ADVERTISEMENT

What do you think is going on at TE for us?

Knight Strength

Golden Knight
Feb 2, 2018
We all love Hescock but what do you think of our other TEs? Should we try to add another solid TE? Our other TEs are so young it would be a hard sell to recruits.

There was Simon Dellinger who is well rated and I think he wanted an offer from us. Came from up north to camp here in the spring. Not sure what happened with that situation.

What do your take?

We all love Hescock but what do you think of our other TEs? Should we try to add another solid TE? Our other TEs are so young it would be a hard sell to recruits.

There was Simon Dellinger who is well rated and I think he wanted an offer from us. Came from up north to camp here in the spring. Not sure what happened with that situation.

What do your take?
Brett Bell seems to be the best all around TE so far re: size, blocking and receiving. He blocks well, has good hands and runs with power after making a catch. Roberson is a really good playmaker. Actually, I haven't seen Hescock much on the field yet.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Brett Bell seems to be the best all around TE so far re: size, blocking and receiving. He blocks well, has good hands and runs with power after making a catch. Roberson is a really good playmaker. Actually, I haven't seen Hescock much on the field yet.
That's right forgot about Brett Bell. He does seem like a good option. I haven't seen much of any of them. All our TEs left

What do your take?

Add a quality tight end over the summer? Anyone with quality was signed back in Dec or Feb.

UCF was fortunate to get the extra year approved for MC with badly needed experience.

Believe MC is the only TE now on the roster that has at least one reception at the Div I-A level.

Last edited:

What do your take?

Bell and Roberson are both unproven.

Bell had 1 reception (total) in his JUCO career.

Roberson has zero receptions during his 2 yr UCF career (one redshirted).

And of course Hescock has never played in a Div I-A game so he too is.looking for his first reception too.

I hope someone can become a game changer like Akins but I'll take good.solid performance from that group for 2018.

Allegedly Colubiale was made an offer by Frost........

I can just imagine the response.....Sorry but why would I want to go to Cornsville when I can stay right here and play for the National Champions?
Wow.. first they steal our tight end recruits and now this

Honestly, Colubiale is a fine player, but do the almighty Cornholios actually have a scholarship available for our 2017 3rd string tight end who is 6’ 1” and probably under 230lbs?

That’s pretty weak.

I hope someone can become a game changer like Akins
Huh??? I wouldn’t exactly classify Akins as a game changer. He showed flashes at times, but a game changer? No

He had 4 TDs last year and has had 8 in his ENTIRE career. Last year was the only year that he ever had over 30 receptions. Unfortunately, his career was filled with injuries and promise. That’s what the NFL is banking on

Last edited:
Reactions: Shark19 and JAFFX2
Add a quality tight end over the summer? Anyone with quality was signed back in Dec or Feb.

UCF was fortunate to get the extra year approved for MC with badly needed experience.

Believe MC is the only TE now on the roster that has at least one reception at the Div I-A level.
Lmao I mean add to 2019s recruiting class. Not for 2018 season. That's why I mentioned Simon Dellinger.

Huh??? I wouldn’t exactly classify Akins as a game changer. He showed flashes at times, but a game changer? No

He had 4 TDs last year and has had 8 in his ENTIRE career. Last year was the only year that he ever had over 30 receptions. Unfortunately, his career was filled with injuries and promise. That’s what the NFL is banking on

Akins is a game changer since the defense had to always key on him. He was used as a decoy in many double tight end sets that helped Colubiale or Franks or a RB got open.

There is a reason why Akins left early for the NFL...he was that talented.

PS. If Milton wasn't so rusty in first half of the Peach Bowl, Akins would have had two easy LONG TD's.

Talented and a game changer are 2 different things. I’m not actually sure what Peach Bowl that you were watching. Anderson was the target of the potential long touchdown that Milton overthrew. I don’t remember any play that would have been a long touchdown to Akins, let alone 2 EASY ones. Maybe I missed it. Akins was a good player, but he was known for his share of drops, bobbles, injuries and early career blunders as much as making plays

He was definitely an FIU killer though for 2-3 games.

Last edited:
When I think of a football game changer, I think of this. I guess our definition is just different

Isn’t him being 26 a bigger reason he had to leave “early.” Most NFL players are already out of the game by that age. He’d practically be a senior citizen in the league if he waited to be drafte after another year

Reactions: Mikesi
Isn’t him being 26 a bigger reason he had to leave “early.” Most NFL players are already out of the game by that age. He’d practically be a senior citizen in the league if he waited to be drafte after another year
He is old for a rookie but TEs last a long time. Probably has 6 years left if he’s good enough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT