ADVERTISEMENT

Where's the outrage?

anon_ki59ERik4csguoSd

Five-Star Recruit
Nov 11, 2017
When people say "you haven't played anyone." Why aren't teams like Cincy, Houston, USF, etc. clapping back with "hey, f off, we beat your ass on (insert date here), we'll take you on anytime"?

When UCF goes 25-0 and denied a playoff spot, where are teams like Boise, Fresno St., etc.? Why aren't they jumping in there just as pissed off because they realize that means they have no shot either?

Why is UCF the only one making noise? Why is DW the only one with the balls to call out the corrupt system?

This is everyone in every day life. Just got my dick stepped on hard at work because people don't want to make waves.

They're content.

When people say "you haven't played anyone." Why aren't teams like Cincy, Houston, USF, etc. clapping back with "hey, f off, we beat your ass on (insert date here), we'll take you on anytime"?

When UCF goes 25-0 and denied a playoff spot, where are teams like Boise, Fresno St., etc.? Why aren't they jumping in there just as pissed off because they realize that means they have no shot either?

Why is UCF the only one making noise? Why is DW the only one with the balls to call out the corrupt system?

UCF is in denial. Youre on a great run and feeling good. The truth is, UCF doesn’t have the resources and nowhere near the talent level to compete consistently at a high level. You beat a good Auburn team last year and that was an amazing achievement, but one big win, two or three wins doesn’t make your program a powerhouse. Y’all went 0-12 a few years ago. Of the top 70 recruits in Florida, not one is going to UCF. Instate talent thinks lowly of you.

UCF is in denial. Youre on a great run and feeling good. The truth is, UCF doesn’t have the resources and nowhere near the talent level to compete consistently at a high level. You beat a good Auburn team last year and that was an amazing achievement, but one big win, two or three wins doesn’t make your program a powerhouse. Y’all went 0-12 a few years ago. Of the top 70 recruits in Florida, not one is going to UCF. Instate talent thinks lowly of you.
lol

You're confusing cause and effect. We don't get the recruits because we don't have access to the playoffs. We are trying to change the system by sparking outrage. If expansion happens for 8 teams with a G5 spot, we will get the recruits and resources.

Lol. How much to cross over the bridge?

You're confusing cause and effect. We don't get the recruits because we don't have access to the playoffs. We are trying to change the system by sparking outrage. If expansion happens for 8 teams with a G5 spot, we will get the recruits and resources.

I disagree. Getting access to the playoffs won’t change that alone. Getting out of somewhere labeled “G5” will.

LSU will shut this conversation down. Cinderella will find herself shoeless again. Tired of hearing the most delusional fan base ever talk about how they are shafted. You wanna wear big boy pants, time to play some big boy teams!

LSU will shut this conversation down. Cinderella will find herself shoeless again. Tired of hearing the most delusional fan base ever talk about how they are shafted. You wanna wear big boy pants, time to play some big boy teams!

What a sad and lonely person. I’m glad I spend my free time on a board for a team that I support, instead of trying to belittle fans of another board. Your take is well known on this board and nobody gives a sh*t. Go make some friends in the real world, then maybe you wouldn’t need to justify your self worth by being here beating your chest.

UCF will always be behind UF, FSU, and probably Miami. Even if you join a major conference you still have nothing on the other programs.

UCF is a great coming of age story in CFB, and I get a lot of pleasure out of following your team and fans from afar. My one concern is what happens to the momentum your team, fans and AD created during this streak when losses begin to occur. Has this been a big enough moment in time to keep the UCF fans engaged and buying tickets if there are any lean years ahead? I sure hope not, and I believe that is what truly separates the CFB fan bases.

There’s some truth to what he’s saying. It’s unrealistic to think that any team could have sustained success if they’re not recruiting nearly as well as the teams they’re playing against. The hope is that we can get into a better conference and then recruit significantly better prospects.

