ADVERTISEMENT

What are our biggest needs this offseason?

ThesePeopleDontGiveaSh_t

Bronze Knight
Gold Member
Jul 5, 2019
This season is over so lets start a discussion on what we need to get back on track next year. First off, I think we need to get as many offensive line transfers in here as soon as possible. This has to be one of the worst UCF offensive lines I have ever seen. Second, our D-line is still a problem. We need a couple of bigger DT's and some quicker DE's. Our pass rush has been pretty non existent against good opponents this year. Other than that, I think we are set at the other positions.

Edge rush - aka Bruce Miller/Titus Davis guy. It changes the dynamics of the d-line altogether having an effective edge rush. Also , a Shaquem like linebacker that can cover ground and make speed plays in many different situations.

Reactions: knightraveler
Edge rush - aka Bruce Miller/Titus Davis guy. It changes the dynamics of the d-line altogether having an effective edge rush. Also , a Shaquem like linebacker that can cover ground and make speed plays in many different situations.
Bruce was small too. It’s hard to recruit a guy and know he will be as good as Bruce and be under sized. I don’t think Shannon’s D will produce a Griffen type player. It’s a little more traditional so guys have to stay home and know assignments. Not much free lancing by our LBs.

this isn't NFL free agency. i tried to tell people this in the recruiting thread when they were acting like all these d-line recruits are going to come in and ball out. our improvement next season has to come from what's on the roster THIS season.

this isn't NFL free agency. i tried to tell people this in the recruiting thread when they were acting like all these d-line recruits are going to come in and ball out. our improvement next season has to come from what's on the roster THIS season.
Ya I know but we might get a couple of guys. I was looking at our current 2020 commits as well

Communication on the Oline.

Also maybe the offensive coaches will learn how to penetrate the 3-3-5. Hopefully there’s a 3-3-5 weekend training they can attend

Reactions: Knight59
Communication on the Oline.

Also maybe the offensive coaches will learn how to penetrate the 3-3-5. Hopefully there’s a 3-3-5 weekend training they can attend
3-3-5 should not be hard to beat. Only a front 6. Put AK and BT Thompson in lined up in I, split or motion out wide if they change look. O line can’t block 3 or 4 guys is terrible.

Reactions: Knight Strength
3-3-5 should not be hard to beat. Only a front 6. Put AK and BT Thompson in lined up in I, split or motion out wide if they change look. O line can’t block 3 or 4 guys is terrible.
It shouldn't be hard to beat. 6 men in the box. The offense have 5 on the line and two in the backfield. 7 vs 6. That is a mismatch. Oh wait, our QB won't run.

Reactions: AAC6800
Our QB is not a running threat consistently. Therefore, we have lost that huge advantage that other teams have and we have had in the past

He will run 1-3 times a game with some success and everyone wants to crown him Michael Vick status

Always better to give it to the RB, but if the QB is a threat then one of the 6 has to be assigned to him.
Usually would be a LB who reads handoff first. If QB keeps it he then shadows QB. Don’t really lose a defender in that instance no matter who QB is.

Our QB is not a running threat consistently. Therefore, we have lost that huge advantage that other teams have and we have had in the past

He will run 1-3 times a game with some success and everyone wants to crown him Michael Vick status
Yes Vick won a lot of NCs and SBs.

Charlton to transfer or be benched so he stops making stupid, momentum shifting personal foul penalties.

And some O-linemen that can defend against a 3 man rush without getting our QB sacked....or someone to coach the ones we have how to do it.

Last edited:
Didn’t he play FSU in the national championship game?

College QBs need to run dude. All 3 of our losses had QBs who hurt us with their feet
He lost by 2 scores in that game. Didn’t play at all Freshman year and didn’t win enough the next year. If he was so great he would have won more. He didn’t. Chris Weinke beat him. Rarely ran. Beat them with arm. WR was MVP. I’ll take a great passer over a great runner any day.

You are right. We have to take 3 stars and make them a 4 or a 5. The coaches will have to earn their money. Being able to recruit someone with overlooked potential is a critical.

He lost by 2 scores in that game. Didn’t play at all Freshman year and didn’t win enough the next year. If he was so great he would have won more. He didn’t. Chris Weinke beat him. Rarely ran. Beat them with arm. WR was MVP. I’ll take a great passer over a great runner any day.
You’re literally the ONLY ONE who is saying this. Even his own coach Lebby and CJH have said it.

By the way FSU was light years ahead of Virginia tech in talent and Vick running was the ONLY REASON they were actually ahead at one point

Did you not see yesterday’s game??

You’re literally the ONLY ONE who is saying this. Even his own coach Lebby and CJH have said it.

By the way FSU was light years ahead of Virginia tech in talent and Vick running was the ONLY REASON they were actually ahead at one point

Did you not see yesterday’s game??
There were 50 games yesterday. Which one?

I'm greedy. I want both.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
No..., I watched Jalen Hurts run for 2 touchdowns and win
Wow. Every game and team are different. Some win with passing and some win with running. How w was our QBs running when we had Smith? We’re they running for 80 yards too?

In the 2 NY6 bowl wins, UCF QBs were very very effective at running the ball

It’s a must for most successful G5 teams, because it’s a weapon

When you don’t run, you are down 1 weapon

Wow. Every game and team are different. Some win with passing and some win with running. How w was our QBs running when we had Smith? We’re they running for 80 yards too?
Kyle Israel had 5 TDS and 178 yards in 2007

In the 2 NY6 bowl wins, UCF QBs were very very effective at running the ball

It’s a must for most successful G5 teams, because it’s a weapon

When you don’t run, you are down 1 weapon
In the loss, the guy you want to run had nothing.

In the loss, the guy you want to run had nothing.
He couldn’t run, because we were overmatched. He couldn’t pass well either. Gabe Davis dropped a TD pass. The defense sucked.

That’s not the reason we lost. You’re losing this argument badly

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT