ADVERTISEMENT

Whats the new hotness in routers?

NinjaKnight

Todd's Tiki Bar
Feb 18, 2007
Been working my old router hard over the last 7 years, but just upgraded my internet so figured its probably time to get something that can support it. I saw Google has their own router and I'm a pretty big G fanboi but it really doesn't look like it does anything cool at all (I watched the promo video on their page and 75% of it was just advertising how it doesn't drop your device...which I've never had a problem with but I don't like in a 10k sq ft medieval castle with faraday cages for rooms).

So basically I want something:

1) Cool (802.1 a/b/c/N/AC/LGBTQ+ etc)
2) Maybe some sort of home automation / voice command built in. I could see myself hopping on the Nest train and getting connected thermostat/lightning/sex toys.

TIA

I got in on the preorder for Amplifi from Ubiquiti; it's essentially a scaled-down, consumer-level offering of the enterprise mesh networks they've been making for years.

It handles tons of devices, flawless streaming (including 4k Netflix) and incredible range (I can get a full signal outside while I mow my lawn).

Probably overkill for most situations, but it completely removed all dead spots in my home.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT