ADVERTISEMENT

Which was better accomplishment?

What about 800 yards and 14 TDs again this schedule!!

2017 Notre Dame Football Schedule
temple-owls-230x230.png

SATURDAY, SEP 2
Temple
3:30pm ET | NBC

W 49-16
georgia-bulldogs-230x230.png

SATURDAY, SEP 9
Georgia
7:30pm ET | NBC

L 20-19
boston-college-eagles-230x230.png

SATURDAY, SEP 16
atBoston College
3:30pm ET | ESPN

W 49-20
michigan-state-spartans-230x230.png

SATURDAY, SEP 23
atMichigan State
8:00pm ET | FOX

W 38-18
miami-redhawks-230x230.png

SATURDAY, SEP 30
Miami (Ohio)
5:00pm ET | NBCSN

W 52-17
north-carolina-tar-heels-230x230.png

SATURDAY, OCT 7
atNorth Carolina
3:30pm ET | ABC

W 33-10
usc-trojans-logo-230x230.png

SATURDAY, OCT 21
USC

W 49-14
nc-state-wolfpack-1-230x230.png

SATURDAY, OCT 28
NC State

W 35-14
wake-forest-demon-deacons-230x230.png

SATURDAY, NOV 4
Wake Forest

W 48-37
miami-hurricanes-230x230.png

SATURDAY, NOV 11
atMiami (FL)
8:00pm ET | ABC

L 41-8
navy-midshipmen-230x230.png

SATURDAY, NOV 18
Navy

W 24-17
stanford-cardinal-230x230.png

SATURDAY, NOV 25
atStanford

L 38-20
Citrus Bowl
lsu-tigers-230x230.png

MONDAY, JAN 1
vsLSU
*in Orlando, FL
1:00pm ET | ABC

W 21-17

What about 800 yards and 14 TDs again this schedule!!

2017 Notre Dame Football Schedule
temple-owls-230x230.png

SATURDAY, SEP 2
Temple

W 49-16
georgia-bulldogs-230x230.png

SATURDAY, SEP 9
Georgia

L 20-19
boston-college-eagles-230x230.png

SATURDAY, SEP 16
atBoston College
3:30pm ET | ESPN

W 49-20
michigan-state-spartans-230x230.png

SATURDAY, SEP 23
atMichigan State
8:00pm ET | FOX

W 38-18
miami-redhawks-230x230.png

SATURDAY, SEP 30
Miami (Ohio)
5:00pm ET | NBCSN

W 52-17
north-carolina-tar-heels-230x230.png

SATURDAY, OCT 7
atNorth Carolina
3:30pm ET | ABC

W 33-10
usc-trojans-logo-230x230.png

SATURDAY, OCT 21
USC

W 49-14
nc-state-wolfpack-1-230x230.png

SATURDAY, OCT 28
NC State

W 35-14
wake-forest-demon-deacons-230x230.png

SATURDAY, NOV 4
Wake Forest

W 48-37
miami-hurricanes-230x230.png

SATURDAY, NOV 11
atMiami (FL)

L 41-8
navy-midshipmen-230x230.png

SATURDAY, NOV 18
Navy

W 24-17
stanford-cardinal-230x230.png

SATURDAY, NOV 25
atStanford

L 38-20
Citrus Bowl
lsu-tigers-230x230.png

MONDAY, JAN 1
vsLSU
*in Orlando, FL
1:00pm ET | ABC

W 21-17
Ok if you want to say Wimbush is more athletic than both. Maybe. But we’ve had multiple athletic QBs in last 20 years. In any case you can make a case for multiple guys being just as athletic as Culpepper. Results or not.

Speed Kills."

You've probably heard that phrase when it comes to sports, and it couldn't be more true. Nine times out of 10, the faster athlete is going to be the more dominant athlete. Speed is going to allow them to move up and down the field or court faster as well as make shots, passes or any type of play at a more rapid rate. If you want to be considered athletic, you're going to need some speed.

