ADVERTISEMENT

What historical event marked the beginning of the American Empire?

UCFhonors

Todd's Tiki Bar
Feb 20, 2010
My initial response would be the Spanish American war which was just a land grab and an excuse to kick out the Spanish empire from the Americas. But the war with Mexico for Texas is probably the beginning of America going from the land of the Free to an Empire that wants to oppress it's people.

Last edited:
Yeah! American Empire and American Imperialism!! Come to think of it, I'm not sure why Iraq isn't part of the US.

Yeah! American Empire and American Imperialism!! Come to think of it, I'm not sure why Iraq isn't part of the US.

You can rule and subjugate a people without making them citizens and forcing them to pay taxes. Isn't that what we have effectively done to Mexicans who are in Americas borders?

You can rule and subjugate a people without making them citizens and forcing them to pay taxes. Isn't that what we have effectively done to Mexicans who are in Americas borders?

LOL. Meanwhile, they get all the benefits of American citizens. I feel really badly for those poor, poor illegals who left Mexico because it was so much better there.

I was just getting ready to start a thread. Good timing honors.

US should invade and assume control of Mexico. The government down there has proven it is unable to control the cartel, which represents a clear and present danger to the national security of the United States.

Could also end illegal immigration debate. Grant inhabitants immediate citizenship. Setup effective rules for going forward.

Why not at this juncture? Time to improve the world and stop loafing around like namby pamby bystanders while s*** continues to regress.

LOL. Meanwhile, they get all the benefits of American citizens. I feel really badly for those poor, poor illegals who left Mexico because it was so much better there.

There's no greater honor for an American than to have their very own Social Security card so that the government can take their fair share before the citizen gets their paycheck. Losing that honor and privilege is the only thing that's held me back from trying to become "an illegal"

There's no greater honor for an American than to have their very own Social Security card so that the government can take their fair share before the citizen gets their paycheck. Losing that honor and privilege is the only thing that's held me back from trying to become "an illegal"
[banana][cheers]
I seriously wouldn't mind being off the grid and 100% independent. I don't think there is anywhere in the world where that is possible.

Reactions: UCFhonors
[banana][cheers]
I seriously wouldn't mind being off the grid and 100% independent. I don't think there is anywhere in the world where that is possible.

It used to be that way for every America. Think about that for a second. The govt had no clue who was living in America or where people were at. But every citizen had the legal protections and rights found in the Constitution.

That's what Libertarians like myself want.

To me it's crazy that people are okay with paying for domestic spying programs, state sanctioned theft and with war with people who never harmed Americans. As Muhamed Ali said "no Vietcong called me the N word. they never lynched me, they didn't put no dogs on me, they didn't rob me of my nationality, rape and kill my mother and father. ... Shoot them for what? How can I shoot them poor people? Just take me to jail."

It used to be that way for every America. Think about that for a second. The govt had no clue who was living in America or where people were at. But every citizen had the legal protections and rights found in the Constitution.

That's what Libertarians like myself want.

To me it's crazy that people are okay with paying for domestic spying programs, state sanctioned theft and with war with people who never harmed Americans. As Muhamed Ali said "no Vietcong called me the N word. they never lynched me, they didn't put no dogs on me, they didn't rob me of my nationality, rape and kill my mother and father. ... Shoot them for what? How can I shoot them poor people? Just take me to jail."

You know it isn't that simple. The world is getting smaller with everyone wanting control over resources.

The bold part is just ignorant.

You're advocating global pacifism honors

Muhammad Ali remains one of the stupidest people to ever hold a microphone

I was just getting ready to start a thread. Good timing honors.

US should invade and assume control of Mexico. The government down there has proven it is unable to control the cartel, which represents a clear and present danger to the national security of the United States.

Could also end illegal immigration debate. Grant inhabitants immediate citizenship. Setup effective rules for going forward.

Why not at this juncture? Time to improve the world and stop loafing around like namby pamby bystanders while s*** continues to regress.

Funny that I was just going to make a thread about American Exceptionalism. But your post is far better than anything that I could come up with for an illustration of American Exceptionalism.

You nailed it, sir. America does things the Right way. Basically everywhere else especially Mexico can't get it right. Instead of wasting our time, money and bombs on foreign aide and building great walls, let's just make nations part of the good ole' USA. As you said, everyone is knocking down our door trying to get in. Now is the time to take over their residents and have a big party, metaphorically speaking.

To me, really the only question is how many countries should we make part of the USA?

You know it isn't that simple. The world is getting smaller with everyone wanting control over resources.

The bold part is just ignorant.

This is one of the best videos I've ever seen. Are we really running out of resources?

Watch the video. Then we can discuss ignorance.

You're advocating global pacifism honors

Muhammad Ali remains one of the stupidest people to ever hold a microphone

I agree that Ali is very dumb. But even a broken clock gets the time right once a day. [winking]

Really, is war ever justified? I thought that was the dumbest and craziest question ever until I heard one of my favorite economist Bryan Caplan have a debate about it.

I don't completely agree with Bryan but he makes some amazing points and wins the debate for pacifism.

It started with the Revolution.
Yup. Treaty of Paris 1783 confirmed it, but it was General Clark who marched west through Ohio and Illinois to the Mississippi with his army to give the US control over all the land east of the Mississippi, north of Florida, and South of the Great Lakes. That's where it all started.

When Pocahontas who was named Miss Virginia 1606, won the Miss America pageant the following year.

Enron coming up with the scam of Global warming, as a way to buy and sell carbon credits and make a virtual fortune selling a non existent product to a stupid general populace with world wide gov't backing. The scam of 100 lifetimes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT