ADVERTISEMENT

What’s Our Excuse for Attendance This Week?

Excuse this week: rain. Heck my wife wanted to leave before kickoff. But really we just have less and less fans every year.

Excuse this week: rain. Heck my wife wanted to leave before kickoff. But really we just have less and less fans every year.
Excuse for this week and almost every week is competition. However who really wants pay to sit in the rain to see Uconn when it's on TV?

I did, but I understand those who didn't

Reactions: WhiteandSlatonWVU
For an almost apples to apples comparison, take a look at the attendance for my awful Gators against UAB this upcoming weekend. We haven't been fun to watch for over 7 years, and I doubt the stadium will be full this weekend, but there will still be over 75k people in attendance. Attending the games has to become expected. A habit. Something students do even if they don't particularly want to watch the game. How do you do that? No clue. It's easier in a college town where the school is involved in everything that is going on. Orlando might be too big to get the same vibe.

Around 30,000 is very good attendance for a G5 school in the current environment. Want more like everyone else, but it's not really an issue. You don't get into the playoffs, a fair CFP ranking, or amazing packed stadiums with fans who have no actual connection to the University every week unless you're in the P5.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT