ADVERTISEMENT

Who is joining the Space Force?

cnewton157

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
May 5, 2010
Thinking about it so that I can finally serve my country. Space seems like fun and I think America would be much safer from the solar wind with a space force to fight it.

Reactions: ProAttitude
Thinking about it so that I can finally serve my country. Space seems like fun and I think America would be much safer from the solar wind with a space force to fight it.

Ill go just on the off chance that I get to meet Rocket Racoon.

Reactions: UCFWayne
LOL!!! The guy is a moron of biblical proportions... and our "conservative" Republicans won't dare stand up to his child-like whims. 4 years of Trump is going to skyrocket the deficit and spending, just like Bush, just like Reagan. When will "conservatives" learn?

Another stupid move by Trump. This isn't the 1960's, we don't need a space force. We need a fuking cyber force.
How in the hell do you think we get to cyber space? You can't fight cybers with out going through space. You know nothing.

Was I appropriately overreacting and rude? I'm trying to fit in around here. I was going to name call, but I thought that might be overselling it.

LOL!!! The guy is a moron of biblical proportions... and our "conservative" Republicans won't dare stand up to his child-like whims. 4 years of Trump is going to skyrocket the deficit and spending, just like Bush, just like Reagan. When will "conservatives" learn?

You can probably get some to partially agree if you don't act like a child. The deficit has been a gigantic problem for a while now and neither party seem to want to address it. Don't forget that Obama was adding $1 trillion to the deficit every year and still couldn't even get 3% GDP growth in 8 years. I would like to see federal spending not increase for 5 years.

It might not be a bad idea at this time to take the RDT&E and O&M of satellites out of the Army and AF and give it to a new branch chartered on managing space operations. Also, with industry taking over the mantle of producing space flight vehicles separate from government, UAVs becoming more and more capable, and the military forces of the world becoming ever more reliant on space-based comms, it’s time we started thinking about protecting our in-space assets.

You’re right that cyber is an evolving front and that we need to devote assets there. But I think we can lay the groundwork for defense of our satellites and other space ventures while also giving resources to cyber.

I'll gladly concede this which is why I stop short of defending the vast majority of Republicans. Truly Coke & Pepsi. This makes your move from mostly right on everything Ron Paul fanboi to white guilt Democrat waterboy that much more puzzling.

What I don't think it's discussed enough is the old guy who has nothing to lose actually saying what he thinks vs opinion focus group poll driven bot: Ron Paul and to much lesser extent Bernie Sanders & big bad demented Drumpf!!!. Campaign Drumpf questioned NATO etc. Ultimately we got fooled again as usual the neocons run the show and the plebs love their Democrat vs Republican bread & circus.

Apparently, when I agreed to the Farmville TOS, I signed myself and son up for the Space Force. Whelp.

lol @ the predictable hysteria here over a service branch that won't be funded by Congress and won't happen any time soon

lol @ the predictable hysteria here over a service branch that won't be funded by Congress and won't happen any time soon

As an FYI, my post wasn’t meant to be a dig at anything other than I personally have no desire to go to space.

i dont think its a terrible idea. i just think its redundant. doesnt the air force space command already cover this? unless he plans on spinning that branch off.

PS- this is not something new. China and Russia have been developing capabilities to essentially weaponized space, or destroy our satellite footprint in space.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/29/spa...-emerge-as-rapidly-growing-threats-to-us.html
Some of these presentations and talks given by AFSMC at various conferences I've attended over the years have been really pushing this threat as legitimate. Honestly, I'd be willing to bet that space warfare against satellites (e.g. kinetic, cyber) has been ongoing for a number of years if not decades.

You can probably get some to partially agree if you don't act like a child. The deficit has been a gigantic problem for a while now and neither party seem to want to address it. Don't forget that Obama was adding $1 trillion to the deficit every year and still couldn't even get 3% GDP growth in 8 years. I would like to see federal spending not increase for 5 years.

The deficit was cut by roughly 60% and federal spending relative to GDP was cut during Obama's tenure.

Do you just believe whatever you want to believe even when there is clear evidence to the contrary?

usgs_line.php

usgs_line.php

Reactions: NinjaKnight
The deficit was cut by roughly 60% and federal spending relative to GDP was cut during Obama's tenure.

Do you just believe whatever you want to believe even when there is clear evidence to the contrary?

usgs_line.php

usgs_line.php
Look at how sharply the deficits dropped in Obama’s second term. I wonder what happened there?

Look at how sharply the deficits dropped in Obama’s second term. I wonder what happened there?
The majority of the drop happened during his first term, Copernicus.

The 2013 deficit and 2017 deficit are almost identical...and have gone up ever since.

Jesus Christ, the data is right in front of you and you idiots still believe whatever you want to believe.

Please answer this question: are you deliberately obtuse, or really just that dumb? If you explain to me that you are being deliberately obtuse, I will gladly stop insulting you as a moron and start insulting you as an asshole.

Obama ran some of the largest deficits in history for multiple years, yet his supporters want us to pat him on the ass because they started declining eventually, despite the fact that they were STILL some of the largest deficits in American history.

[roll]

And the sole reason why those deficits actually came down were because a GOP congress slapped on a budget control act.

Some people are simply too dumb or willfully partisan to admit this.

Obama ran some of the largest deficits in history for multiple years, yet his supporters want us to pat him on the ass because they started declining eventually, despite the fact that they were STILL some of the largest deficits in American history.

[roll]

And the sole reason why those deficits actually came down were because a GOP congress slapped on a budget control act.

Some people are simply too dumb or willfully partisan to admit this.

STFU water cooler bitch. Chemmie posted actual charts, you are running your mouth with your bull shit lies as usual. Also LMAO @ the last line, you pathetic partisan hack.

usgs_line.php

usgs_line.php

I love this old chestnut. It just keeps coming back.

So who is responsible for the 2009 deficit? And by extension, who is responsible for the stimulus?

So who is responsible for the 2009 deficit? And by extension, who is responsible for the stimulus?

It's not even worth it. You're most likely responding to resident morons who have argued with lies for years on here.

I think it was down to $500B in 2016 and it is now close to $1T again. We'll see what the tariffs and the space force do to our budget

It's not even worth it. You're most likely responding to resident morons who have argued with lies for years on here.

I'd just like a little bit of consistency here. Obama saved the economy by doing the stimulus. The stimulus skyrocketed the deficit. The deficit is on Bush.

I also love how liberals like to manipulate the numbers from TARP.

The 426 billion dollar LOAN is spending so Bush's deficit was actually 850 billion. The 440 billion dollars that was paid back on those loans is actually revenue under obama, so his deficits werent nearly as bad as they seem. Its the kind of double accounting that you can only get from central bankers and liberals.

I think it was down to $500B in 2016 and it is now close to $1T again. We'll see what the tariffs and the space force do to our budget

And $500B was still higher than the highest deficit in American history PRIOR to Obama entering office.

Even if you include all of the 2009 budget, and TARP, it still doesn't support what you idiots believe.

If Bush's deficits "werent nearly as bad as they seem," then Obama's elimination of those deficits must be ****ing amazing, right?

And $500B was still higher than the highest deficit in American history PRIOR to Obama entering office.

Soooo... without TARP, Bush's final deficit was $850B (according to your buddy above), but it was Obama's fault that it went down to $500B during his tenure?

...and Bush is responsible for the 2009 deficit, with the exception of roughly around (according to CBO estimates) $200B which were attributed to AARA.

You know, if you guys really want the truth.

Soooo... without TARP, Bush's final deficit was $850B (according to your buddy above), but it was Obama's fault that it went down to $500B during his tenure?

False. WITH TARP it was 850 billion but half of that is loans that were repayed. Bush's last budget deficit was under 500 billion. Just take TARP out of the equation because it was a loan program, not a spending program. Then also take out the 440 billion that was repayed under the Obama administration out of revenue and you get a more accurate picture.

Also, federal revenue dropped by 400 billion in 2009 which is largely the cause of the increased deficit.

I'd just like a little bit of consistency here. Obama saved the economy by doing the stimulus. The stimulus skyrocketed the deficit. The deficit is on Bush.
It's easy to conflate the stimulus and TARP though and both had their issues. The stimulus did stimulate to some degree but I'd disagree that it "saved" the economy. I think if, instead of bailing banks out directly they'd reset the home market at the time and bailed out consumers caught in the bubble, they'd have gone much farther in promoting a quicker recovery with long-lasting effects.

It's easy to conflate the stimulus and TARP though and both had their issues. The stimulus did stimulate to some degree but I'd disagree that it "saved" the economy. I think if, instead of bailing banks out directly they'd reset the home market at the time and bailed out consumers caught in the bubble, they'd have gone much farther in promoting a quicker recovery with long-lasting effects.

I was being a faux-leftist. They love to herald the stimulus but claim that the debt incurred was due to Bush. No, the stimulus didnt save the economy, it just enriched people who didnt need it.

Instead, we each got a $400 tax refund to all Americans and the banks got fined (some has yet to be paid). Yippee!!

Oh, and we had an infrastructure bill that was less than 10% spent on actual infrastructure. Speaking of which, where's Trump's infrastructure plan these days?

Instead, we each got a $400 tax refund to all Americans and the banks got fined (some has yet to be paid). Yippee!!

Oh, and we had an infrastructure bill that was less than 10% spent on actual infrastructure. Speaking of which, where's Trump's infrastructure plan these days?
That is a good question. One thing about the Trump administration that I think we're seeing is that they seem to work through a backlog a few items at a time, focusing and "completing" each, rather than multi-thread a bunch of stuff that never reaches completion. I'm hoping they just haven't gotten to infrastructure yet.

Reactions: Crazyhole
I was being a faux-leftist. They love to herald the stimulus but claim that the debt incurred was due to Bush. No, the stimulus didnt save the economy, it just enriched people who didnt need it.
Haha, ok. I missed the implied tone, obviously.

Reactions: Crazyhole
That is a good question. One thing about the Trump administration that I think we're seeing is that they seem to work through a backlog a few items at a time, focusing and "completing" each, rather than multi-thread a bunch of stuff that never reaches completion. I'm hoping they just haven't gotten to infrastructure yet.

This. Its methodical in nature, which is surprising for the government. Still not totally sold on the amount of "infrastructure" that the federal government needs to dump money into but when it happens I would guess that the money will be spent more wisely than in the past.

ADVERTISEMENT