would actually be ok with taking all the aid money we send to central america and using it to build it.

are you even aware how much money illegal immigrants cost this country each year?

besides ive already stated im more than happy the gov will shut down. the longer the better.

:joy::joy::joy:. Remember when people like Wayne said they liked Trump because he's not a politician? Jesus Christ this shit is just hilarious. It's like a front row seat view into the mind of a fuking moron.

The Conservatives were the ones who pushed Trump to double down on his wall. Wall Street was having a bad December before but now is really in free fall.

I've heard people here say, 'I don't care, let the Government shut down.' Better be careful what you wish for.

I turned on Fox & Friends this morning to see how they were handling the Maddus resignation. During the hour I tuned in I heard them blast out-going Senator Frakes for his vote on the carbon tax bill, a segment about city blight, and one on political correctness. I honestly tried to hang in there longer but I gave up waiting for them to cover anything from the WH.

Oh, but they did have a 'countdown to the shutdown' clock at the bottom of the screen that was So cute! I can see now why it's Trump's favorite morning show.

You would hope that the aid sent to Central America would be used to improve those countries so that their citizens wouldn’t feel the need to migrate to the US. Building those countries up would be a far better solution than building a wall.

Except that we have corruption on all sides of the aid. The money goes to benefit the wealthy there and the wealthy here. Even charities like the Clinton Foundation. So, here we are trying to fund a wall after decades of funding aid and charities that should’ve eliminated the reason for the wall in the first place. Seems like the wrong solution to me.

You would hope that the aid sent to Central America would be used to improve those countries so that their citizens wouldn’t feel the need to migrate to the US. Building those countries up would be a far better solution than building a wall.

Foreign aid is kind of like the old Fram Oil commercials, "Pay me now, or pay me later." Every dollar of foreign aid helps us avoid paying out the nose if and when military action is required.

You talk about foreign aid corruption and frankly, I'm not versed enough to really know how prevalent it is or isn't. But one of my pet peeves is that our State Department people "on the ground" are all so ingrained in their own little elite, "state department" culture (where ever they are living) that they rarely have a damn clue what's really going on in the countries they are supposedly representing. It's the reason why we've done so many stupid, ham-handed things around the world -- during both Democrat & Republican administrations -- over my lifetime.

I am all in Shut er down. As a conservative less Government is a good thing. Trump wants to secure the border, so shuts down govt. Pelosi and Schumer want to deny Trump a victory and keep the drug and gang members flowing.. so they prefer shutting down gov't instead. Hell we spend 10 bil a year on health care for illegal invaders, 5 mil is Trump change.

I am all in Shut er down. As a conservative less Government is a good thing. Trump wants to secure the border, so shuts down govt. Pelosi and Schumer want to deny Trump a victory and keep the drug and gang members flowing.. so they prefer shutting down gov't instead. Hell we spend 10 bil a year on health care for illegal invaders, 5 mil is Trump change.

This is what happens when you don't go to college, children.

Foreign aid is kind of like the old Fram Oil commercials, "Pay me now, or pay me later." Every dollar of foreign aid helps us avoid paying out the nose if and when military action is required.

You talk about foreign aid corruption and frankly, I'm not versed enough to really know how prevalent it is or isn't. But one of my pet peeves is that our State Department people "on the ground" are all so ingrained in their own little elite, "state department" culture (where ever they are living) that they rarely have a damn clue what's really going on in the countries they are supposedly representing. It's the reason why we've done so many stupid, ham-handed things around the world -- during both Democrat & Republican administrations -- over my lifetime.
Your last paragraph is true for the leadership especially. I've dealt with some very good Dept. of State foreign staff that have been very helpful. But there is a bureaucracy on top of it that exhibits the characteristics that you mention. Just like at the top of the DoD and the administrations. It is the Swamp, after all.

As for aid, here are two views of it:
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeff-faux/how-us-aid-to-central-ame_b_5525314.html

https://thinkprogress.org/experts-s...-america-is-backfiring-big-time-c0928534f91c/

And then some alternatives suggested to just shipping money:
https://www.heritage.org/global-pol...nce-mexico-guatemala-honduras-and-el-salvador

I turned on Fox & Friends this morning to see how they were handling the Maddus resignation. During the hour I tuned in I heard them blast out-going Senator Frakes for his vote on the carbon tax bill, a segment about city blight, and one on political correctness. I honestly tried to hang in there longer but I gave up waiting for them to cover anything from the WH.

Oh, but they did have a 'countdown to the shutdown' clock at the bottom of the screen that was So cute! I can see now why it's Trump's favorite morning show.
Yeah the Fox News brainwashing and Republican political agenda machine and propaganda machine is always in full force

So how long does Pelosi, Schumer and Trump huff n puff before agreeing to some kind of bill. They are all equally at fault for what is going on.

So how long does Pelosi, Schumer and Trump huff n puff before agreeing to some kind of bill. They are all equally at fault for what is going on.

Equally at fault? Baloney. This is all on Trump.

Congress had agreed on a temporary bill to keep the Government open. Trump changed his mind after initially telling them he's sign it.

Evidently he got too much pressure from the Conservatives who demanded he 'stick by his promise.' Funny. I could have sworn Trump's promise was that Mexico was going to pay for his damn wall.

ADVERTISEMENT