ADVERTISEMENT

What is it about this year?

Crazyhole

Todd's Tiki Bar
Jun 4, 2004
My best friend called me this morning. Last night, his dad went out on his boat alone, got drunk, passed out and fell overboard and drowned.

Maybe this is just how life works getting older. Just got a call and another close friend had a heart attack today. Quintuple bypass surgery scheduled for tomorrow morning. Seriously, what is it about this year? I don't have a ton of friends but the ones that I do I consider pretty close and every one of us has had something ridiculous happen. Am I the only one in this boat or has anybody else here had a terrible year?

Maybe this is just how life works getting older. Just got a call and another close friend had a heart attack today. Quintuple bypass surgery scheduled for tomorrow morning. Seriously, what is it about this year? I don't have a ton of friends but the ones that I do I consider pretty close and every one of us has had something ridiculous happen. Am I the only one in this boat or has anybody else here had a terrible year?
Lost a friend to a stroke but nothing like what you’re going through. Feel for ya man.

The older you get, the older your circle of friends tends to get. More crap happens.
I'd love to attribute it to that, but it just feels more like bad juju. Just since March:

1 friend died in a murder-suicide
1 friend's dad drowns
1 friend has a massive heart attack
1 friend has an abdomen full of cancer
1 friend has a brain tumor
1 brother got divorced
1 daughter tried suicide
1 daughter almost died in a car accident
I'm getting divorced, and developed an adrenaline disorder that the only treatment for it is to reduce stress in my life.

It's just been a shitty year on a lot of levels.

I'd love to attribute it to that, but it just feels more like bad juju. Just since March:

1 friend's dad drowns
1 brother got divorced
1 daughter tried suicide
I'm getting divorced, and developed an adrenaline disorder that the only treatment for it is to reduce stress in my life.

Look, if you were single, with no friends, your list very well could be dwindled to nothing

Reactions: DaShuckster
I don't want to minimize the personal challenges that Crazyhole is going through in any way. But the truth is, if we all were as candid and forthcoming as he has been, I'm betting we could compile quite a laundry list of tragedies, disappointments, and frustrations.

It's call Life.

I hear tell that nobody gets out of this alive.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Look, if you were single, with no friends, your list very well could be dwindled to nothing
I don't have a lot of friends, just a few that I consider very close. But holy crap, it just seems like every one of them has had something totally ridiculous happen in a very short period of time. The same goes for family. Hell, I didn't even mention that my dad is in early onset dementia and we are having to start to monitor where he is. It's just getting to the point of WTF?

I don't have a lot of friends, just a few that I consider very close. But holy crap, it just seems like every one of them has had something totally ridiculous happen in a very short period of time. The same goes for family. Hell, I didn't even mention that my dad is in early onset dementia and we are having to start to monitor where he is. It's just getting to the point of WTF?
Wow. I’m so sorry. I didn’t know the hex for stealing our coach would go this far. I’ll reverse it

Not at all the same but a few weeks ago we had a massive heart stopping scare with our newborn son. He took in too much milk which was normal (he spews alot) but it was coming out so much that it appeared he was not breathing and choking. We had paramedics called to the house and I ended up at All Childrens with him for observation. At just a week old.

He’s fine now but the fear and panic of those moments is something I’ll never forget. It was awful.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Not at all the same but a few weeks ago we had a massive heart stopping scare with our newborn son. He took in too much milk which was normal (he spews alot) but it was coming out so much that it appeared he was not breathing and choking. We had paramedics called to the house and I ended up at All Childrens with him for observation. At just a week old.

He’s fine now but the fear and panic of those moments is something I’ll never forget. It was awful.
Man, I remember when my girls were little like that and even tiny things seemed like a disaster. I can't imagine getting to the point where you were calling medics, that had to be scary.

Man, I remember when my girls were little like that and even tiny things seemed like a disaster. I can't imagine getting to the point where you were calling medics, that had to be scary.

Yep it was scary as hell

1 friend's dad drowns
1 brother got divorced
1 daughter tried suicide

hang in there man.

Boating alone, at night and alcohol is a deadly mix. 2 out of 3 can get you.

The guy who owned the Outback franchise drowned on his boat docked in St Pete harbor when it was at dock. They were partying on his boat right outside the Vinoy, he was hammered, fell off the back and hit his head and probably lost consciousness, and by the time anyone realized he was already at the bottom of the harbor dead.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT