ADVERTISEMENT

What are some currently unpopular ideas that will be on the "Right Side of History"

Smart move. You'd only dig a deeper hole.

You: conservatives love spending more money when it's stupid defense! Wahh!!!

Me: Actually, Space Force cost absolutely nothing additional to the budget

You: bUt wHaT aBoUt fOoD sTaMpZ!!?

You have the intellectual debate capacity of a child.

Elimination of American football
Capture.jpg

You have the intellectual debate capacity of a child
Says the poster who wrote this laugh line: Actually, Space Force cost absolutely nothing additional to the budget.

Establishing a Space Force is going to cost money -- in fact, a lot of money.

The very notion it can be separated it from the Air Force and made a new branch of the US military -- for no additional cost -- has got to be one of the most naïve and dumbass things I've ever read here.

Says the poster who wrote this laugh line: Actually, Space Force cost absolutely nothing additional to the budget.

Establishing a Space Force is going to cost money -- in fact, a lot of money.

The very notion it can be separated it from the Air Force and made a new branch of the US military -- for no additional cost -- has got to be one of the most naïve and dumbass things I've ever read here.

If you weren't such a flaming imbecile and could read a basic sentence and understand it, you'd know that I already explained this and stated that the DOD found redundancies and cost savings within the existing budget to carve out space for Space Force. Of course you didn't understand this and responded with some idiotic snark about night court, clearly having no idea what that is or why it applies here.

You know, basically how every single budget has worked since man determined what a budget is.

Defense spending has increased by 168 billion since 2016. The federal deficit has increased by 499 billion since 2016 mainly because the tax revenue as a percentage of GDP has dropped by 1.5%. But yes, by all means tell us how budget cuts make the Space Force have no impact to the budget. By that line of reasoning nothing can ever impact the budget because there are always enough cuts somewhere to balance out that one thing. It’s just we spend on many many things.

Reactions: DaShuckster
Defense spending has increased by 168 billion since 2016. The federal deficit has increased by 499 billion since 2016 mainly because the tax revenue as a percentage of GDP has dropped by 1.5%. But yes, by all means tell us how budget cuts make the Space Force have no impact to the budget. By that line of reasoning nothing can ever impact the budget because there are always enough cuts somewhere to balance out that one thing. It’s just we spend on many many things.

Oh ok, Space Force was just budgeted for and commissioned in December 2019 but I guess it was consuming the budget increases in 2016, 2017, and 2018.

That budget increase comes out to roughly 4% per year, which means basically a 1% increase annually after factoring in inflation. Budget busting, indeed!

800px-2019_Federal_Budget_Infographic.png

Oh ok, Space Force was just budgeted for and commissioned in December 2019 but I guess it was consuming the budget increases in 2016, 2017, and 2018.

That budget increase comes out to roughly 4% per year, which means basically a 1% increase annually after factoring in inflation. Budget busting, indeed!

800px-2019_Federal_Budget_Infographic.png
Actual budget was 4.45T in 2019. Projected for 2020 prior to Covid was 4.79T. In 2016 the budget was 3.85T. Actual yearly increases have been as follows.

2016 to 2017 3.4%
2017 to 2018 3.3%
2018 to 2019 8.3%
2019 to 2020 (projected) 7.6%

Increases in revenue have been less than expenses because of tax cuts during a time of economic prosperity. This resulted in a revenue drop of as percentage of GDP of 1.5% from 2016 to 2019. When GDP is in excess of 20 trillion this drop is significant (roughly 300 billion in lost tax revenue). This (plus the increased spending) is why the budget deficit has grown by a half trillion dollars over Trumps term. This with a booming economy. It’s only going to get worse now with the virus fallout.

Last edited:
Defense spending has increased by 168 billion since 2016. The federal deficit has increased by 499 billion since 2016 mainly because the tax revenue as a percentage of GDP has dropped by 1.5%. But yes, by all means tell us how budget cuts make the Space Force have no impact to the budget.
LOL---Well said, hemightbejeremy! :)

B-B-But listen to 85 and keep in mind that the Space Force is BRAND NEW and is being made a new branch of the military with EXISTING dollars by golly. Pretty damn fiscally conservative, right guys?

It really is....um, if you ignore the fact that the federal budget has increased over 68% in Trump's first three years in office and is expected to exceed $1 trillion dollars this year. But we're supposed to be impressed that somewhere within the millions of new dollars Trump has thrown at the military (amounting to nearly 100,000 million in new dollars a year), they were able to initially fund Space Force. Yipppeee!

What belt-tightening Superstars, right 85?

LOL---Well said, hemightbejeremy! :)

B-B-But listen to 85 and keep in mind that the Space Force is BRAND NEW and is being made a new branch of the military with EXISTING dollars by golly. Pretty damn fiscally conservative, right guys?

It really is....um, if you ignore the fact that the federal budget has increased over 68% in Trump's first three years in office and is expected to exceed $1 trillion dollars this year. But we're supposed to be impressed that somewhere within the millions of new dollars Trump has thrown at the military (amounting to nearly 100,000 million in new dollars a year), they were able to initially fund Space Force. Yipppeee!

What belt-tightening Superstars, right 85?
It’s like saying you balanced the budget and paid for the ice cream by putting the brownies back but meanwhile also bought tons of other shit and put 25% of it on credit.

Reactions: DaShuckster
No, you both are just morons. The entire premise was that the defense budget ballooned to make way for Space Force- which is patently untrue given 1) the services carved out money to make room for this and 2) by HMBJs own admissions the defense budget grew by a mere 1% in real terms as every other spending line took off.

You took my initial premise and simply morphed the debate to something that you’d rather deal with and then provided each other reacharounds when you felt like you both sufficiently crushed the new invented talking point.

So bravo, I guess

Reactions: Ucfmikes
The entire premise was that the defense budget ballooned to make way for Space Force.
No it wasn't. It started with this simple question: why add to the military budget by creating a whole new military unit?

You responded by saying your detractors are 'morons' because the services carved out money from existing funds to make room for this free of charge, baby!

I may be a moron but I'm pretty sure I could 'pinch pennies' and conserve a few buck by reallocating some of my existing funds to create Space Force too if those existing funds included $150,000 million new dollars a year ($750,000 million total based on Trump's 2020 proposed budget) in the size of my military budget since Trump took office.

However you want to spin it, the very idea that creating a brand new branch of the military is not going to cost taxpayers any more money is patently absurd.

Last edited:
No it wasn't. It started with this simple question: why add to the military budget by creating a whole new military unit?

You responded by saying your detractors are 'morons' because the services carved out money from existing funds to make room for this free of charge, baby!

I may be a moron but I'm pretty sure I could 'pinch pennies' and conserve a few buck by reallocating some of my existing funds to create Space Force too if those existing funds included $150,000 million new dollars a year ($750,000 million total based on Trump's 2020 proposed budget) in the size of my military budget since Trump took office.

However you want to spin it, the very idea that creating a brand new branch of the military is not going to cost taxpayers any more money is patently absurd.

You do realize that Biden wants to increase defense spending, right?

There is no such thing as a federal budget. It is simply a true conservatives, (Washington has none) wet dream.

Back to original question,
There are only 2 sexes. Male/Female

Reactions: Crazyhole
There is no such thing as a federal budget. It is simply a true conservatives, (Washington has none) wet dream.

Back to original question,
There are only 2 sexes. Male/Female

Agreed, and I'll add that future generations will be embarrassed for us for thinking otherwise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT