ADVERTISEMENT

What hurts the most is....

we finally moved the national conversation...significantly....after 3 years of excellence and we pissed it all away without even a few weeks of benefit.

We’re still a really good team. Losses like this happen. We just won’t get the conversation back.

B12 or bust

Yep. Just wanted to enjoy the positive national pub for awhile.
You lost to a trash P5 team, the B12 doesn't want you. Go play UConn and feel good about yourselves.

We all knew that one loss would throw everything in the garbage
Unfortunately this is the reality of G5 football. Hopefully we both get called up to Big12 before door closes for good.
Yall had a hell of a run going regular season undefeated since your loss to us in 2016. For that you deserve major props.
That said, i am am so happy you guys FINALLY lost a fricken game!

Unfortunately this is the reality of G5 football. Hopefully we both get called up to Big12 before door closes for good.
Yall had a hell of a run going regular season undefeated since your loss to us in 2016. For that you deserve major props.
That said, i am am so happy you guys FINALLY lost a fricken game!
Of course you’re happy, because your team loses a ton

Fans of good teams rarely troll us

Not trolling...im giving your team props for your undefeated run.
Im just stating the obvious. Im glad you lost. Im sure you are happy when we lose. Whats the difference.

Reactions: Wings0fred
Yep, if you're p5 you're allowed a couple "quality losses", but if you're G5 you have to be undefeated to make any noise.
Yep and its always going to be that way, which sucks.
I think you should stay in top 25 after a 1 point loss, unless the P5 bias raises its ugly head.

What hurts the most is that we don't get another P5 team to play the rest of the regular season. Really need to get into a P5 conference. :sunglasses:

What else hurts is Pitt just showed other teams how to beat us.
Ha! That’s the least of our problems. I hope they do. That’s college football

Good teams are dynamic and counter to adjustments

You wouldn’t want to keep making the same mistakes

What do you think that is?

I didn’t see a formula. We played poorly. Didn’t run the ball well. Line played poorly. Some weird play calling.

That said, we get 1 of about 5 plays to go our way in the final 5 minutes and we still win.
Get pressure on Gabriel. It’s either a long TD or a 10 yard sack. They were able to run on us and QB was breakdancing waiting for receivers to get open. Our D Line looked small. No pressure most of the time.

Get pressure on Gabriel. It’s either a long TD or a 10 yard sack. They were able to run on us and QB was breakdancing waiting for receivers to get open. Our D Line looked small. No pressure most of the time.
Our young defensive line that we were so worried about looked the part against a physical ACC offensive line with experience

Absolutely no pressure and the QB was a crafty runner. He hurt us yesterday with his legs

Honestly we would have been better off not blowing out Stanford and having everyone get hyped up over one win. All the playoff and undefeated talk was wayyyy too premature, and honestly delusional. There's zero chance even if we won out they'd put us in, 6-8th at best. People joke about the rat poison line but its so true.

Honestly we would have been better off not blowing out Stanford and having everyone get hyped up over one win. All the playoff and undefeated talk was wayyyy too premature, and honestly delusional. There's zero chance even if we won out they'd put us in, 6-8th at best. People joke about the rat poison line but its so true.
It was one game. Just like the LSU game, Pitt’s DL dominated our Oline and we lost.

And I’d never turn down a blow out of Stanford

It was one game. Just like the LSU game, Pitt’s DL dominated our Oline and we lost.

And I’d never turn down a blow out of Stanford
It’s really quite simple. Just like when we played NC state in 2014, it’s ACC football

In this case a northern ACC school with some classes in the 30’s has some 4 star lineman and depth that we CANNOT compete with man on man

They have a rich tradition of lineman and we should have taken the 17-10 loss to Penn State more seriously

How did we win last year? Milton, the Tempo/heat and it was a home game probably

Looked like a different offense somewhat too

Yep, if you're p5 you're allowed a couple "quality losses", but if you're G5 you have to be undefeated to make any noise.
You mean undefeated for two years, then they let you in the club right? No go for three, haha you lost, you suck.

ESPN/CFP cabal - If you did it for three years we would have let you in, there is a path, we love UCF, better luck next time

What do you think that is?

I didn’t see a formula. We played poorly. Didn’t run the ball well. Line played poorly. Some weird play calling.

That said, we get 1 of about 5 plays to go our way in the final 5 minutes and we still win.
I agree with this. Our choices of going for the kill doesnt always mean we have to swing for the fences. I like Jacob Harris and sure if Gabriel angled those passes better it would be different, but why not use our speed to the corners, try some intermediate passes, etc. That said, when they did it was almost like the last resort. We have a backfield with three years experience of dealing with situations like this.

They were able to run on us and QB was breakdancing waiting for receivers to get open. Our D Line looked small. No pressure most of the time.
While our ability for TFL is legit, we havent been that good this year in sacking the QB.
I certainly didnt forget how underrated their QB is eluding defenders, but then again we aren't that good in getting to them either.

Our young defensive line that we were so worried about looked the part against a physical ACC offensive line with experience

Absolutely no pressure and the QB was a crafty runner. He hurt us yesterday with his legs
Our line has 4 new starters this year. A new line and new OC had us start out slow in the first game, but have improved every week. Your QB is amazing how he just drops dimes into the receivers hands. Good luck the rest of the year.

Our line has 4 new starters this year. A new line and new OC had us start out slow in the first game, but have improved every week. Your QB is amazing how he just drops dimes into the receivers hands. Good luck the rest of the year.
Same to you!

It’s beneficial for both teams to win out!

Trash P5 Team. You must be from the University that looked the other way and enabled Aaron Hernandez to become a national monster. Nice job UF!!!! The culture at UF rivals psu for enabling monsters.

This from a fan whose then-head coach yelled obscenities at a dying player -- literally. And then ordered trainers and water off the field. Did your school ever do the right thing by Ereck Plancher's family or not?

This from a fan whose then-head coach yelled obscenities at a dying player -- literally. And then ordered trainers and water off the field. Did your school ever do the right thing by Ereck Plancher's family or not?
Yes. It was settled in court.

This from a fan whose then-head coach yelled obscenities at a dying player -- literally. And then ordered trainers and water off the field.
That was the charge, but sides differed. But ... why did this even go to court, and why were depositions taken? Hmmm ...

Did your school ever do the right thing by Ereck Plancher's family or not?
Yes, they were paid $200K like other Florida schools have paid kids who have died at practice. Oh, you didn't know other players died at other schools, including Florida schools? I wonder why the family didn't go to court in those cases ... hmmm.

I.e., the only reason it went to court is because a law firm got a judge to remove the $200K cap. That was later overturned by the Florida Supreme Court. But it had gone to trial and the damage was done. But there is a reason why UAA, Inc. (Florida), FSU and other universities supported UCFAA, Inc. in both trying to get the case dismissed as well as in the brief to the Florida Supreme Court.

E.g., do you know Taggart's history at Oregon? Or even Meyers at Florida? Others?

Everyone likes to focus on George O'Leary for this. But they don't like to look at his GPA and the utter lack of arrests in his program. FAU, FIU, Florida, FSU and USF are basically prisons in comparison to UCF, with several of those having piss-poor graduation rates. I believe barely 10% of Taggart's classes graduated from USF, and other than Skip Holtz, it has been a constant problem at USF with waivers. At least Florida and FSU just have the criminal issues.

A Pitt fan arguing with another Pitt fan who he thinks is a UCF fan who is putting a Gator fan in his place.

Looks like we made it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT