ADVERTISEMENT

What are some good shows to watch?

DaShuckster

Diamond Knight
Nov 30, 2003
I thought I'd broaden the Peaky Blinders discussion by asking what programs you enjoy on TV and would recommend to others. Here are some of my Amazon recommendations:

Jack Ryan Season One starring the Office's John Krasinski was damn good and Season Two is coming out Nov. 1. Hanna is also a really good action/adventure series. Another great one on Amazon I'd highly recommend is Sneaky Pete. To be honest, before we watched any of them, I thought I wouldn't care for it but instead I found it to be a real binge-watching series. A new one that the critics gave so-so reviews but we really enjoyed and so have others we know is the sci-fi/fantasy Carnival Row. If you liked Game of Thrones, this is an interesting fantasy world with a lot of possibilities.

I’m in the middle of Sneaky Pete Season 2 and it’s good. The Boys on Amazon Prime was fantastic!

I liked Jack Ryan Season 1 until the end of the season. It was believable until the end with the big scare. I hope they clean some of that up in Season 2.

Barry on HBO was excellent too.

Netflix hasn’t been doing it for me lately. They’re putting out TOO MUCH content and anything they’ve put out lately isn’t appealing to me at all. I find myself waiting for follow up seasons to their good established shows like Peaky Blinders (really BBC), Narcos, Stranger Things, and Mind Hunter.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Patriot on Amazon is my all time favorite current show. So accurate.

Last edited:
If you haven’t watched The Sopranos I’m gonna assume it’s because the man who pleasures your wife doesn’t allow it

Man in the High Castle from Amazon. Entering its fourth and final season, but definitely bingeworthy seasons 1-3.

If you haven’t watched The Sopranos I’m gonna assume it’s because the man who pleasures your wife doesn’t allow it

I tried recently. But it doesn’t hold up to time well. I couldn’t take it seriously when they are stealing trucks of beepers and VCRs.

For my liberal friends,
Sesame Street
Sponge Bob square pants
Mr Rogers Neighborhood
and to add just a touch of excitement
Dori the Explorer

For my liberal friends,
Sesame Street
Sponge Bob square pants
Mr Rogers Neighborhood
and to add just a touch of excitement
Dori the Explorer

Honestly I can say you have to be the dumbest sack of shit on this site. It is terrifying that idiots like you are allowed to vote and choose representatives for the rest of us. You can't even leave a normal thread alone without ruining it with your mind numbingly idiotic attempt at humor.

“Ninjaknight...goes postal”

It’s an awesome sitcom that is on everyday in the WC

Reactions: UCFWayne
It wasn't until the fourth or fifth episode that this dark comedy/sci-fi series got interesting to me beyond some laughs but Season One of Netflix's Russian Dolls ended up being pretty good. If you liked Groundhog's Day, you're likely to find it fun.

"The Boys" on Amazon is also a super dark and gritty but entertaining show. Would recommend.

Netflix: Narcos , Mind hunter , and Babylon Berlin

Showtime: The Affair(first 2-3 seasons is amazing television). It may be uncomfortable for some couples to watch together though, wouldn’t surprise me if it had lower ratings bc of that.

I just cut cable and got Netfix, Amazon and Hulu. I like the Last Czars and American Horror story.

I started watching Raising Dion. I don't know if it's good or not, but the mom is hot.

The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix was pretty good.

Also, Good Omens on Prime was hilarious and well written. I'll second that The Boys was pretty stellar.

Also, Good Omens on Prime was hilarious and well written. I'll second that The Boys was pretty stellar.
I appreciate these two recommendations. I've thought about Good Omens but couldn't decide whether to give it a shot or not.

Just download all of the episodes of the Muppet Show. It's almost as ridiculous and entertaining as the WC is, but with fewer grammatical errors.

I liked it. But you have to be ok with dry British humor and British silliness.
I don't think so. It handle some pretty deep theological questions with pretty universal humor and the lead actors are fantastic.

On another note, Raising Dion went from fairly entertaining to a WB, or CW whatever it is now, show pretty quickly.

Last edited:
I just cut cable and got Netfix, Amazon and Hulu. I like the Last Czars and American Horror story.

I'm watching AHS 1984 and it's OK. I was expecting more given the genre they were going for but it's starting to fizzle a bit.

I'm watching AHS 1984 and it's OK. I was expecting more given the genre they were going for but it's starting to fizzle a bit.

I just got done watching The Spy on Netflix. It's the a 6-part series of the story of Israeli Eli Cohen and how he infiltrated some of the top political networks of Syria. I thought it was really well done and Sacha Baron Cohen was very good in this role.

Reactions: btbones
I am currently watching band of brothers on prime. Somehow had never managed to watch it . It is intense

That one is going to stay with you for awhile. Incredible television ... but seriously intense. Whereas many shows and movies glorify wars, the mafia, crime, etc...... Band of Brothers and Saving Private Ryan make you see how horrible war really is .... but keep you glued to the screen the entire time.

Reactions: btbones
I just got done watching The Spy on Netflix. It's the a 6-part series of the story of Israeli Eli Cohen and how he infiltrated some of the top political networks of Syria. I thought it was really well done and Sacha Baron Cohen was very good in this role.

Looks really good but I don't know if I could take SBC in a serious role.

ADVERTISEMENT