UCF is a great coming of age story in CFB, and I get a lot of pleasure out of following your team and fans from afar. My one concern is what happens to the momentum your team, fans and AD created during this streak when losses begin to occur. Has this been a big enough moment in time to keep the UCF fans engaged and buying tickets if there are any lean years ahead? I sure hope not, and I believe that is what truly separates the CFB fan bases.

Since Dwight Howard left Orlando we've haven't really had a sports scene. Finally, Orlando has a sports scene. I don't see the "losses beginning to occur" while playing in the AAC. 10-2 to 12-0 every year should be possible with this recruiting pool, facilities and conference. Frankly, that should have happened in the GOL days but his recruiting was sub-par.

Why are ND fans here? Don't you have a shift at Applebees to get to? ND is winning so now their fans crawl out from under a rock to brag about how great the Irish are. I'm glad you grew up in the Northeast or your dad is from the northeast or you drove through Indiana once, but GTFO with your dumb fandom.

Apparently we are not the only one........

Since Dwight Howard left Orlando we've haven't really had a sports scene. Finally, Orlando has a sports scene. I don't see the "losses beginning to occur" while playing in the AAC. 10-2 to 12-0 every year should be possible with this recruiting pool, facilities and conference. Frankly, that should have happened in the GOL days but his recruiting was sub-par.
The 2 losses in a year is what concerned me. While most teams would give their right leg to only lose 2, does this "young" fan base have it in them to keep up their enthusiasm if/when that happens?

The 2 losses in a year is what concerned me. While most teams would give their right leg to only lose 2, does this "young" fan base have it in them to keep up their enthusiasm if/when that happens?

The tailgating and games are really fun, it's like a party! I don't think that there is a similar college football experience this far south in the US (weather is great)! As long as they are scoring points people will come out and watch. That was the ADs design when building a program, high powered, fast tempo offensive minded head coaches. Floridians have always loved this type of football, .ie Miami Dolphins, Miami Hurricanes, Florida Gators, Florida State Seminoles, FAMU Rattlers, Bethune Cookman Tigers, Jacksonville Dolphins. This type of game sells tickets.

Reactions: SECpolitician
As long as we're playing good, exciting football, people will come.

That's the issue with USF. They were 7-0 and couldn't get anyone to come to their games because anyone that saw them knew they weren't playing good football. No one wants to see that.

College football is so bizarre. In no other sport do unaffiliated 3rd parties root for Goliath to crush David. But CFB fans seem to have Stockholm syndrome with Bama or something and just want to see the same teams at the top every year
it's weird. The only major sport that has this mindset from so many fans.

Reactions: Mikesi

I'm going to assume it's because they actually know the difference between the P5 and the G5. They're not delusional.

It would be nearly impossible for any G5 team to go undefeated in the Big 10 or the SEC. Heck, it's tough enough for the P5 teams to do so.

It sucks that the playoffs are only 4 teams, but it is what it is at this point. Hopefully it goes to 8 teams soon.

College football is so bizarre. In no other sport do unaffiliated 3rd parties root for Goliath to crush David. But CFB fans seem to have Stockholm syndrome with Bama or something and just want to see the same teams at the top every year

Not true. Boise and Utah were great stories a few years ago. UCF was a great story last year but a lot of people got tired of all of the UCF whining when the Knights were left out of playoff (and rightfully so) and the claim to a "National Championship."

UCF will always be behind UF, FSU, and probably Miami. Even if you join a major conference you still have nothing on the other programs.

Translateed...let me spout off some nonsense because I know nothing about UCF, the School, the football program. I just spit out what I read on the internet and what other SEC fans tell me...

This is a bitter leprechaun. Sucks that we are stealing a little spotlight eh?

Reactions: Mikesi
Nobody is rooting for Bama other than their fanbase. Same for notre Dame and Clemson to a lesser degree.

Everybody loves a cinderella story.

UCF has been built on lean years. We have a very loyal base through some of the worst of the worst. Will we be selling out our stadium in lean years? Probably not, but who does. People following from afar think we just materialized 3 years ago. UCF has been building its program better and better. Lots of highs and lots of lows. But we are a young fanbase and are creating a really unique brand. You can love us or hate us, as Lee Corso said "we don't care". We don't measure our success by what other think.

That’s what T10 Louisville said...T10 Baylor....T10 Auburn. UCF = 3-0.

As opposed to 0-5 in NY6 since 2000....getting blown out....giving up 40+ ppg...that’s ND. Soon to be 0-6 with another blowout & 40+ pts allowed likely.

The AAC East is better than more than one P5 division. I'm tired of hearing we don't play anyone. Without the inter-conference play that would be necessary to know for sure, SoS is just circular P5 exhaust-breathing.

I'm tired of hearing we'd be P5-quality if we only had P5 money and recruiting. That's BS. We are P5 quality _now_, and the AAC is P5 quality even without the money and recruiting.

Cincinnati not being ranked at 10-2 with one loss being to #7 and the other to a strong Temple team is a joke. C-USA teams were treated better than this by pollsters and media when we were there.

P6 not only is a true thing; I'm not convinced we're even the lowest of the 6.

You mean like Pitt who you almost lost to?

Was there a lot of talk in 2016 when Western Michigan went undefeated and finished 15th in final playoff rankings behind a 4 loss Auburn team?

Generally speaking most fanbases are not caring about other teams, especially from other conferences.

The AAC East is better than more than one P5 division. I'm tired of hearing we don't play anyone. Without the inter-conference play that would be necessary to know for sure, SoS is just circular P5 exhaust-breathing.

I'm tired of hearing we'd be P5-quality if we only had P5 money and recruiting. That's BS. We are P5 quality _now_, and the AAC is P5 quality even without the money and recruiting.

Cincinnati not being ranked at 10-2 with one loss being to #7 and the other to a strong Temple team is a joke. C-USA teams were treated better than this by pollsters and media when we were there.

P6 not only is a true thing; I'm not convinced we're even the lowest of the 6.

^
This.

The problem is, these people just don't know any better. The bottom of the AAC in any given year is no worse than the bottom of the ACC or the PAC-12 or any other conference. People always try to compare us to the SEC, which is wrong. The SEC may very well be the best conference, but that doesn't mean that every other P5 conference is equal to that. It's just that because they view the SEC as elite, they think they can use it to disqualify us. Why don't they compare us to the ACC? Our conferences are VERY similar. They have their bottom feeders, their middle of the road, their good, and their 1 elite team.

Talk about number of fans? I watched plenty of P5 games this season with laughable crowds (hi Miami).

They need to drop this P5/G5 label, because it just creates the perception of division. Higher/lower. And it allows the uneducated to further that stereotype. The reality is far different. At least in the BCS days, non blue bloods had the illusion of inclusion.

Reactions: OtterKnight
Was there a lot of talk in 2016 when Western Michigan went undefeated and finished 15th in final playoff rankings behind a 4 loss Auburn team?

Generally speaking most fanbases are not caring about other teams, especially from other conferences.

That’s why there was the “do it again next year narrative.”

Also, if you honestly analyze the rosters there is no comparison. WMi had like 3-4 skill players on both sides of the ball. One dominant WR. He was a beast but not much else. UCF has has many at either RB, WR, OL or DB....plus QB1 and QB2 better along with DL. UCF doesn’t have “perfect” size at all positions but our guys are ballers. It’s sad the “experts” don’t have the cognitive ability to see that....why would trolls

I would say WMi was comparable to some UCF teams in the 90s. A handful of solid players but some real weak spots.

Today’s UCF is solid all over. Not saying they wouldn’t lose to somebody....this is a CFB....but they could play with anyone as well as almost anyone else.

ADVERTISEMENT