ADVERTISEMENT

What is the projected attendance for this Wednesday's game?

I'm just hoping I can watch in on TV. I'm an accountant and work takes priority during close week so... M-W, its long days to close the books. Its only going to be long days this month because of the storm causing uncertainty.

I'm also down 2 people as they are on bereavement because they lost a family member in the storm. So while we are bitching about attendance on a Wednesday game, it could be worse. You could lose a niece/nephew or an adult brother/sister because their house collapsed and attend a funeral instead of watching a football game.

I'm just hoping I can watch in on TV. I'm an accountant and work takes priority during close week so... M-W, its long days to close the books. Its only going to be long days this month because of the storm causing uncertainty.

I'm also down 2 people as they are on bereavement because they lost a family member in the storm. So while we are bitching about attendance on a Wednesday game, it could be worse. You could lose a niece/nephew or an adult brother/sister because their house collapsed and attend a funeral instead of watching a football game.
It's on ESPN2

Parents arent taking off work for this. Only if son was playing. Not sitting in stands.
This was the parents weekend game and they bought a hell of a lot of tics....that’s why there’s so many for resale now....gotta think many won’t make the trip here for a Weds night game.....the game is sold out but 35K max in the seats if the students show up in force

Do they announce at game actual attendance or tickets sold? Because originally it was a sell out. I see maybe 25% of people who bought for saturday not being able to travel on a wednesday

listened to Terry’s Twitter Spaces and he was setting the bar low for attendance ‘if u get out of class at 8:50 head to the stadium for the rest of the game’. He also talked up SMU as a tough opponent….

I liked how FSU gave tickets to those impacted by Ian for their game against Wake Forest. Good way to do a little something good while also good PR. Maybe we should do the same for tomorrow’s game…

Do they announce at game actual attendance or tickets sold? Because originally it was a sell out. I see maybe 25% of people who bought for saturday not being able to travel on a wednesday
I watched the Florida game Sunday and the stadium was about 35-40 percent empty.

listened to Terry’s Twitter Spaces and he was setting the bar low for attendance ‘if u get out of class at 8:50 head to the stadium for the rest of the game’. He also talked up SMU as a tough opponent….
He’s right. SMU is going to be a tough opponent. I was in Dallas last year when we embarrassingly got our asses kicked by them. I am really hoping for a win. But it’s going to be a dogfight.

I liked how FSU gave tickets to those impacted by Ian for their game against Wake Forest. Good way to do a little something good while also good PR. Maybe we should do the same for tomorrow’s game…
Its sold out. You don’t know who isn’t showing up. You can’t let people in and then the actual ticket holder shows up.

Resell prices at half the cost of Thursday night Temple game prices. $50 for club, $40 for 50 yard line, $20 for Carl Black and Gold, $6 for cheapest.

You think people who had tickets to the Florida game stayed home so they could watch NFL on TV instead? I don't believe that.

When you move a game, people have conflicts of schedule.
Fair amount of those fans that have tickets to UF game likely have a ticket to an NFL game. Either way no one is making special arrangements on short notice for an FCS team, if UCF was playing SC State this week the crowds would be very very small.

Yes. Believe it or not, NFL is bigger. Only way UF game goes up against NFL is Florida St and possibly Georgia week. Not Eastern Washington.
NFL is bigger in overall ratings, sure, but that's not what matters here. I'd like to see data on whether NFL is actually bigger to people who buy tickets to a SEC games. That's the set of people that matters to this situation.

However you also make a good point about it being an FCS game, so its probably hard to draw any conclusions from it. I'm sure it would be different if it were LSU.

ADVERTISEMENT