So multiple are just as fast or faster.

Speed Kills."

You've probably heard that phrase when it comes to sports, and it couldn't be more true. Nine times out of 10, the faster athlete is going to be the more dominant athlete. Speed is going to allow them to move up and down the field or court faster as well as make shots, passes or any type of play at a more rapid rate. If you want to be considered athletic, you're going to need some speed.

So multiple are just as fast or faster.
Daunte was probably the most athletic QB at UCF and Wimbush is probably second

Speed and athleticism are not the same.

Oh...this thread turned out slightly different than I thought it would....I thought pulling off the "sisters switch" would have been one of the items. (Or the much easier and less impressive roommate switch).

The Plan

The Result

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Being fast is the best indicator of being athletic.
Incorrect. Not by definition. Not one single mention of fast. Actually this definition strongly describes Culpepper and Wimbush. However, it doesn’t describe Milton much at all

ath·let·ic
/ˌaTH(ə)ˈledik/

adjective
  1. 1.
    physically strong, fit, and active.
    "big, muscular, athletic boys"
    synonyms: muscular, muscly, sturdy, strapping, well built, powerfully built, strong, powerful, robust, able-bodied, vigorous, hardy, lusty, hearty, hale and hearty, brawny, burly, broad-shouldered, thickset, Herculean.

Incorrect. Not by definition. Not one single mention of fast. Actually this definition strongly describes Culpepper and Wimbush. However, it doesn’t describe Milton much at all

ath·let·ic
/ˌaTH(ə)ˈledik/

adjective
  1. 1.
    physically strong, fit, and active.
    "big, muscular, athletic boys"
    synonyms: muscular, muscly, sturdy, strapping, well built, powerfully built, strong, powerful, robust, able-bodied, vigorous, hardy, lusty, hearty, hale and hearty, brawny, burly, broad-shouldered, thickset, Herculean.
That’s the 1980 version of athletic. Not today’s. Brock Resner is athletic with that definition. Probably actually the 1930 definition. If you don’t think AK is more athletic than people bigger and stronger than you can just go keeping on thinking you’re right.

That’s the 1980 version of athletic. Not today’s. Brock Resner is athletic with that definition. Probably actually the 1930 definition. If you don’t think AK is more athletic than people bigger and stronger than you can just go keeping on thinking you’re right.
AK is very fast

I would not consider him athletic. Nor have I ever heard him described as such

He’s not super shifty. Doesn’t make a lot of people miss

He’s not big and powerful

He ran track, because he is fast, however he isn’t good at other sports like basketball or baseball to the best of my knowledge

Bo Jackson was one of the most athletic person in the history of the world

He was considered athletic in 1982 and would be considered athletic in 2019

Reactions: Knight_Light
Yes he was very fast.
Yes. However, he was a great athlete for all those things in addition to being fast
Not just being fast alone

Pietro Mennea (probably never heard of him) held the 200 meters record for 17 years at 19.72.

He was fast, but was sooooo not athletic

Being fast is the best indicator of being athletic.

Dude stop you sound like a fool. Lebron James is not the fastest guy in the NBA but he certainly is the most athletic. JJ Watt is not the fastest guy in the NFL but he is one of the most athletic. Milton is faster than Trevor Lawrence and I'd say Trevor Lawrence is more athletic.

Lebron the most athletic? Get out of here. Vince carter was way more athletic than him. You guys put size ahead of all other attributes. Size is not athleticism. It’s just an advantage.

The o-line in 1998 was nowhere near what 2017 was, especially in depth. Also the system was different.

No it is not...Is this guy more athletic than Culpepper?
Alice-Eliud-Blog-Title.jpg
No idea who he is. Probably a distance runner? That’s endurance. I never said Culpepper wasn’t a good athlete. My point was we’ve had plenty of athletic guys in between Daunte and Wimbush. Those 2 aren’t the greatest athletes we’ve had at QB ever. Plenty of athletes in between.

A world class long distance runner maybe needs to excel only in endurance and probably doesn't need nearly as many skills as an NBA MVP........So who is more athletic? A competitor who has a ton of only one athletic skill or the one who is exceptional in several athletic areas?
.............IMO the best true athlete is one who has enough exceptional skills that they can compete at a very high level in multiple sports......

Last edited:
No idea who he is. Probably a distance runner? That’s endurance. I never said Culpepper wasn’t a good athlete. My point was we’ve had plenty of athletic guys in between Daunte and Wimbush. Those 2 aren’t the greatest athletes we’ve had at QB ever. Plenty of athletes in between.
Daunte was the most athletic QB we ever had. Was he the most skilled? Did he have the best vision? No. But he was the most athletic hands down. Athleticism is not the measure of success.

Daunte was the most athletic QB we ever had. Was he the most skilled? Did he have the best vision? No. But he was the most athletic hands down. Athleticism is not the measure of success.
The argument wasn’t if Culpepper was athletic. It’s that no one after him was until Wimbush. That’s false.

Speed is one of the most visible athletic attributes but strength, power, agility, coordination, balance, endurance, and accuracy are other important physical athletic attributes. Additionally there are cognitive athletic attributes like multiple object tracking, reaction time, etc. that enable athletes to use their physical skills successfully.

The argument wasn’t if Culpepper was athletic. It’s that no one after him was until Wimbush. That’s false.
BlakNGoldAllDay
Golden Knight

“‘Daunte wasn’t a super athlete. He ran through guys. Not around them. Milton was probably a better athlete.”

Daunte wasn’t a super athlete. He ran through guys. Not around them. Milton was probably a better athlete.
So what? How does make you a better athlete. Milton HAS to run around them because he is not as big and strong. I would say that being able to run through the guys makes you a better athlete.

So what? How does make you a better athlete. Milton HAS to run around them because he is not as big and strong. I would say that being able to run through the guys makes you a better athlete.
It’s wasn’t my post. I just posted what was said by someone else

I agree with you

It makes you bigger. Deion couldn’t run through anyone but easily around a lot of people. That’s pretty athletic.

Bo Jackson was one of the most athletic person in the history of the world

He was considered athletic in 1982 and would be considered athletic in 2019

He was a machine.

Saw him play once at Auburn...man amongst boys.

Saw him hit home runs a mile long...once at Tinker Field and then several times at Baseball & Boardwalk during Spring Training games with the Royals.

MLB All-Star Game and NFL Pro Bowl same season....he was the man!

Believe it was the 30 for 30 on Jackson I saw...great story...goes into detail about his time at Auburn (including playing baseball) and then his situation with the Bucs...("Dont draft me") and the Bucs were cursed for the following 2 decades.

Here is a Sports Century story

He was a machine.

Saw him play once at Auburn...man amongst boys.

Saw him hit home runs a mile long...once at Tinker Field and then several times at Baseball & Boardwalk during Spring Training games with the Royals.

MLB All-Star Game and NFL Pro Bowl same season....he was the man!

Believe it was the 30 for 30 on Jackson I saw...great story...goes into detail about his time at Auburn (including playing baseball) and then his situation with the Bucs...("Dont draft me") and the Bucs were cursed for the following 2 decades.

Here is a Sports Century story
Arguably the greatest athlete of all time. I heard reports that he ran a 4.19 forty

Guy hit a lot of home runs with a hip replacement. Ridiculous

It makes you bigger. Deion couldn’t run through anyone but easily around a lot of people. That’s pretty athletic.
It makes you faster Deion HAD to to run around people. See how that works? Daunte could do both

Culpepper would have eaten Wimbush with his breakfast Wheaties. Not really sure if you’re trying to make a comparison, but you shouldn’t. Culpepper was a NFL QB, doubtful Wimbush ever is. We got very lucky to have Culpepper for the time we did, especially considering how young the program was at that time.

Wimbush is still a good QB though...

ADVERTISEMENT