ADVERTISEMENT

What brand jeans do you wear?

UCFKnight85

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 6, 2003
just curious since I saw a story about Nordstroms offering a ridiculous "fake mud" Jean for the low price of $425 per pair.

I just wear Wranglers that you can pick up for $35. I don't get paying hundreds of dollars for a clothing item that was designed to be cheap and durable.

People still apparently roll into Guess to buy $200 jeans

I used to wear Levi's but have moved to Lee since they fit better and are a little less expensive.

My wife buys expensive jeans with holes already in them. I call her "homeless" when she puts those on.

I've never paid that much for a pair of jeans and I've gotten cheaper as I've gotten older. I get Banana Republic now when it's on sale. That said, my more expensive clothes do tend to be more durable and last longer than cheaper clothes. There's probably an argument to be made there. I just can't get over the sticker shock.

I work in a distribution center, Wal Mart Wranglers for me. No point in spending a ton of money on jeans that can get dirty or ripped up. And like mentioned above, as I've gotten older the less of a shit I give as to what other think.

American Eagle. They always have 50% off or BOGO. End up paying 20-30 bucks a pair, which us what they're really worth.

Diesel, Lucky Brand, Gap, Hugo Boss. Go to Nordstrom Rack. It's the same shit with awesome markdowns.

Ditto the Rack for great deals for biz casual jeans. While some are still expensive when on sale ($60-$110) you can find Lucky's for $30-$35.

Wrangler/Levi's still my fav for winter.

Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
2015-font-b-Men-s-b-font-new-brief-slim-font-b-black-b-font-font.jpg

I used to only wear Diesel, but then the store closed down in the International Mall. Recently I picked up a pair of AG jeans from Nordstrom that I love. I also picked up a pair of Citizens of Humanity which are ok, but in hindsight they contain a little too much stretch. I really liked the Diesel jeans because they were very, very durable and made in the U.S. I typically don't mind paying a little extra for clothes that I know are made in the U.S. and will withstand more than a few washes.

No idea. Don't think I have ever bought my own jeans. I wear whatever the women (wife, mom, sister) buy me for Christmas or birthday. I only wear jeans when I think it will be cold.

I used to only wear Diesel, but then the store closed down in the International Mall.

They don't sell them online? Outside of socks and boxers from Walmart and a few polos from the bookstore I don't think I've ever gone to a store to buy clothing.

They don't sell them online? Outside of socks and boxers from Walmart and a few polos from the bookstore I don't think I've ever gone to a store to buy clothing.
They do, but they change their styles, fit, etc. every year so I want to see them in person and I have to try them on before buying. Unless it's something I've worn and liked before and I know I can get the exact same thing, then I never buy clothes online.

Caveat emptor: Nordstrom states that only about 20% of what's sold in Nordstrom Rack is clearance from Nordstrom. Like the vast majority of the outlet shops (Gap, Banana Republic, J. Crew, Coach, etc.), the remainder is manufactured specifically for Nordstrom Rack. A similar fact holds for Off 5th (about 10% comes from Saks), Last Call Studio (Nieman Marcus) and Barney's Warehouse.

Caveat emptor: Nordstrom states that only about 20% of what's sold in Nordstrom Rack is clearance from Nordstrom. Like the vast majority of the outlet shops (Gap, Banana Republic, J. Crew, Coach, etc.), the remainder is manufactured specifically for Nordstrom Rack. A similar fact holds for Off 5th (about 10% comes from Saks), Last Call Studio (Nieman Marcus) and Barney's Warehouse.

That doesn't effect value proposition

That doesn't matter. It's all made in the same factory in China.

Reactions: EweSeaEff
I still have a couple pairs of wranglers but have moved to academy's magellan brand. They are always priced right but have some ridiculous sales at times. Quality is about like the rest. Occasionally you get a pair that doesn't fit like you expect but I have that with all of them now every great once in a while

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT