ADVERTISEMENT

What's your top concern?

Mine is offense/defense staff operating harmoniously on gameday. I can see finger pointing if things start going sideways. I hope Shannon understands that if everything goes according to plan, we are going to lose the TOP battle every single week.

Reactions: UCFhonors
Mine is linebackers, particularly the pass rush. Losing Griffin is going to hurt bad. Jasinski will be fine up the middle. That handsome sum a bish should have a great year. It's the outside that concerns me.

Reactions: SublimeKnight
Defensive philosophy. From what I have read, Shannon seems to have a very basic philosophy, not doing anything to confuse the offense, and limited basic blitzes.

Clever.

In all honesty, the biggest concern really shoukd be buy-in. For every success like frost at UCF there is a Dubose at Bama or Strong at Texass where it just doesnt work.
I’m worried (not really) that the entire state of Nobraska will pull a Jim Jones if they lose to Troy or Colorado. Wasn’t it laced Kool-Aide?

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
I’m worried (not really) that the entire state of Nobraska will pull a Jim Jones if they lose to Troy or Colorado. Wasn’t it laced Kool-Aide?

You better believe it. I still remember back in 96 when AZ st beat us for pur first loss in 2 years and there were tv reports about how the suicide hotline had double the traffic the next day. People here are crazy about husker football.

You better believe it. I still remember back in 96 when AZ st beat us for pur first loss in 2 years and there were tv reports about how the suicide hotline had double the traffic the next day. People here are crazy about husker football.
Really? I would have never believed it? :joy:

Reactions: Dwooderson
Defensive philosophy. From what I have read, Shannon seems to have a very basic philosophy, not doing anything to confuse the offense, and limited basic blitzes.
O'leary's defenses didn't blitz a lot, and they were usually stout. It's hard to say what Shannon is going to do, but I highly doubt he is not going to do anything to confuse offenses. A lot of the success or failure of the defense will be d-line play and it's pass rush, but I think they will be fine.

O'leary's defenses didn't blitz a lot, and they were usually stout. It's hard to say what Shannon is going to do, but I highly doubt he is not going to do anything to confuse offenses. A lot of the success or failure of the defense will be d-line play and it's pass rush, but I think they will be fine.

Its all about blitz packages.

Especially since a lot of talk about him hanging in the pocket more, got to protect his blind side......
Looking at MM stats last year it would be crazy to change the way he plays. JH would be smart to run a very similar passing attack until MM graduates.
My favorite stat “MM was #1 in passing efficiency for QB’s returning to school next season”

That we lose our top 4 defensive tackles after this year and then have to play FAU, Pitt and Stanford 3 weeks in a row in 2019 with inexperienced D tackles (yes, I'm assuming that Trysten declares after this season).

I know this is a 2019 concern and not about the upcoming season. However, the topic is what is your "top" concern. That is mine. That we finally get the toughest OOC schedule that we have ever had, but it occurs when our defensive line may be at its most inexperienced point that we have had in the last 5 years.

Looking at MM stats last year it would be crazy to change the way he plays. JH would be smart to run a very similar passing attack until MM graduates.
My favorite stat “MM was #1 in passing efficiency for QB’s returning to school next season”
Yes he had a great year. But improving is never a crazy idea. Everyone can improve. That's the nature of being a competitor.

Keeping my beer cold, cause watching this show....

giphy.gif

Reactions: Mikesi
Yes he had a great year. But improving is never a crazy idea. Everyone can improve. That's the nature of being a competitor.
Why leave your most valuable asset standing in the pocket longer when we have 5 weapons ready for a quick toss who can make one guy miss and go 80 yards?

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Why leave your most valuable asset standing in the pocket longer when we have 5 weapons ready for a quick toss who can make one guy miss and go 80 yards?

I agree. That said, is it safer for a QB in the pocket or running the ball? Running QBs might have a bigger target on their back and will likely get hit in ways that will cause more injuries.

That we lose our top 4 defensive tackles after this year and then have to play FAU, Pitt and Stanford 3 weeks in a row in 2019 with inexperienced D tackles (yes, I'm assuming that Trysten declares after this season).

I know this is a 2019 concern and not about the upcoming season. However, the topic is what is your "top" concern. That is mine. That we finally get the toughest OOC schedule that we have ever had, but it occurs when our defensive line may be at its most inexperienced point that we have had in the last 5 years.

It's also the most talented D-line that we'll have. We still have Zio, Zayas, Cholewa. 6'7" & 6'8"

I agree. That said, is it safer for a QB in the pocket or running the ball? Running QBs might have a bigger target on their back and will likely get hit in ways that will cause more injuries.

MM doesn't really look to run. He extends the pocket and looks for open teammates. If none of them are open, then he runs for big yards. It's unstoppable if everybody is doing their part.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT