ADVERTISEMENT

Whats the better burger place (central florida)

Dmarino110

Diamond Knight
Oct 9, 2001
So in Orlando we have 5 guys, burger fi, and burger 21 for chains. We also have juniors, Oblivion, and of course the ravenous pig for 1 off shops.

(forgot jimmy Hulas and graffiti junction)

So whats the best burger place in central florida (it can go to tampa if need be)...

My choice is the Pig, but that's not necessarily just a burger place...
This post was edited on 1/28 5:59 AM by Dmarino110

I'm partial to Graffiti Junktion. It's a good sized and well seasoned burger for the price. They also have tasty fries.

Johnny's Filling Station on Michigan south of downtown was once voted best burger. I haven't been in a couple years but they were pretty good.

Burger 21 isn't as good as Burger Fi and they're cheap with the fries. They give you a tiny little cup for like $3!

Five Guys is good but very greasy. I love their fries too.

If you're sensing a theme, yes, the fries have to be just as good as the burger or else it ruins it for me.

Depends what kind of burger you want.
If you want a sloppy, delicious, burger mess... Shake Shack kills.

If you want a deliciously crafted burger with a great cheese, on a fresh baked bun and organic greens... nothing beats Rav. Pig.

There are a lot of great burger joints around these days. The best Ive had so far is Burger Fi.

I like Grafiti Junktion. Surprisingly good is BJ's Brewhouse or whatever they are called over there at the Mall at Millenia. I wouldn't say it is the best, but it definitely is above average.

Originally posted by knightalum74:
That One Spot (on 50 & Maguire Rd, in the Ocoee/Windermere/Winter Garden area). It was one of the top 5 in some recent poll, but definitely our favorite.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
I will have to try the one on 50...I work 5 minutes away

Anything but Shake Shack. Seriously, the most over-priced and overrated meal I've had in quite some time. When I saw the cook mash the patties on the grill with his spat, I knew it was downhill from there. The only positive I give them is the fountain Fanta Grape and "Purple Cow" float (as my grandmother used to make those for me).

I'd go with 5 Guys simply because of the perfect mix of quality, value and available toppings (though there are obviously other joints w/ "better" burgers in terms of the meat itself).

Originally posted by tribbleorlfl:
Anything but Shake Shack. Seriously, the most over-priced and overrated meal I've had in quite some time. When I saw the cook mash the patties on the grill with his spat, I knew it was downhill from there. The only positive I give them is the fountain Fanta Grape and "Purple Cow" float (as my grandmother used to make those for me).

I'd go with 5 Guys simply because of the perfect mix of quality, value and available toppings (though there are obviously other joints w/ "better" burgers in terms of the meat itself).
I almost agreed with your opinioni until you said that Five Guys has the best burger in Orlando. Five Guys is disgusting. You lost all credibility.

I hope you realize that smashing a burger atop a ripping hot flat-top is a viable cooking style designed the get the maximum amount of delicious crust on a burger. If cooked correctly, this burger can be juicy and delicious in a very short amount of time. It's a good style that a number of very highly rated restaurants employ.

Originally posted by Dmarino110:

So in Orlando we have 5 guys, burger fi, and burger 21 for chains. We also have juniors, Oblivion, and of course the ravenous pig for 1 off shops.

So whats the best burger place in central florida (it can go to tampa if need be)...

Shake Shack doesn't live up to the hype. Hamburger Marys actually has a good burger. BurgerFi, Burger21, Five Guys all good as well.

One of the best burgers I ever had was at Earl's in Miami (it's a Canadian joint).

Ya'll gotta get over to St Pete and try the Avenue burgers:

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

Originally posted by CFTS-Knight:
5 guys and burger-fi are good. very similar, but i like the choice of toppings. value not as great w them due to small size. graffiti junktion burgers are tasty and a good value. as far as one offs- ive had the one at dubsdread that is always winning awards. meh.

i kind of feel that most burgers are pretty much the same. just have to find a personal preference. some just "feel better" in my mouth than others. -_-
Low value due to small size is an increased value in my eyes, unless you feel like 50 years of life is enough.

Originally posted by UCFRogerz:

I almost agreed with your opinioni until you said that Five Guys has the best burger in Orlando. Five Guys is disgusting. You lost all credibility.
Yup. Five Guys has waaaaaaay over rated burgers. Honestly, I really don't buy burgers or go to too many burger places. I grill better burgers than most places can so why would I go out for them? I'd rather order something I wouldn't take the time to make.

Live in Atlanta but from what your guys are listing...Team Shake Shack.

I do love Burger Fi too though.

Rav. pig I haven't had the burger but wouldn't doubt it's amazing.

Originally posted by bqknight:

Shake Shack doesn't live up to the hype. Hamburger Marys actually has a good burger. BurgerFi, Burger21, Five Guys all good as well.

One of the best burgers I ever had was at Earl's in Miami (it's a Canadian joint).
Where in Miami?

Shake Shack is awesome. Hamburger Mary's is fine except service can be hit or miss depending on whether your server has gotten laid in the past week (seriously, I've had some of the bitchiest male and female servers in my life there--no surprise).

Burger 21 is a joke. Five Guys is fine.

Originally posted by CFTS-Knight:

Originally posted by fabknight:

Originally posted by UCFRogerz:

Yup. Five Guys has waaaaaaay over rated burgers. Honestly, I really don't buy burgers or go to too many burger places. I grill better burgers than most places can so why would I go out for them? I'd rather order something I wouldn't take the time to make.
Burgers are similar to alcohol/pizza preferences ---- what's great for some are vile to others. I have yet heard of a place that EVERYONE agrees has the best burger. For some, its all about the toppings or the meat, for others it's all about the atmosphere or the fries/ beer. Really, if you're eating a burger out anywhere, you're pretty lucky*

*disregarding fast food of course!
Sure, I can agree with that, but Five Guys is McDonalds+ and equally disgusting.

Where in Miami?
Dadeland. It was a new addition when they added the new wing to the mall. They only have about 3 burgers and they aren't cheap but ugh it was good.

Originally posted by sk8knight:

I hope you realize that smashing a burger atop a ripping hot flat-top is a viable cooking style designed the get the maximum amount of delicious crust on a burger. If cooked correctly, this burger can be juicy and delicious in a very short amount of time. It's a good style that a number of very highly rated restaurants employ.
I disagree. Smashing on a grill, while flattening the meat to get more surface area, expresses the fat and juices from the meat (it essentially fries in it's own fat). Contrary to popular belief, cooked protein is not like a sponge; once you squeeze the moisture out, it's gone. That's why burgers cooked in this method typically have liberal amounts of mayo-based special sauce and/or cheese.

Old-school burger joints and short order cooks use this method not to specifically add a crust but to speed up cooking and cover for the fact they've typically using a cheaper, high-fat grind. The "highly-rated" restaurants you referred to that are hanging their shingles on smashing are capitalizing on the hipster vintage appeal.

In my experience (classicaly-trained by an old-school, swearing, sexist French chef in culinary school, was a chef for 7 years before making a career change), the "best" burgers are pat dry, put on a clean, hot grill, flipped once and otherwise left the hell alone.

Originally posted by chemmie:
Depends what kind of burger you want.
If you want a sloppy, delicious, burger mess... Shake Shack kills.

If you want a deliciously crafted burger with a great cheese, on a fresh baked bun and organic greens... nothing beats Rav. Pig.
Agree completely. If you like a burger on the gourmet side of things, the Rusty Spoon's burger is fantastic as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT