ADVERTISEMENT

When did Orlando become a Left-Wing Circle Jerk?

Jedi.Knight

Bronze Knight
Apr 21, 2008
Too many northerners coming down and bringing their political disease with them.

Perhaps a cog in the wheel, but Puerto Ricans didn't make that big of a dent in the political landscape. Surely the transplants from New York, Boston, and Jersey are the real issue here.
You know what I HATE about this stinking city? Most of the places around here...when I stand in line I'm the ONLY white English speaking person in the whole place. They have taken over every stinking thing. You can't go anywhere without being in the minority among them. And they are the loudest filthy people with their crappy music playing as though they were DEAF or something. They turn everything to GARBAGE.

You know what I HATE about this stinking city? Most of the places around here...when I stand in line I'm the ONLY white English speaking person in the whole place. They have taken over every stinking thing. You can't go anywhere without being in the minority among them. And they are the loudest filthy people with their crappy music playing as though they were DEAF or something. They turn everything to GARBAGE.

Congratulations fake troll

Reactions: UCFKnightfan08
Too many northerners coming down and bringing their political disease with them.

As the city grows ... and as UCF grows ... you have more and more people making a living off the government. That means more and more Democrats that will vote to protect their own self interest.

Reactions: Knight_Light
Orlando (proper) is my favorite city in Florida. It's young, progressive and by Florida standards, the people are nice.

I don't consider Kissimmee/Osceola county, "Orlando". Neither do I consider Sanford "Orlando".

If you don't like it, leave. There are plenty of other cities in this great country for you to live in.

Orlando (proper) is my favorite city in Florida. It's young, progressive and by Florida standards, the people are nice.

I don't consider Kissimmee/Osceola county, "Orlando". Neither do I consider Sanford "Orlando".

If you don't like it, leave. There are plenty of other cities in this great country for you to live in.

Like it or leave it?? Xenophobe!

Reactions: UCFWayne

I think Orlando is pretty middle of the road rather than progressive. Part of it, though, is the transient nature of the populace. The identity will tend to have shifts.

Though, I’m surprised that you favor Orlando over Miami/FTL. My friends frequently lament the lack of a “gay-borhood.” On the flip side, the softball league we all play in on Sunday is a great example of Orlando’s acceptance. Just figured there’s more in Miami/FTL.

Man, fuuck you. I was here long before the liberal caravan came here looking for a nice place to infect after fuucking up the places where they originally came from like, Chicago and Baltimore.

Orange County-Orlando has long been blue.
It's Seminole County that has been far more red.

• Dislike
Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
Man, fuuck you. I was here long before the liberal caravan came here looking for a nice place to infect after fuucking up the places where they originally came from like, Chicago and Baltimore.
Old Orlando vs New Orlando

Orange County had similar D-R margins to Palm, Broward, & Dade Counties this cycle. The Percent Gap was actually larger for the Dem Candidates in Orange County than Dade this Midterm & it may stay that way in the future given the demographics of Orlando tilting Younger. But I actually think Orlando is more comparable to Austin, Texas than Ft. Lauderdale or Miami.

Orange County:
Bill Nelson (DEM): 61.75%
Rick Scott (REP): 37.98%

Andrew Gillum (DEM): 62.21%
Ron DeSantis (REP) : 36.61%

Dade County:
DEM Bill Nelson: 60.42%
REP Rick Scott: 39.36%

DEM Andrew Gillum: 59.89%
REP Ron DeSantis: 38.98%

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Orange County had similar D-R margins to Palm, Broward, & Dade Counties this cycle. The Percent Gap was actually larger for the Dem Candidates in Orange County than Dade this Midterm & it may stay that way in the future given the demographics of Orlando tilting Younger. But I actually think Orlando is more comparable to Austin, Texas than Ft. Lauderdale or Miami.

Orange County:
Bill Nelson (DEM): 61.75%
Rick Scott (REP): 37.98%

Andrew Gillum (DEM): 62.21%
Ron DeSantis (REP) : 36.61%

Dade County:
DEM Bill Nelson: 60.42%
REP Rick Scott: 39.36%

DEM Andrew Gillum: 59.89%
REP Ron DeSantis: 38.98%

The government cheese vote is coming

Reactions: Jedi.Knight
Simple solution: GET...THE...FVCK...OUT. I'll gladly buy you a Greyhound ticket and will personally hand deliver it to you.

Any area of diverse backgrounds meeting and having to work with each other, tend to be liberal. That's why if you look at the map of the U.S. and major universities, you'll see blue radiating from it.

Realizing your way of life isn't the only way, changes you.

Actually liberals in big cities tend to think their way of living is the only reasonable way, and spit and look down on rural communities

Old Orlando vs New Orlando
Yes, and sadly the new Orlando is going to go the way of Chicago, Baltimore and every other liberal cesspool in the nation. If you thought Orlando--with it's severely depressed service industry wages and skyrocketing rent--was a disaster before, just wait until the real crap hits the fan.

Usually you’ll find that intelligent people tend to gather in big cities and college towns. Thus, there are more Democrats than Republicans in Orlando and other similar cities.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Democrats like to bankrupt cities. Hopefully the hand out party doesn't break out in Orlando

Thank God the intelligent people voted for DeSantis. Imagine having some of these nitwit lefties mayors PLUS a nitwit Governor, trying to install an income tax and massive corporate tax hike?

Reactions: UCFKnightfan08
I thoroughly enjoy how some people on this board consistently call the greatest cities in the world cesspools and trash.

Do you also enjoy how some people insist that smart people only exist in big cities?

:rolleyes:

2 things that I think will be interesting to follow in future voting:
1 - felons getting their right to vote back
2 - Republicans in NY. Crazy eyes won, dem controlled all over up there, I've already had friends and family mention moving down here - I wonder if some will run from the taxes that are certainly going in.

2 things that I think will be interesting to follow in future voting:
1 - felons getting their right to vote back
2 - Republicans in NY. Crazy eyes won, dem controlled all over up there, I've already had friends and family mention moving down here - I wonder if some will run from the taxes that are certainly going in.

At least we know Andrew Gillum will be able to vote again some day

At least we know Andrew Gillum will be able to vote again some day

giphy.gif

Reactions: Crazyhole
Thank God the intelligent people voted for DeSantis. Imagine having some of these nitwit lefties mayors PLUS a nitwit Governor, trying to install an income tax and massive corporate tax hike?
:joy::joy::joy: This “intelligent person” is ignorant of the FL constitution.

:joy::joy::joy: This “intelligent person” is ignorant of the FL constitution.

Right bud. Gillum was going to massively hike education funding AND pay for Medicare for All purely by increasing the corporate tax rate. That’s it!

[pfftt]

Right bud. Gillum was going to massively hike education funding AND pay for Medicare for All purely by increasing the corporate tax rate. That’s it!

[pfftt]
Well, he did say he was going to get the federal government to pay for a good portion of it.

Well, he did say he was going to get the federal government to pay for a good portion of it.

Which is hilarious. It's like 0% plausible like most of his promises. The bluest of blue states have all slobbered over Medicare for All and exactly 0 of them have actually done it. They won't have it funded by the Federal Government and it's totally unfeasible at the State level. If it was feasible, CA would have jumped blindly into years ago. Yet even the furthest left politicians in the country can't bring themselves to try it.

Reactions: UCFWayne

[pfftt]

:oops: Do you even understand how the government of the state of Florida works? A governor can't increase the corporate tax rate without the legislature (which is 57% GOP in the FL Senate and 65% GOP in the FL House). What he can do is make education funding a priority and provide a check on extreme right-wing government which we are getting dangerously close to. I'm not a fan of Rick Scott but he did moderate the FL House/Senate the last 8 years by providing a veto to some batsh*t crazy legislation and keeping them from going off the deep end. Beta male Ron DeSantis probably won't have as strong of a backbone.

Do you also enjoy how some people insist that smart people only exist in big cities?

Typically, more educated people do live in urban/suburban areas - however - I do not think educated equals smart.

I know plenty of people who have college degrees and are dumb as a brick and I know some people who never went to college and are some of the smartest people I know.

Reactions: sk8knight
:oops: Do you even understand how the government of the state of Florida works? A governor can't increase the corporate tax rate without the legislature (which is 57% GOP in the FL Senate and 65% GOP in the FL House). What he can do is make education funding a priority and provide a check on extreme right-wing government which we are getting dangerously close to. I'm not a fan of Rick Scott but he did moderate the FL House/Senate the last 8 years by providing a veto to some batsh*t crazy legislation and keeping them from going off the deep end. Beta male Ron DeSantis probably won't have as strong of a backbone.

lol so now Scott is a moderate? I was told for years that he's an extreme right wing lunatic hell bent on destroying FL! Pink Slip Rick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, you do know that there's a Presidential national election in 2 years? All it would take is for Gillum to win office, spend 2 years yelling at his base that he would implement these tax hikes and spending increases, if only these damn Republicans were out of his way! Then you possibly get a turnover in the FL Legislature in 2020 and we're on track to have all of these terrible ideas move ahead.

It's a risk not worth taking. I didn't want a guy in office who WOULD do these things if he had the means to.

Also using "beta male" is highly offensive and just speaks to your toxic masculinity. I was told this by the Woke folks on this board.

Usually you’ll find that intelligent people tend to gather in big cities and college towns. Thus, there are more Democrats than Republicans in Orlando and other similar cities.

It's deeper than that. The Republican Party is becoming whiter and less inclusive. Cities tend to be more diverse and comfortable with the Democratic Party on its surface.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT