ADVERTISEMENT

What the hell was that?

Crazyhole

Todd's Tiki Bar
Jun 4, 2004
Anybody else catch Bidens rant just a minute ago? We need social services to go in and teach people how to parent because they don't know, and parents need to keep the record player on.

The other candidates were practically giggling.

Reactions: UCFBS
Anybody else catch Bidens rant just a minute ago? We need social services to go in and teach people how to parent because they don't know, and parents need to keep the record player on.

The other candidates were practically giggling.
we might be seeing the early effects of dementia. he seemed very confused at times last night and didnt make sense.

He definitely has some kind of issue with his brain. He did really pretty good for quite a while and was lucky to be standing next to Bernie, who looked like a mad scientist who is pissed off at clouds and dogs. He just lost cognitive ability during that rant and it was funny and sad at the same time.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
And people wonder why Boomers are voting Republican? Even early Gen-X'ers are being scared. Zoomers are against it too.

Only some late Gen-X'ers and Millennials think the government is the answer to everything.

He just can't talk as fast as the others.

He can for a while, but he doesn't keep it going. I thought he absolutely dominated that debate until that moment, but it was a really bad moment. I don't know if he wears out or what but he doesn't have enough stamina to make it through high pressure situations for long enough to be confident in him.

He can for a while, but he doesn't keep it going. I thought he absolutely dominated that debate until that moment, but it was a really bad moment. I don't know if he wears out or what but he doesn't have enough stamina to make it through high pressure situations for long enough to be confident in him.

I think he feels the time pressure to fit 60 more seconds of speaking into 20 seconds. Debating has nothing to do with being president.

Trump's numbers are pretty much baked in. Without a 3rd party candidate, he can't win. Joe, can probably win without campaigning on likability and familiarity alone.

Trump's numbers are pretty much baked in. Without a 3rd party candidate, he can't win. Joe, can probably win without campaigning on likability and familiarity alone.
I honestly doubt it. The people in the rust belt voted for him because of "jobs". That has improved since he took office so I can't see those states flipping back to someone who was a big part of their angst. The status quo tends to be a big factor when it comes to incumbents when things aren't a total disaster, and quite honestly all of the problems/scandals that have been laid at his feet really dont resonate with the person who is just trying to make a living. It would take a catastrophe of epic proportions for Trump to be beaten, and even a stock market collapse isnt probably on that level.

Reactions: UCFWayne
I honestly doubt it. The people in the rust belt voted for him because of "jobs". That has improved since he took office so I can't see those states flipping back to someone who was a big part of their angst. The status quo tends to be a big factor when it comes to incumbents when things aren't a total disaster, and quite honestly all of the problems/scandals that have been laid at his feet really dont resonate with the person who is just trying to make a living. It would take a catastrophe of epic proportions for Trump to be beaten, and even a stock market collapse isnt probably on that level.
Just wait until the Democrat nominee is selected and watch what happens when Trump starts pounding on all of the statements and policy ideas that are coming out now. The only candidate that could possibly come back to the middle is Biden and he's absolutely defective. That's aside from the fact that the pollsters still don't know how to accurately count Trump voters.

Just wait until the Democrat nominee is selected and watch what happens when Trump starts pounding on all of the statements and policy ideas that are coming out now. The only candidate that could possibly come back to the middle is Biden and he's absolutely defective. That's aside from the fact that the pollsters still don't know how to accurately count Trump voters.

A couple of months ago I thought Harris was his biggest threat but she honestly has no chance of getting the nomination now. Warren is probably the most likely to win the primary but holy cow is she unlikeable and comes across almost as angry as Bernie. It won't happen, but Buttegieg is probably their best shot because he checks all of the boxes and seems like the adult in the room more often than not. That being said, he probably doesn't stand a chance on the big stage. It's just a very weak field all the way around and they're going up against an incumbent so the chances of beating him are pretty slim. The race to the left has stranded most of them in the general election so whoever goes up against him is at best a sacrificial lamb.

For the few minutes I watched last night, Biden looked like a bufoon and Warren came across much better (although her message was garbage). The dems better hope Biden nor Sanders get the nod.

Agree with a normal president.

He was running against HRC, and he was the more likable (if you want to call it that) candidate and barely won (electoral college win). Trump has never gotten above water in approval ratings and his disapproval rating is consistently 55%. I don't see him winning Pennsylvania, Michigan or Wisconsin again. Trump has become even more erratic the last 2 months, and I believe this will only increase as he sees himself consistently down 8-10 points in the polls.

That's a myth. They counted Trump's voters just fine. The polls had HRC winning a national popularity vote by 2-3%, and that is exactly what happened. Trump needs to worry if he's down 8-10 points, which Biden is consistently polling at. Agree with Bernie or Warren. You can attack Biden all you want to, he's a known quantity, everyone knows what they are getting.

That's a myth. They counted Trump's voters just fine. The polls had HRC winning a national popularity vote by 2-3%, and that is exactly what happened. Trump needs to worry if he's down 8-10 points, which Biden is consistently polling at. Agree with Bernie or Warren. You can attack Biden all you want to, he's a known quantity, everyone knows what they are getting.
This not a true and complete statement and it is not a myth. Besides that many of the major polls were from 3 - 6 points in the popular vote, they all had Clinton winning the electoral college by a decent margin. From the Pew article below:

"With few exceptions, the final round of public polling showed Clinton with a lead of 1 to 7 percentage points in the national popular vote."

"Relying largely on opinion polls, election forecasters put Clinton’s chance of winning at anywhere from 70% to as high as 99%, and pegged her as the heavy favorite to win a number of states such as Pennsylvania and Wisconsin that in the end were taken by Trump."

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/09/why-2016-election-polls-missed-their-mark/

Also, The Wrap listed the major polls on Monday before the election:

Bloomberg: Clinton +3

CBS News: Clinton +4

Fox News: Clinton +4

Reuters: Clinton +3

ABC/Washington Post: Clinton +4

Monmouth: Clinton +6

Economist/YouGov: Clinton +4

Rasmussem: Clinton +2

NBC News: Clinton +6

https://www.thewrap.com/every-poll-that-got-election-wrong-donald-trump/

This not a true and complete statement and it is not a myth. Besides that many of the major polls were from 3 - 6 points in the popular vote, they all had Clinton winning the electoral college by a decent margin. From the Pew article below:

"With few exceptions, the final round of public polling showed Clinton with a lead of 1 to 7 percentage points in the national popular vote."

"Relying largely on opinion polls, election forecasters put Clinton’s chance of winning at anywhere from 70% to as high as 99%, and pegged her as the heavy favorite to win a number of states such as Pennsylvania and Wisconsin that in the end were taken by Trump."

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/09/why-2016-election-polls-missed-their-mark/

That's all national polling. There really wasn't good state polling, there never is.

There would be very few undecided voters in a Biden vs Trump match up.

National polling got it right, Trump won based on 5 or 6 states where they got it wrong. Nobody predicted him winning Pennsylvania or Wisconsin, but on a national level they pretty much nailed it.

There would be very few undecided voters in a Biden vs Trump match up.
Disagree. That is the matchup where undecideds play a huge factor. Bernie or Warren make it a much clearer choice from the onset, Biden is way more of a moderate wildcard. I could see a lot of people waffling there, but nobody else in the field is even close to that.

Disagree. That is the matchup where undecideds play a huge factor. Bernie or Warren make it a much clearer choice from the onset, Biden is way more of a moderate wildcard. I could see a lot of people waffling there, but nobody else in the field is even close to that.

What else do you (or anybody else) need to learn about Joe Biden that you do not already know?

I think polling has been and will be a joke, but I agree that Biden probably could comfortably win against Trump. People do not want a huge shift to the left from any of the other candidates and there are probably a decent number of center-righties who would give Crazy Uncle Joe a look, if it meant 4 years of him sitting quietly at a desk with a Republican Senate in check.

I don't believe for a second that someone who thinks the Trump WH is "too out there" is going to opt for a Warren or Sanders WH who will be way too far out there just trying to go the total opposite way.

For every 1 waffling voter that may go either way between Trump and Biden there will be 2 liberals that aren't engaged because nothing they care about is on the table. That's the reason Hillary lost. Low turnout due to the fact that she had 0 big policies. She ran on the platform that she wasn't Donald Trump and that's what Biden is trying to do.

Anyone who's still deciding on supporting Trump in 2020 will never vote Democrat anyway so you might as well fire up the voters that normally stay home.

For every 1 waffling voter that may go either way between Trump and Biden there will be 2 liberals that aren't engaged because nothing they care about is on the table. That's the reason Hillary lost. Low turnout due to the fact that she had 0 big policies. She ran on the platform that she wasn't Donald Trump and that's what Biden is trying to do.

Anyone who's still deciding on supporting Trump in 2020 will never vote Democrat anyway so you might as well fire up the voters that normally stay home.

Not true at all. I’m having dinner as we speak with someone who is voting against Trump 100% UNLESS a Warren or Sanders is the nominee.

There absolutely are people who would vote democrat unless they throw a left wing fringe candidate out there

Not true at all. I’m having dinner as we speak with someone who is voting against Trump 100% UNLESS a Warren or Sanders is the nominee.

There absolutely are people who would vote democrat unless they throw a left wing fringe candidate out there
Spoiler: the "fringe" candidates have like 70% of the primary poll numbers. Hope this helps.

Everybody hates Hillary. The same can't be said about Biden.

"In my opinion, Republicans should primary Trump with someone more moderate."

You see how that statement holds little weight coming from someone like me.

Hopefully you're smart enough to realize the reverse is true as well.

"In my opinion, Republicans should primary Trump with someone more moderate."

You see how that statement holds little weight coming from someone like me.

Hopefully you're smart enough to realize the reverse is true as well.

You’ve already declared you won’t vote for a centrist so I look forward to you not voting for Biden when he’s the nominee

Everybody hates Hillary. The same can't be said about Biden.
The only candidate for president with lower favorability than Hillary was Trump and he won. What s your point? Democrats don't need to spend their time converting undecided voters. Anyone who's undecided on Trump at this point is just ashamed to admit they support him but they'll never vote dem.

Dems need to convert non-voters into voters. Millennials Gen-Z Minorities need to be convinced to come out to the polls. If we get 5-10% more activity from those groups by offering things they care about then it doesn't matter if 85's friend from dinner votes Trump over Warren.

Reactions: NinjaKnight

Also, you're a rude POS for posting on a message board during dinner. Get your shit together you filthy millennial.

ADVERTISEMENT